Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tower of Terror

Exactly. As bad as GotG 'fits' in Epcot, it's much better than the alternative.

GotG was going somewhere. And I'd much rather it take up the spot of an unused building in the corner of Epcot w/ a unique ride instead of doing an overlay of 2 existing rides. And it appeared that was our only two options.
To be frank, I'm shocked they settled on the former.
Epcot desperately needs help. Guardians is a big pull and there marketable.

Exactly. As bad as GotG 'fits' in Epcot, it's much better than the alternative.

GotG was going somewhere. And I'd much rather it take up the spot of an unused building in the corner of Epcot w/ a unique ride instead of doing an overlay of 2 existing rides. And it appeared that was our only two options.
To be frank, I'm shocked they settled on the former.

I mean, it really should have switched places with TRON and gone into Tomorrowland.

I haven't been on Mission Breakout, so I can't personally speak to it, but I have no doubt it's a lot of fun.

However, WDW's Tower of Terror is a masterpiece that involves so much more than just the ride experience itself. The scale, the build-up that begins before you've even entered the park, the evocation of a particular mood and atmosphere and setting... it's phenomenal.

Better than DCA’s Tower, maybe, but in no universe does Guardians even come close to DHS’s Tower.

I would happily take Guardians over Tower at DHS.

ToT now feels slow and boring by comparison. Maybe for a first tome ride, it could be better but after rising 50+ times, I just want to experience the drop.

Potential repercussions for the ride if this movie ends up happening...

I would think it would guarantee the dropping of the TWILIGHT ZONE connection.

As an aside, I'd hope this movie attempts to actually be kind of scary (or as far as Disney could go in that direction). Unlike Haunted Mansion, TOT does not have funny gags, so it should not be turned into a comedy. The attached writer (who's done good work at Pixar!) would imply this won't be a "straight" attempt at a haunted hotel story.

As an aside, I'd hope this movie attempts to actually be kind of scary (or as far as Disney could go in that direction). Unlike Haunted Mansion, TOT does not have funny gags, so it should not be turned into a comedy. The attached writer (who's done good work at Pixar!) would imply this won't be a "straight" attempt at a haunted hotel story.
This could be good if they strike the right tone. I hope they wouldn’t change the original TOT but if it spares it from being torn down or converted to a theme that wouldn’t work, I’m all for it.

But what about the already classic Disney Channel movie with Steve Guttenberg and Kirsten Dunst? :rimshot:

I think this is a sign that if it happens the Twlight Zone is gone. That being said, i don't think scary is the diretion to go, i think suspense and noir is a better angle.

i think suspense and noir is a better angle.

I think there's even less of a chance Disney would go that way than going with ghosts, but it would certainly be an interesting genre to see Disney's interpretation of. They haven't really gone with a legit noir influence since WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT.

I think there's even less of a chance Disney would go that way than going with ghosts, but it would certainly be an interesting genre to see Disney's interpretation of. They haven't really gone with a legit noir influence since WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT.

I mean Pirate movies were dead for decades before POTC came around. Same for adventure serials before Indy.

This is atrocious and awful news. I'm literally watching The Twilight Zone right now as I coincidentally read this post. I was hoping CBS's terrible reboot getting cancelled would cause them to stop badgering Disney for more money for the license. But this news is pretty much the death nail for ToT. There's no way they don't alter the ride to match whatever movie they make...unless it turns out as bad as the Haunted Mansion movie with Eddie Murphy...

I think this is a sign that if it happens the Twlight Zone is gone. That being said, i don't think scary is the diretion to go, i think suspense and noir is a better angle.

I think the attraction as is could be classified as "suspense/noir."