Theme Parks: Night Photography | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks: Night Photography

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Great shots, as always. Im really going to focus on night shots, never got a decent one yet. Tripod is much needed.

Great shots, as always. Im really going to focus on night shots, never got a decent one yet. Tripod is much needed.

Tripod is really essential for night shots and really and shots that require a slower shutter. You can still pull off some nice handheld night shots, especially the more light that is around and available to you. You can pick up a decent tripod for around $30 on Amazon if you are looking for something not so expensive.

I've got a 65" and my GorilliaPod ball head actually fits onto the 65. If possible I highly recommend looking into that ballhead from gp.

Would you recommend spending a bit more on a decent one and do you find it a pain lugging them around the parks?

That ball head is nice but a little rich for my blood :lol: As for the strap I use the standard one that came with my Canon but these things intrigue me. I've never seen one in person. You get it, I would love a full review.

That ball head is nice but a little rich for my blood :lol: As for the strap I use the standard one that came with my Canon but these things intrigue me. I've never seen one in person. You get it, I would love a full review.

I was debating on getting a new camera body but may wait to see what Sony has up their sleeves so figured instead I would pick up some thing I need like the ball head and taller tripod, external flash and maybe a lens or 2. My buddy has the strap and he loves it. Im always finding that I am swinging my camera over my shoulder and holding it like that anyways so I may as well try it out. Also with the kids im always bending down and have bonked them in the head a few times with a lens so that would help avoid that also :lol:

Well with a kid on the way this may be something I need in a year or two :lol:

Post up some more guys, I love night shots. Not seen any in a while.

Would love to join you man, just a small matter of 4000odd miles in the way :p

Post up some more guys, I love night shots. Not seen any in a while.

Would love to join you man, just a small matter of 4000odd miles in the way :p

Im running out of some night shots from my last trip in November. I may have a few left to edit and post but think im running dry. I plan on getting a lot at both Epcot and Magic Kingdom this next go around in Feb

Im running out of some night shots from my last trip in November. I may have a few left to edit and post but think im running dry. I plan on getting a lot at both Epcot and Magic Kingdom this next go around in Feb

I look forward to seeing them.

I may very well join you, since I could use some more nighttime material, plus I still haven't managed an acceptable batch from a night of Illuminations. It really is tough to shoot.

I haven't been to Epcot since last May and tried shooting Illuminations but failed miserably lol. The plan so far is Epcot all day or at least in the morning with a break during the afternoon. I have a better idea right before the trip and will keep you posted