Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder when Universal is going to make another announcement concerning the park. We must be getting pretty close to official land drops/previews. Wait too much longer and the announcement will come after we actually "see" the lands. I know that we have all known which lands are being built (worst kept secret), but as far as I can recall, Universal has not made an official statement concerning the details of the park itself after that initial concept art and logo reveal.
Looking at Universal's track record; somewhere at the start of 2026 after the park opened. But to be honest I'm surprised we even got a beautiful, large piece of concept art at the start. Sure some details will have changed but I didn't expect that from Universal.

Im assuming we’ll get some form of preview (probably a behind the scenes/construction video pushed on peacock and maybe a physical space) a year out. That would be following the same timeline as the IOA preview center.

Im assuming we’ll get some form of preview (probably a behind the scenes/construction video pushed on peacock and maybe a physical space) a year out. That would be following the same timeline as the IOA preview center.

The big problem I have is the size of it, this thing can barely hold 10 people and is awkwardly oriented. Unless they demo a big portion of it (and maybe even more stores) there's no way they can fit a Nintendo store or EU preview center in there. That's ignoring the fact the preview center is only in one of the two parks!

Reactions: Nico
I’m a firm believer in evil eye. Never announce anything until it's time to open. Best to keep your competition guessing.

I'm sure the competition knows exactly what's coming -- some WDW Imagineers probably even get a tour before we do.

The problem is, outside message boards, theme park APs aren't terribly loyal. Majority of APs I know have a round robin approach of WDW this year, Universal the next, then maybe a cheap year with just Sea World. When Universal announced Hogsmeade, they lost at least 25% of their AP base -- "why buy this year? we'll just come back in a year when Potter opens!" I'm sure the same logic would apply if they announce EU more than, say, 3 or 4 months out from open.

That said, with the 7 or 8 visible cranes on site, I imagine much of this is going to be visible from Universal Blvd by early 2023. Going to be tough pretending this is a churro stand.

That new video posted above really shows the height of the structures.

What will be the tallest themed building? Something in the Potter land that shall not be named yet?

The BOH building that they are currently working on is my thought.
Or the hotel, depending on if you consider that to be themed or not. The EU concept art makes it look like a fairly modern hotel on the exterior facade, so it'll be interesting how it'll blend into the park.

Reactions: Ahmanet