Theme Parks: Night Photography | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks: Night Photography

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Very nice! Still going to Epcot tomorrow?

I shot Wishes from back in New Fantasyland the other night and wasn't really impressed. I haven't gotten around to processing the shots yet, but I have a feeling I won't be shooting from back there very often if at all anymore. It wasn't crowded, which was nice, but the view wasn't spectacular and Beast's castle just isn't big enough to be a good foreground item.

Very nice! Still going to Epcot tomorrow?

I shot Wishes from back in New Fantasyland the other night and wasn't really impressed. I haven't gotten around to processing the shots yet, but I have a feeling I won't be shooting from back there very often if at all anymore. It wasn't crowded, which was nice, but the view wasn't spectacular and Beast's castle just isn't big enough to be a good foreground item.

Yeppers. Will be there in the AM with the wife and kids and then after an afternoon break will be there with my photographer buddy to shoot Illuminations. Send me a PM if you want to met up at some point

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome shot Mike! What were the settings?

Thanks HTF. Here's what I had, 17mm, ISO100, f/6.3, 3 seconds

Stunning, just stunning.

I see the settings you used but can't work out how you kept he camera so still in the crowd. Tripod?, can you get that much height from a tripod? how do you keep it still, people in the crowd knocking it? Sorry if a dumb questions but I so want to learn everything I can in regards to shooting a beautiful shot like this. (I am taking notes):thumbs:

Thank you Felipe and Roodles!

Roodles, the new tripod I got is huge. That is how I was able to get that height. My buddy shot with me and had a short tripod and got stuck with heads blocking all his shots. I did have a few shots thus came out a little blurry from some movement but for the most part the tripod did an awesome job and I was luck, I didn't really have anyone bump into it also. There was also no MSEP last night so I didn't have that parade crowd to deal with either

Thanks Mike. Good advice which I have added to my notes, I appreciate you taking the time out to post.

Did you go for the Manfrotto tripod?

You are welcome Roodles. Here is a shot of the tripod infront of a door here at the resort just for an idea how massive this Manfrotto tripod is.

Untitled by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Excellent, makes sense to me now. my cheapo tripod is nothing like in comparison, I now know the way to go.

That room looks nice too, did you get a bargain. :lol: Where are you heading today?

Excellent, makes sense to me now. my cheapo tripod is nothing like in comparison, I now know the way to go.

That room looks nice too, did you get a bargain. :lol: Where are you heading today?

We got great bargain . . . free :lol: Our friends mom has a timeshare here at Wyndham Bonnet Creek so she lets us use her points for the weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Had a fun night shooting at Epcot tonight and meeting up with Maxarimike and another buddy. Got some decent shoots of Illuminations and some other night shots around Epcot. But for now here is one, off to bed then AK tomorrow before heading home.

Illuminations by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

We got great bargain . . . free :lol: Our friends mom has a timeshare here at Wyndham Bonnet Creek so she lets us use her points for the weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Had a fun night shooting at Epcot tonight and meeting up with Maxarimike and another buddy. Got some decent shoots of Illuminations and some other night shots around Epcot. But for now here is one, off to bed then AK tomorrow before heading home.

Illuminations by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

I love this shot, One of the best illumination ones I have seen , well done Mike :thumbs:. Could I get those settings when you get 5 mins.

No night shots from AK, when I'm in AK like to shoot around Everest and the safari. AKL is always worth a visit for some animal shots too. Have a great day what ever you get up to.

Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

It was definitely a fun night with some great shots. I'm just now looking through my stuff from last night, and I should have enough to get me through a few more weeks of Fireworks Fridays. :lol:

Have fun at DAK this morning.

It was definitely a fun night with some great shots. I'm just now looking through my stuff from last night, and I should have enough to get me through a few more weeks of Fireworks Fridays. :lol:

Hi Maxairmike:wave:

Be great to see some of your shots :thumbs:

Thanks Mike. AK was pretty busy and kids were a handful :lol: Started editing on the ride home but started watching a movie instead. I got a bunch over the 3 days but need to drag out until our next trip, which may not be until Dec : (

- - - Updated - - -

I love this shot, One of the best illumination ones I have seen , well done Mike :thumbs:. Could I get those settings when you get 5 mins.

No night shots from AK, when I'm in AK like to shoot around Everest and the safari. AKL is always worth a visit for some animal shots too. Have a great day what ever you get up to.

Thanks Roodle :thumbs:

I was at 17mm, 9 seconds, f/14 ISO100 and freezing my butt off :pound:

I got some good shots as Animal Kingdom today but didnt take as many as I had hoped since the kids were bouncing off the walls all morning :lol:

MiniononMistScreen.jpg