What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tower of Terror

I would like a Dr. Strange theme for a Dr. Strange ride

For me, retheming ToT would be the equivalent of Universal retheming Spiderman

ToT is peak Imagineering
I believe a Dr Strange retheme could work. The newest film has horror elements that could lend well to this tower.

Would you all be against a Dr. Strange retheme of this ride?

I would be hugely bummed-out if Tower of Terror ever got rethemed, as I think it's one of the pinnacles of Imagineering and Disney's themed storytelling.

However... if it had to be rethemed, I could think of a lot worse ideas than Doctor Strange investigating a haunted hotel. But that aspect (haunted hotel from Hollywood's Golden Age) absolutely must remain, or else Sunset Boulevard will be completely thematically destroyed, and I cannot stand for that.

a tired ride.

prTm8MU.gif

Just about every WDW internet guest survey I've ever seen consistently ranks Tower in the top 5 attractions. People love it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Besides fixing the one shaft that's had some mechanical issues)

Even with the short-run cycle, it's currently running on, still phenomenal.

It's the only ride I've ever considered perfect/flawless.

A make-over for the ToT would be a waist of money.
Use that $$$ to expend the park and finaly ADD attractions.

I'm sure somewhere in Team Disney there is an excel spreadsheet showing an opportunity cost analysis of replacing/removing the Twilight Zone IP to a Disney-owned IP.

Are we really pretending Mission Breakout is better than WDW's Tower of Terror? (I see the argument for DCA's compromised version, even if I still disagree with it.)

Are we really pretending Mission Breakout is better than WDW's Tower of Terror? (I see the argument for DCA's compromised version, even if I still disagree with it.)

I feel that one's preference can boil down to the drop profiles, it's the core ride and the finale that both attractions lead to. And honestly, Mission Breakout's drop profiles are more intense than Tower of Terror's. MB's surprised the heck out of me, and I was stunned when I re-rode WDW's ToT the next year and discovered the drop profiles just weren't as intense.

I know it's apples to oranges since both Tower's go in a drastically different tone and direction (Mystery/Suspense/Horror for WDW's ToT, Fast n' Frantic Action for Mission Breakout), but I can totally see why people would prefer MB over ToT. If the drop profiles are their thing, MB gives it better. Also, there are those who prefer a more action-oriented approach. I know folks who didn't like either ToT since they're not fond of Horror, but they do like Mission Breakout.

It’s not better than WDW’s ToT, but imo it’s absolutely better than the neutered ToT at DCA. Mission Breakout fits the lesser ride profile better by getting the most bang for its buck.

Random drop profiles, better queue, feels like an elevator, etc. Yeah DHS TOT > MB. I do think MB is better than DCA's TOT though.

DCA’s TOT to MB was in my opinion one of the few changes/replacements in the recent era of Disney that actually improves what has come before.

I prefer Tokyo Disney Sea’s ToT theme the most, but I think due to the seatbelt that goes over your shoulder and the less forceful drops that Disney World’s ToT beats out all of the towers.

DCA’s TOT to MB was in my opinion one of the few changes/replacements in the recent era of Disney that actually improves what has come before.

I prefer Tokyo Disney Sea’s ToT theme the most, but I think due to the seatbelt that goes over your shoulder and the less forceful drops that Disney World’s ToT beats out all of the towers.

More tower is better tower. Keep DHS ToT, keep DCA MB, keep TDS ToT it weird self.