Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Girl, you didn't start it. Don't give yourself credit.

I got texts about this as a gossip trail around TMs before Tom picked it up. Then it spread and saw it in several places, because WDWNT is desperate.

I will agree you are a massive idiot who should not be listened to at all in any capacity on this forum.
Speak for yourself, I only get my news from TMs and I'm excited for Marvel to turn into DC and Godzilla to take over The Mummy.

Girl, you didn't start it. Don't give yourself credit.

I got texts about this as a gossip trail around TMs before Tom picked it up. Then it spread and saw it in several places, because WDWNT is desperate.

I will agree you are a massive idiot who should not be listened to at all in any capacity on this forum.
And they got it from me back in July
They have multiple parks. It’s like Six flags is doing where they close hurricane harbor weds and Thursday and six flags Monday and Tuesday.

I could see them doing a schedule like this at UOR:
USF closed Monday and Tuesday
IOA closed Wednesday and Thursday
Or mix a single day closure and VB for two days. Say USF Monday, VB Tuesday and Wednesday (for back to back closure which is easier for staffing), IOA Thursday.

Those TMs and clickbait just hate us cuz they ain’t us

395.gif

A couple of points:

I wouldn't have, personally, posted the rumor. It's not like a ride or a show where if you get it wrong, you just take the L and move on. It's something you have to be close to 100% certain on due to its ripple effects. If you get it right, cool, your sources were right. If you don’t, it’s just causing unnecessary panic amongst employees and guests. To the site's credit - they clarified it was TM chatter and it was a rumor, but as someone who deals with this constantly; it's all about the headline. They'll ignore the "rumor" and focus solely on "Universal to close 2 days".

For years, we've made light, or have been skeptical, of TMs and CMs as sources of info and now we're treating it as a certifiable source for such an impactful news story?... and since it appears this talk was based squarely on TM chatter and not additional sources - it's bad form. Obviously the TMs are going to start chatting about what's next with all the cutbacks and VB/Attraction closures.

Beyond that - closing both parks on Monday and Tuesday just doesn't make sense when you consider that Tuesday would have all 3 parks closed. I also feel they would've announced the closures by now, or at least at the same time as the VB seasonal changes. Now, that's not to say a change or closure isn't possible because who knows in the time of Rona - but Universal's unusual public denial of a rumor leads me to believe it ain't going to happen as of now.

A couple of points:

I wouldn't have, personally, posted the rumor. It's not like a ride or a show where if you get it wrong, you just take the L and move on. It's something you have to be close to 100% certain on due to its ripple effects. If you get it right, cool, your sources were right. If you don’t, it’s just causing unnecessary panic amongst employees and guests. To the site's credit - they clarified it was TM chatter and it was a rumor, but as someone who deals with this constantly; it's all about the headline. They'll ignore the "rumor" and focus solely on "Universal to close 2 days".

For years, we've made light, or have been skeptical, of TMs and CMs as sources of info and now we're treating it as a certifiable source for such an impactful news story?... and since it appears this talk was based squarely on TM chatter and not additional sources - it's bad form. Obviously the TMs are going to start chatting about what's next with all the cutbacks and VB/Attraction closures.

Beyond that - closing both parks on Monday and Tuesday just doesn't make sense when you consider that Tuesday would have all 3 parks closed. I also feel they would've announced the closures by now, or at least at the same time as the VB seasonal changes. Now, that's not to say a change or closure isn't possible because who knows in the time of Rona - but Universal's unusual public denial of a rumor leads me to believe it ain't going to happen as of now.

Agreed. It seemed absurd to close 2 parks for 2 days. Knew folks here would have the info on where it came from.

Reactions: Andysol
Great post Brian. Yeah- it's insane that anyone would take TM chatter on a major issue like that as a rumor worth mentioning. A ride soft opening? Sure. Monumental operational changes? Come on.

Literally the only reason I even said anything about VB or a dry park closing back in July was because Six Flags had just made that move. It was just pull it out of my butt "what if Universal or Disney did too?" talk. When VB actually did it, it just made the dry parks even more of a "what if?".

And like @Yabbadabba Doh said- even the rumor made absolutely no sense. They would never have all parks closed in one day. If they did anything, they would stagger it- one park closed on monday and one on wednesday, for example- that way they have 2 parks open M-R at all times. So the rumor was just stupid and made no sense.

Have you seen interaction and clicks decrease on your sites and videos during COVID @Brian G. or @Alicia? I'm wondering if people are seeing a noticeable downtick in interest and running with stuff for clicks out of desperation. Though this is pretty par for the course for Tom Corless.

Have you seen interaction and clicks decrease on your sites and videos during COVID @Brian G. or @Alicia?
Speaking for myself and a few creators I’ve spoken to, I noticed YouTube videos about theme parks took a dive while the parks were closed, but got a little better since they reopened. I’m sure sites saw similar issues, but I don’t post often enough to notice. TBH though, not sure that’s what drives “clickbait”. Click bait gonna click bait, ya know.

I agree with Brian though, rumors about rides are one thing, but headlines about jobs can be in poor taste, regardless of intentions.

A couple of points:

You nailed it with the bold especially. I'm pretty sure most of us with even the slightest bit of "in the know" info has heard vague fear of this from TMs since Volcano Bay cut back with hours already scarce for some, but no one else was irresponsible enough to post it as a real rumor let alone publish it as a story. I mean, I spent Monday at Hollywood Studios enjoying the day with a TM friend and we absolutely discussed hours, cutbacks, etc and of course we discussed the VBay cuts and stuff like that, but there's literally no substance to anything of that either. It's just talk.

It just gets frustrating because some TMs absolutely will bite into the fear. I know I saw at least two old coworker friends still working for Uni retweet it/post the story on FB yesterday expressing some fear. There's just no need for it and there are real consequences.

Last edited:
Have you seen interaction and clicks decrease on your sites and videos during COVID @Brian G. or @Alicia? I'm wondering if people are seeing a noticeable downtick in interest and running with stuff for clicks out of desperation. Though this is pretty par for the course for Tom Corless.

I've noticed it down now with the lack of HHN. The build-up and the event itself are some of our biggest months.

Content is King and everyone has their methods or ways of getting it out, but there should be a line about what content gets out. I have A LOT of thoughts on it, but I don't want to derail the thread anymore. :lol:

So Six Flags sent me an email and it says they plan to announce something next week to tell Six Flags Memebers what perks they get if they keep their memberships until Spring next year.

It would have to be pretty big to keep me on that long, Only thing I could think of is I can bring a friend once a month since I already get Food don't know what else they have to offer.

I've noticed it down now with the lack of HHN. The build-up and the event itself are some of our biggest months.

Content is King and everyone has their methods or ways of getting it out, but there should be a line about what content gets out. I have A LOT of thoughts on it, but I don't want to derail the thread anymore. :lol:
Will Inside Universal be closed on Monday then?

Bunch of places reopening at WDW in the next month or so:

Gaston's Tavern -- September 4th
Cinderella's Royal Table -- September 24th
Hollywood & Vine -- September 25th (w/Halloween Decor and character appearances)
ABC Commissary -- October 8th

Wow! Refreshing to see some reopenings again.

Is the food at Cinderella's any good? The biggest appeal of that is the prime opportunity to see the princesses within the castle, but obviously that ain't happening any time soon.

Bunch of places reopening at WDW in the next month or so:

Gaston's Tavern -- September 4th
Cinderella's Royal Table -- September 24th
Hollywood & Vine -- September 25th (w/Halloween Decor and character appearances)
ABC Commissary -- October 8th
ABC Commissary is a really weird choice. Is it a people eater or something?

It’s the lowest-tier of restaurants in Hollywood Studios and I didn’t think it was popular

ABC Commissary is a really weird choice. Is it a people eater or something?

It’s the lowest-tier of restaurants in Hollywood Studios and I didn’t think it was popular
DHS is the hardest to get into park at WDW right now and Commissary is sort of outside of SWGE, so maybe that’s the thinking? I’m assuming it’ll only be open for lunch.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Is the food at Cinderella's any good? The biggest appeal of that is the prime opportunity to see the princesses within the castle, but obviously that ain't happening any time soon.
It's good, better than just about anything else available in MK, but it's really more about atmosphere than anything. Dining inside the castle is an experience...
cinderella-royal-table-07.jpg

Reactions: TheGentTrent
Status
Not open for further replies.