Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I remember when people thought the Ebola outbreak would cause issues with Diagon's launch.
Universal and Disney opened huge expansions right before tourism crashed in 2001
The parks just turned off their fire effects during high gas prices of 2004/5
They built Wizarding World in the midst of the great recession of 2008
They built a JW expansion during Covid
They're building EU during a rocky economic time

There's always *something*

It's almost as if the market will eventually recover and there's historical evidence to suggest so

Unless Comcast plans on paying for everything with Bitcoin or Beanie Babies, I think we'll be ok lol

This to me is the most exciting stage of construction tbh, the forming of what will become our memories for a lifetime is slowly coming together!

This. While everyone is so hyped for Super Nintendo World, I'm interested to see what Universal Monsters has to offer, since the area based upon that has never been done before.

I wonder what's going to be in Frankenstein's Castle dark ride attraction.

While not officially confirmed, everything is pointing to a Kuka arm dark ride. And if going off the permits filed for the vehicles, there could be a bigger focus on practical sets/effects since the vehicles aren't forcing you to look forward like FJ's.

The thing is, the awesome surge in visitors we see at Universal are mainly from locals and the surrounding states.
National travel is rising and international traveling is very slowly rising but currently last in line. If ww3 or a pandemic doesn't arise I'm sure that growth will be constant.
Yea I saw someone post something that said 70% of WDW visitors were locals or from like 300 miles away. That’s crazy to considering a lot of people and myself consider that a tourist heavy park versus DL.

bioupdateueuhub.png

The foundation of the center ride (carousel?) is starting off less round than I imagined. Are they not going to go all around with the steel piling? The pink circle is what I assume is the general footprint of the ride/structure.

It's early but I guessing the yellow circle might be the control center/system for the fountain?

Reactions: Suchomimus and Nico

View attachment 16529

The foundation of the center ride (carousel?) is starting off less round than I imagined. Are they not going to go all around with the steel piling? The pink circle is what I assume is the general footprint of the ride/structure.

It's early but I guessing the yellow circle might be the control center/system for the fountain?

sheet piling on the site arent necessarily shape forming they are holding back dirt in order to be able to work. they appear to be getting utilities into the show building. I will be posting some overlays for the Hub later on twitter so you will be able to see it clearer then, but the circular shape of the building is not where most would assume it is.

As for the yellow circle, i was also assume that since theyre currently working at basement level this is for power/water from plantroom for pumps as on the plans this area is just bleachers

Thanks! I'm probably more fascinated by what's going on there than anyone else so I appreciate the response. It's minuscule compared to whats going on everywhere else but for some reason I like this spot. lol

20220615-122602.jpg

Looks like the Intamin track for the P903 coaster has finally made it to the site!

EDIT: After seeing some comparison photos, I agree with the others that this looks more like Mack track! Whoops!

EDIT AGAIN: After looking at even more photos, I'm back to thinking this is Intamin. I can't find a single Mack coaster (spinner, launch, hyper) where the support column continues through the spine of the track. Meanwhile, that seems to be the standard for Intimin's triangle track across several models (LSM launch, family launch, mega-lite).

Enjoy these hastily thrown together comparisons!

New Track:
NEWTRACK.png

Intamin:
INTAMIN.jpg

Mack:
MACK.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, of course, the P903 coaster. I'd put P903 above Stargate and below Battlestar Galatica in my ranking of late 90s early 00s sci fi television.
How to Train Your Dragon.

Looks like the Intamin track for the P903 coaster has finally made it to the site!

EDIT: After seeing some comparison photos, I agree with the others that this looks more like Mack track! Whoops!

EDIT AGAIN: After looking at even more photos, I'm back to thinking this is Intamin. I can't find a single Mack coaster (spinner, launch, hyper) where the support column continues through the spine of the track. Meanwhile, that seems to be the standard for Intimin's triangle track across several models (LSM launch, family launch, mega-lite).

Enjoy these hastily thrown together comparisons!

New Track:
NEWTRACK.png

Intamin:
INTAMIN.jpg

Mack:
MACK.jpg

Intamin was my first guess, mainly based on shipping report dates, and track color. But it’s hard for me to tell based on track style since they are so similar nowadays. Thanks for your post, it helps!