Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really hate to be a downer but in the event of a (hopefully mild) slowdown, should they have to make the choice between:

A) Halting Monsters and Dragon construction and focusing on getting SNW and Ministry ready on time

B) Delaying the whole thing to ensure a "complete" park on opening day

...I think that they should choose A. Yes, there would be complaints about it being a "half-day" park but I would much rather have that then having to wait ANOTHER year or two.

The pandemic taught Comcast an important lesson. They are still kicking themselves for pausing constrcution when they did. This project is full steam ahead.

5 dollar gas, 600 dollar plane tickets and higher lodging along with meals spiking. Recession next year

yet consumer spending is through the roof right now and doesn't show signs of slowing down anytime soon.

Plane tickets into orlando are under 300$ for the week I am looking for.
My $300 flight is now 6 and you play musical planes based on how many tickets they can sell and staffing and fuel. Maybe you get the flights you want and maybe you don't. Last was five changes from booking to departure.
FF miles? used to be about 12,500 each way, now more like 100K.

Reactions: Grabnar
The last time there was a recession, Universal continued to invest in the Resort, specifically the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - and I'd say it all turned out okay. Let's chill out a bit with this discussion.

I am still shocked it drew as many crowds as it did--I was worried WWoHP would flop because of the recession.

The last time there was a recession, Universal continued to invest in the Resort, specifically the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - and I'd say it all turned out okay. Let's chill out a bit with this discussion.
So by that logic we should hope for a recession so we can get more amazing things? ;)

I've paused my theme park vacations for this year. With significant stimulus money still in bank accounts, according to financial surveys, and the covid bounce back in travel, parks are just too busy and the hotel deals/prices
too burdensome. There will probably be a significant slowdown in travel next year, if not a downright mild recession. I'll do the old truism, namely buy when the demand is down. Parks aren't as much fun when they're overly crowded and
still experiencing capacity issues for various reasons.

I've paused my theme park vacations for this year. With significant stimulus money still in bank accounts, according to financial surveys, and the covid bounce back in travel, parks are just too busy and the hotel deals/prices
too burdensome. There will probably be a significant slowdown in travel next year, if not a downright mild recession. I'll do the old truism, namely buy when the demand is down. Parks aren't as much fun when they're overly crowded and
still experiencing capacity issues for various reasons.

Huh?

This park won't be open this year...or next.

I'm just referring to Orlando theme parks in general, since the discussion was referring to present travel, costs, economy and theme park attendance. I know Epic won't be open until 2025, or thereabouts.

I'm wondering if we see the Osborne Effect again, like before Hogsmeade.

The thing is, the awesome surge in visitors we see at Universal are mainly from locals and the surrounding states.
National travel is rising and international traveling is very slowly rising but currently last in line. If ww3 or a pandemic doesn't arise I'm sure that growth will be constant.

The thing is, the awesome surge in visitors we see at Universal are mainly from locals and the surrounding states.
National travel is rising and international traveling is very slowly rising but currently last in line. If ww3 or a pandemic doesn't arise I'm sure that growth will be constant.
Maybe people will be like, let's quickly go to Uni before that monkey pox thing gets worse lol