Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

Thanks for sharing this, Tommy. That gives great perspective. The've got a little more to work with than I was thinking.
I'll be doing some more updates and analysis but generally the footprint is significant than current existing Mack kiddy spinning coasters and keeps growing

I'll be doing some more updates and analysis but generally the footprint is significant than current existing Mack kiddy spinning coasters and keeps growing
This might be more of an @Alicia question but are the individual buildings permitted with plans summited for approval or is it a blanket permit for the site with approvals as they go?
eta, I know what time zone you are in

This might be more of an @Alicia question but are the individual buildings permitted with plans summited for approval or is it a blanket permit for the site with approvals as they go?
eta, I know what time zone you are in
There’s one permit with a site plan for the land, which gets certain reviews and approvals, but most specific details are in each individual permit for every individual building. If it has its own building number, it has its own permit. Even the portal into the land has its own permit. And most structures’ permits have sub permits for its electrical/utilities/plumbing/etc. So, there’s a lot of permits. And yes, pretty much every main permit for every structure has plans submitted.

There’s one permit with a site plan for the land, which gets certain reviews and approvals, but most specific details are in each individual permit for every individual building. If it has its own building number, it has its own permit. Even the portal into the land has its own permit. And most structures’ permits have sub permits for its electrical/utilities/plumbing/etc. So, there’s a lot of permits. And yes, pretty much every main permit for every structure has plans submitted.
Thanks, I thought it would be mountains for a project this size. Happy digging

Thanks, I thought it would be mountains for a project this size. Happy digging
Some of the best info I’ve found for the supposed Monsters coaster came from its electrical sub-permits, as there are two, one clearly for the queue/load structure called “facility” and one listed simply as “ride”.

Gas line sub permits are fun too, because most of the time they’re for “kitchen equipment,” but sometimes they’re for “special effects”.

Some of the best info I’ve found for the supposed Monsters coaster came from its electrical sub-permits, as there are two, one clearly for the queue/load structure called “facility” and one listed simply as “ride”.

Gas line sub permits are fun too, because most of the time they’re for “kitchen equipment,” but sometimes they’re for “special effects”.
Such as that big hole in the ground? I think they went all in on a complex fountain show and learned from USF it's nice if you can put it in on the ground floor

Interesting note-- the construction entrance on Destination Parkway has big new "NO TRESSPASSING" signs up. I find it interesting that after a couple of years of work on the site it's only now that they are posting the signs. I have to wonder if this is a precaution (and they should have been up a while ago) or if this is in response to trespassers on site? I was going to take a picture of the sign from the road but (ironically) there was a Universal Security truck in the way.

The signs have quite a bit of text on them which I couldn't read as I was driving past, but I have to wonder if part of it is about drones? After now seeing a couple of drones over the site, I'm guessing they're trying to crack down...

Walls arise for the supposed Monsters roller coaster:
View attachment 17368

The people in this photo give a great sense of the scale for this land. They also make me think that -- as much as there's been talk of the coaster taking over the 'plaza' -- I've never been convinced that the central area of this land was a 'plaza' as such anyway. Looked on the plans much more like a central void (with trees or whatever) and the path snaking around in a sort of loop (more like JP, giving the feeling of going deeper in to the land as you walk further). Looking at the hi-viz person to the left of the launch trench (assuming that's what it is), I'd say that area really can't have been intended as a 'plaza' in any significant sense.

The people in this photo give a great sense of the scale for this land. They also make me think that -- as much as there's been talk of the coaster taking over the 'plaza' -- I've never been convinced that the central area of this land was a 'plaza' as such anyway. Looked on the plans much more like a central void (with trees or whatever) and the path snaking around in a sort of loop (more like JP, giving the feeling of going deeper in to the land as you walk further). Looking at the hi-viz person to the left of the launch trench (assuming that's what it is), I'd say that area really can't have been intended as a 'plaza' in any significant sense.

It's never been referred to as a central plaza, I literally showed everyone what was planned so they could draw their own conclusions

It's never been referred to as a central plaza, I literally showed everyone what was planned so they could draw their own conclusions

Setting aside the possibility/probability of the coaster running through there (and thereby possibly changing the plan), are there any solid guesses what this area on the site plan is meant to represent?
UCM.png

Those are very odd-looking shapes. Some kind of an outdoor walkthrough?