Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 381 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
I think the barriers look awesome actually. Btw, quick question: Is there any Transformers merch being sold in the Universal Studios Store in Citywalk yet?

I think the barriers look awesome actually. Btw, quick question: Is there any Transformers merch being sold in the Universal Studios Store in Citywalk yet?

I think merch has been there for a couple of weeks, not sure though.

does anyone have a hyper closeup of said jersey barriers? Do they have any lift areas that show that they have been used over and over or that they are just themed to look used? I am open minded, but I find it hard to believe they are permanent. If they are, then they are a weak brushstroke... very weak.

Not sure about the actual store, but they have been selling TF merch at some of the CityWalk kiosks. :thumbs:

i6OzSi8taEDfm.jpg

iVOL13vZPnpGT.jpg

From AmusementPics

Reactions: Cwoolboy
The building seemed like it was confusing a ton of guests, they wanted to know where the ride entrance was and how long the wait time was :lol:
Which is exactly why they have TM's stationed out front. With the walls down now, that attraction looks as though it could be operational. They are there not only to keep guests away from the queue, but in large part to do guest service and clear up any confusion in regards to the ride and help build excitement towards it.

1. According to what we've heard, the actual ride is the same as USH and USS, but the queue is different. No idea past that.

Just for clarification, the ride in Singapore is different from that in Hollywood in terms of projection technology. In short, Singapore employs a lower resolution projection system. It's a considerable difference.

The queues also differ in somewhat significant ways, but the main portions are there.

Reactions: Felipe
Just for clarification, the ride in Singapore is different from that in Hollywood in terms of projection technology. In short, Singapore employs a lower resolution projection system. It's a considerable difference.

The queues also differ in somewhat significant ways, but the main portions are there.

Thanks for the clarification! :thumbs:

And did I just pull an original/legacy member out of the shadows of lurkdom? Awesome! :lol:

Last edited:
For those here thinking any random TM outside the building means "it might open today", realize that the current Yellow shirt TMs outside are the same staff who have been helping with the construction process from day 1. They are not attractions trained and don't have anything to do with operating the attraction. You will need to see lots of NEST uniforms hanging out around the building before even considering the attraction being ready for riders.

Reactions: JungleSkip
Which is exactly why they have TM's stationed out front. With the walls down now, that attraction looks as though it could be operational. They are there not only to keep guests away from the queue, but in large part to do guest service and clear up any confusion in regards to the ride and help build excitement towards it.

The fact that all of the doors are closed with barricades all over the front & the "Opening Summer" signs right in front of the entrance should clear up any of that confusion.

Not sure if this has been said or not, but the TF opening ops team has been selected and they are being/have already been informed.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Tourists get confused easily and pay little attention to signs.

& what about all of the barricades/all doors being shut? Tourists dont pay attention to that either & will climb over those & try & break the doors down?

I'm also wondering if the reason they are holding off putting up the ride sign is too avoid even more confusion & will wait on putting that up even during softs, & perhaps put it up along with Optimus right before the grand opening.

- - - Updated - - -

Just had a thaught though, they could run advertisements for the ride on the outdoor queue monitors!

That outside queue looks unbearable. A huge block of switchbacks out in the 90 degree sun? I wouldn't survive that, I don't think I could wait in that line. I guess for me it's express pass or nothing, lol.