Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 471 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple interesting tidbits about the Ministry from @Alicia here...

1. Appears that the atrium will be using some classic forced perspective techniques instead of a more high-tech projection option to pull off a certain look.
2. Am I wrong to draw the conclusion that the Ministry atrium will essentially be "open" to guests pre and post the ride? It looks like the ride queue actually begins after you enter the atrium, and it also appears that when you exit the ride, you're dumped back out into the atrium. So unlike the Hogwarts or Gringotts spaces in the existing parks, which you only see when in the controlled queue, you might be able to just hang out for a while inside the Ministry atrium.

Or am I misreading something?

1. Appears that the atrium will be using some classic forced perspective techniques instead of a more high-tech projection option to pull off a certain look.
2. Am I wrong to draw the conclusion that the Ministry atrium will essentially be "open" to guests pre and post the ride? It looks like the ride queue actually begins after you enter the atrium, and it also appears that when you exit the ride, you're dumped back out into the atrium. So unlike the Hogwarts or Gringotts spaces in the existing parks, which you only see when in the controlled queue, you might be able to just hang out for a while inside the Ministry atrium.

It appears like that yes. Someone earlier brought up Knockturn Alley as an example. A land within a land.

Either the queue railings are not part of the permits, or something similar to Fallon's queue.

My interpretation is it will be more like the Gringott's Bank lobby-- open, but with queue setup in the middle, and a separate line to exit. Just details not shown on the plan at this time.

The Ministry atrium is exactly the Star Destroyer hangar on Rise of the Resistance, as it will be between two large sections of queue. I didn't include it in the video so as to not confuse people, but there is a (large) extended queue that routes guests from entry to outside before routing back to Floo entry fireplaces.

Seen on left side of this image... looks like a maze:

WizardingWorld07b.jpg

I imagine either railings, stanchions, or even Team Members will be in there to keep traffic separate, as people will be entering on left and exiting on right, through fireplace hallway and atrium. At least the atrium will have the fountain with statues in the center as a way to separate traffic. Not sure how the hallway will work.

The Ministry atrium is exactly the Star Destroyer hangar on Rise of the Resistance, as it will be between two large sections of queue. I didn't include it in the video so as to not confuse people, but there is a (large) extended queue that routes guests from entry to outside before routing back to Floo entry fireplaces.

View attachment 18657

I imagine either railings, stanchions, or even Team Members will be in there to keep traffic separate, as people will be entering on left and exiting on right, through fireplace hallway and atrium. At least the atrium will have the fountain with statues in the center as a way to separate traffic. Not sure how the hallway will work.
In your video, once you enter the orange part of the queue that is highlighted in orange, how does the queue proceed from section to section? It seems like there are a lot of blocks of areas within that interior queue, some of which are connected and others which are not.

View attachment 18657

I see that queue and think it’s overflow for guests walking through the Floo fireplaces, not that the Ministry ride line starts in Paris.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
I see that queue and think it’s overflow for guests walking through the Floo fireplaces, not that the Ministry ride line starts in Paris.
That is what I am saying. You enter from Paris, and are immediately diverted to outside covered queue, and then back in right before fireplace Floo network. It is like the Greenhouse section of queue at Forbidden Journey.

You can see the door to outside queue and door back in in this image

MinistryEntryQueueLABELS.jpg

That is what I am saying. You enter from Paris, and are immediately diverted to outside covered queue, and then back in right before fireplace Floo network. It is like the Greenhouse section of queue at Forbidden Journey.

You can see the door to outside queue and door back in in this image

MinistryEntryQueueLABELS.jpg

Ok, how you worded it made it sound like the ride queue starts in Paris and that the atrium would be a mid point for the ride, like Rise.

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
And then once you exit the atrium, does the queue proceed like this?
View attachment 18664
Maybe something like that, but the track on the left may be straight up as Express to bypass the rest, and there may be switchbacks in a few of the cubes.

Whole thing looks like a Super Mario Bros level map so I just gave up trying to make sense of the queue up there. And the permits just list it all as "queue" so not really helpful. At least the exit path was clearly marked exit path.

So… is the ride sign going to be in Palace Cache?

I know I’ll love this land and ride but man does this all seem convoluted honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.