Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread or one of the others, but it's a good summary of where things currently stand from @Alicia ...

I still wish Universal had pulled the trigger on the rumored Creature from the Black Lagoon boat ride for the Monster land instead of another coaster, but I'm obviously not in charge!

As far as I know, Creature from the Black lagoon is still on, it’s just saved for phase two. Coaster is only replacing the theater.

I still wish Universal had pulled the trigger on the rumored Creature from the Black Lagoon boat ride for the Monster land instead of another coaster, but I'm obviously not in charge!
I'm not sure if a boat ride could fit within the plot of land where the coaster is rumored to be, but Monsters does have 3.25 acres of land set aside; the same amount of space as Popeye and Bluto's.

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet
I'm not sure if a boat ride could fit within the plot of land where the coaster is rumored to be, but Monsters does have 3.25 acres of land set aside; the same amount of space as Popeye and Bluto's.
Correct, the green area in the image below is set aside for phase 2, rumored to be a Creature from the Black Lagoon attraction. The red area is where the new family spinning coaster is rumored to go, (and it may include that small parking lot as well, as that was possibly related to the theater itself).

45BE9AEC-7D89-4C84-B96E-2A5ADD76F006.jpeg

I should probably clarify, this is listed as phase 2 for the Monsters land permit, not necessarily the entire park. In other words, something else might open at the park after it opens besides this, but this little section of Monsters will be that permit’s phase two.

As for what I think might be the park’s actual phase 2, we should probably move to the speculation thread.

midwaymayhemdkcoaster.png

It's kind of funny knowing this is a roller coaster but looking at this and thinking they're building it wrong. Someone didn't turn the blueprints around all the way! :lol:

A legit question though: Are the black portions the actual track and tan portions for the faux track or is that tan/beige part for the sake outdoor theming (similar to the interior structures of Everest differentiating between the track and the mountain)? Or are both tracks sharing the same supports the whole way?

If you didn't check out the video Loki posted it's got one of the most gorgeous overview shots of the I've seen park so far!

midwaymahemeuoverview.jpg

I really hope this angle is recreated a few times over the next few years. It's the first time I can really get a sense of the park and all the lands and get a feel for the park as a whole.

Can we pleeeeeaaase get this open already?!

:drool:

View attachment 16630

It's kind of funny knowing this is a roller coaster but looking at this and thinking they're building it wrong. Someone didn't turn the blueprints around all the way! :lol:

A legit question though: Are the black portions the actual track and tan portions for the faux track or is that tan/beige part for the sake outdoor theming (similar to the interior structures of Everest differentiating between the track and the mountain)? Or are both tracks sharing the same supports the whole way?

If you didn't check out the video Loki posted it's got one of the most gorgeous overview shots of the I've seen park so far!

View attachment 16631

I really hope this angle is recreated a few times over the next few years. It's the first time I can really get a sense of the park and all the lands and get a feel for the park as a whole.

The colors of the real track and supports change depending on the scenery. Yellow is so it blends in with the banana temple facade. The fake track will remain the same color throughout.

With multiple backstage offices and buildings being built at Epic, does this make the buildings over at Studios a bit more expendable in terms of being torn down for more park space??

From what I have heard the cameras they have mounted around the site are being used for both security and a future time lapse

The colors of the real track and supports change depending on the scenery. Yellow is so it blends in with the banana temple facade. The fake track will remain the same color throughout.
I presume the black track is for the dark ride sections?

I wonder when Universal is going to make another announcement concerning the park. We must be getting pretty close to official land drops/previews. Wait too much longer and the announcement will come after we actually "see" the lands. I know that we have all known which lands are being built (worst kept secret), but as far as I can recall, Universal has not made an official statement concerning the details of the park itself after that initial concept art and logo reveal.