Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 455 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if it's not available for any reason? Like the shows are over for the day, or there's a refurb or something.
I don’t understand the complaints. I don’t understand all the hypothetical parameters.

Some rides are outside. Some will still run in the rain, but not when there is lightning in the area. This park has a good mix of inside and outside attractions. I doubt y’all are going to be devastated that a sky fly or kiddie boat ride is closed due to rain. So why complain about it now?

Coasters are one thing, but this park has far more indoor attractions than Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, so it’s already more rounded than other coaster heavy parks around. And people like coasters, but that’s the nature of them, they’re usually outside.

But this land has an indoor theater. That’s an inside attraction. If it rains it’ll probably still be open. Every land has at least one thing that’ll still be able to be open if it’s storming.

I don’t understand the complaints. I don’t understand all the hypothetical parameters.

Some rides are outside. Some will still run in the rain, but not when there is lightning in the area. This park has a good mix of inside and outside attractions. I doubt y’all are going to be devastated that a sky fly or kiddie boat ride is closed due to rain. So why complain about it now?

Coasters are one thing, but this park has far more indoor attractions than Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, so it’s already more rounded than other coaster heavy parks around. And people like coasters, but that’s the nature of them, they’re usually outside.

But this land has an indoor theater. That’s an inside attraction. If it rains it’ll probably still be open. Every land has at least one thing that’ll still be able to be open if it’s storming.
I'm not complaining that most of the attractions in the land won't be open in the rain. I'm complaining that the only indoor attraction in the land is a theatre that won't be open all the time. Potter has an indoor ride AND a theatre. Monsters was planned to have the same. HTTYD should have gotten the flight simulator.

Reactions: NotPennysBoat
I'm not complaining that most of the attractions in the land won't be open in the rain. I'm complaining that the only indoor attraction in the land is a theatre that won't be open all the time. Potter has an indoor ride AND a theatre. Monsters was planned to have the same. HTTYD should have gotten the flight simulator.
HTTYD was never planned to have a simulator.

Does it suck that rides close in rain? Yes.

Does it rain a lot in Florida? Also yes.

Kinda just comes with the territory.

If it's storming, there's .. what? 4 rides in all of IOA that would be open?

Does it suck that rides close in rain? Yes.

Does it rain a lot in Florida? Also yes.

Kinda just comes with the territory.

If it's storming, there's .. what? 4 rides in all of IOA that would be open?

I mean, let's be honest. Rides at any park close in thunderstorms or if a thunderstorm is close. That isn't specific to Florida. Like you said, it comes with the territory. Being at Kings Island in a thunderstorm is not always fun because they have at least 16 rides (not counting the outside flat rides) that are now closed and there are only a few indoor attractions. A few summers ago, we had nonstop storms and KI was really impacted. I see Epic as having some really good dark rides that will remain open while the coasters are closed for weather. Maybe not as much as the Magic Kingdom but MK is about as complete a park as you can get.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Personally, I just shelter in place when it starts pouring. Even if there were dark rides in the park, most people find the closest gift shop or awning and hang out huddled to stay dry.

Now, when it’s raining all day, that’s a different story, but not sure if want to be at any theme park on that day anyway. Sloshy floors and soggy socks. Ick.

Hey @Alicia, do you have a concept name for the Monsters windmill place. If they could include the word "Millhouse", I would smile. Something like "The Millhouse Tavern".

6555848-tapped_out_unlock_milhouse.png

Status
Not open for further replies.