Theme Parks: Night Photography | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks: Night Photography

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nice shot Bob, I got some serious work to do on my night shots. You guys are all so good.

Just practice when ever you get the chance. Even go outside and mess around with pictures of you home at night. Just to get used to seeing what types of settings you need to use. I actually enjoy night photography a lot, more so than I do during the day time.

You are right, I do need to practice more and I have started a DSLR level 1 course too :thumbs: was the first week last week and last for 5 weeks. Will most likely do level 2 too.

I also have a book that I am writing all the tips and settings in that you guys post.

Last week was first week, so introduction to DSLR, advantages over a compact etc....

then touched on getting off AUTO and into Programme and changing ISO. Did a bit on focal length too.

If you like I can start a thread and relay everything I learn. Might be helpful for others plus all you "experienced" guys could chip in too.

Last week was first week, so introduction to DSLR, advantages over a compact etc....

then touched on getting off AUTO and into Programme and changing ISO. Did a bit on focal length too.

If you like I can start a thread and relay everything I learn. Might be helpful for others plus all you "experienced" guys could chip in too.

That sounds like a great idea :thumbs:

That'd be awesome! :thumbs:

That turned out very nice! I really need to get my shots into Lightroom and start processing through them. Loved how the shot from Italy turned out, btw. :thumbs:

I won't be posting anything in the thread, but I'll PM you my Flickr link so you can see it.

Thanks Mike :thumbs: I like the Italy one I posted but I wish I had taken my time and framed it up a little more square. I cropped it and its still a little off and irks me so I may go back and re crop it to see if that will help. I think I have some wider shots of Italy with you in them when you were taking the same hallway shots :lol: I still have a ton to go through also form the 3 days we were there.

Ooops, I was hoping I was standing far enough to the side for the hallway shots. You should have said something. :lol:

I've got like 300+ pictures from DAK, 46 from Epcot, and about 20 from AoA that day, so a lot of processing ahead of me. And I still haven't processed any of the Wishes shots from New Fantasyland. I should probably get cracking in Lightroom!

Ooops, I was hoping I was standing far enough to the side for the hallway shots. You should have said something. :lol:

I've got like 300+ pictures from DAK, 46 from Epcot, and about 20 from AoA that day, so a lot of processing ahead of me. And I still haven't processed any of the Wishes shots from New Fantasyland. I should probably get cracking in Lightroom!

I am still trying to get through 390 I took from the Harry Potter Studios Tour, takes me forever :bang: think I need to be more ruthless when deciding on my keepers.

No worries :lol: I think on one of them I waited for you to take your shot since I knew you would be there for a moment and I would get you in the shot. With the long exposure I can get away with having some walk in frame since they wont really be seen.

Do you use anything besides Lightroom like Nik Color Efex or Topaz adjust?

Last edited:
I use Photoshop for some stuff (just blended two of the Illuminations shots together, that will pop up on Friday), but I mostly just use Lightroom and then use Nik for certain images I want an HDR look to. I've thought about trying Topaz, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I use Photoshop for some stuff (just blended two of the Illuminations shots together, that will pop up on Friday), but I mostly just use Lightroom and then use Nik for certain images I want an HDR look to. I've thought about trying Topaz, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I hardly ever use Photoshop when I edit my photos. I know a lot of guys take multiple shots of one subject and will cut and paste the best part of their shots to make the perfect "Frankenstein" picture but I just don't have the time to do all of that :lol:

I absolutely love this thread. Thank you guys. The photos are not just amazing but inspiring. It makes me want to get a real camera and join in the fun!