Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 469 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The menu items at the Stakehouse better not have cutesy, jokey names (if this was Disney, you know they would). Just be a normal menu.
I wouldn't expect something like "Uncle Spoopy's Boo-venir Stand" for the rest of the businesses, but something more on the hokey side of Steampunk naming conventions wouldn't be out of the question. Anything you can add an "imus" or "orius" to, haha

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I want this land to feel like the most depressing, 86 episode true crime podcast.

But for real, Universal doesn’t really get super cute with food. The extravagant naming seems to stay within the attraction realm. I couldn’t even tell you if the names of food at Monsters Cafe even referenced the monsters.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian G.
A dark and depressing land would actually be pretty unappealing. The target audience for this park is families. It's not HHN where it's mostly adults so you can get away with a lot more.

100%

Anyone expecting HHN-esque atmosphere is setting themselves up for disappointment. This will be Haunted Mansion/Tower of Terror like in atmosphere/scares.

Reactions: DodgsonHere
Okay, I think the pile-on can stop, now, folks.

To be clear: I'm not asking for a "dark and depressing" land. I also don't want a "goofy" land, either. I don't know why that's somehow an unfair desire around here, and I think the implication that I must hate fun, or something, is a wildly inaccurate reading of my position.

Okay, I think the pile-on can stop, now, folks.

To be clear: I'm not asking for a "dark and depressing" land. I also don't want a "goofy" land, either. I don't know why that's somehow an unfair desire around here, and I think the implication that I must hate fun, or something, is a wildly inaccurate reading of my position.
Alpha Centauri Expeditions vs Chester & Hester’s DinoRama. I get it.

It's not like Disney hasn't pulled the "horror" rug out from under us. Anyone remember Alien Encounter. One of the most fun experiences in the park. But deemed to scary.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Every single Universal land is cheesy in some way. Even Jurassic Park, which is a borderline horror movie at times. I'm not sure what you were expecting.

Now we're getting into semantics, because I wouldn't consider the JP land at IOA to be cheesy in the way I don't want to see from the Monsters.

Something in the general tonal space of River Adventure would be just fine with me.

Now we're getting into semantics, because I wouldn't consider the JP land at IOA to be cheesy in the way I don't want to see from the Monsters.

Something in the general tonal space of River Adventure would be just fine with me.
There's also Pizza Predatoria, carnival games, a rock climbing wall, and a roller coaster staring Mari-- I mean Chris Pratt.

There's also Pizza Predatoria, carnival games, a rock climbing wall, and a roller coaster staring Mari-- I mean Chris Pratt.

All of those feel like things you might encounter in a Jurassic Park that had actually opened and thrived as a theme park.

I'm just hoping for a little internal logic and nothing too self-referential, that's all. That doesn't mean things need to be deadly serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.