Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 382 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
& what about all of the barricades/all doors being shut? Tourists dont pay attention to that either & will climb over those & try & break the doors down?

I'm also wondering if the reason they are holding off putting up the ride sign is too avoid even more confusion & will wait on putting that up even during softs, & perhaps put it up along with Optimus right before the grand opening.

- - - Updated - - -

Just had a thaught though, they could run advertisements for the ride on the outdoor queue monitors!
When the WALLS WERE STILL UP, guests would ask how to get on the ride and how long the wait time was. Trust me, there is a group of people that will get confused no matter what. :lol:

Kind of makes me wonder, with all that open space for the outdoor queue by Monsters, why didnt they just add on an extension to the showbuilding itself to contain the extra que space? Even the queues under the outdoor montors, why didnt they just build walls there instead of just making it an outdoor area with awning??Just because its a box design in USH deoent mean they had to do it here.

- - - Updated - - -

When the WALLS WERE STILL UP, guests would ask how to get on the ride and how long the wait time was. Trust me, there is a group of people that will get confused no matter what. :lol:

Ah, people I guess.

Kind of makes me wonder, with all that open space for the outdoor queue by Monsters, why didnt they just add on an extension to the showbuilding itself to contain the extra que space? Even the queues under the outdoor montors, why didnt they just build walls there instead of just making it an outdoor area with awning??Just because its a box design in USH deoent mean they had to do it here.
Actually I was sort of wondering this as well. It would make Monsters feel rather boxed in, but the way it is right now isn't ideal either.

A couple reasons I would imagine. Adding to the building would have cost more money and time and they are looking to get this open before the summer season. Doesn't make sense to open a new ride going into a slow season, you want it in a busy season to pull people from Disney and come see Uni for a day or more.

Other reason is that these are extended queues and some day will no longer be needed. Yes, the one under the awning will, but that one even looks more permanent with the TV monitors, but I am thinking the one by monsters will not be needed forever and this would then allow them to remove it and give it back to monsters cafe or whatever place to eat is there at the time. Yes, in peak seasons it may always be needed, but they could add and subtract it for the season vs. having something that will always be there.

A couple reasons I would imagine. Adding to the building would have cost more money and time and they are looking to get this open before the summer season. Doesn't make sense to open a new ride going into a slow season, you want it in a busy season to pull people from Disney and come see Uni for a day or more.

Other reason is that these are extended queues and some day will no longer be needed. Yes, the one under the awning will, but that one even looks more permanent with the TV monitors, but I am thinking the one by monsters will not be needed forever and this would then allow them to remove it and give it back to monsters cafe or whatever place to eat is there at the time. Yes, in peak seasons it may always be needed, but they could add and subtract it for the season vs. having something that will always be there.

I don't think this will ever be the case. That extended queue is staying until Transformers is replaced by the next big thing, which will be YEARS from now. Spider-Man's extended queue is still used and that attraction is going on 15 years of service.

-Andy

I don't think this will ever be the case. That extended queue is staying until Transformers is replaced by the next big thing, which will be YEARS from now. Spider-Man's extended queue is still used and that attraction is going on 15 years of service.

-Andy

We don't know how much queue there is before it hits monster cafe portion. That has been a debate, but until we actually are able to get into the line and understand everything, we won't know how long the wait is once you hit this portion of the queue. So lets say this is only used for waits greater than 2 hours, then it will only be used at Spring Break and Chirstmas. If it is for waits over 60 minutes then yes, daily use would be needed. Once the initial opening happens and Phase 2 opens, this queue will be used less and less if it is for after 2 hours. So they could remove it and only put it up when needed. Kind of like what they do at MK for Its a small world. The extended queue is only up during Christmas and spring break. So then outside those periods, that area is more open.

I think the overall reason was time and money though. I think that was the final determination.

Gonna be pretty hard to do softs when you only have 5 of 16 RV's, testing isn't complete, and employee training isn't even close to finished.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Maybe Uni will go full retard and do softs when the employees aren't even close to being fully trained, and they don't even have half of their RV's......that would be interesting :rofl:

Also, I would expect for Optimus to go up (and the sign) before any soft openings to begin. Reaalllllyyyy looking forward to what the final touches on the building will look like.

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbs:

So... this is strange looking:
jMCIcYFqffFQu.JPG