Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 472 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think of it this way, the land is Paris. The main ride is Britain.

it doesn’t have to make sense, cause “”Magic””
Yes yes yes…

My question is, which I think is an interesting one theming perspective… is the ride entrance, including name of the ride, wait times, as well as warnings, in Paris, or inside the atrium?

I don’t expect you to know but I find this small aspect fascinating.

Yes yes yes…

My question is, which I think is an interesting one theming perspective… is the ride entrance, including name of the ride, wait times, as well as warnings, in Paris, or inside the atrium?

I don’t expect you to know but I find this small aspect fascinating.
Even when Universal has an entrance to a ride that isn't the main entrance, like Mt Beanpole leading to Mario Kart in Hollywood, they have not been afraid to have a sign for said ride at that entrance.

This isn't Disney, which for some reason refuses to put signs in front of Pandora and Star Wars rides, so I bet we get a ride entry sign outside of the entrance, theme integrity be damned.

I would guess once you are inside the Ministry the only ride signage we'll see is the Express lane and standby split at that left turn off of atrium.

Even when Universal has an entrance to a ride that isn't the main entrance, like Mt Beanpole leading to Mario Kart in Hollywood, they have not been afraid to have a sign for said ride at that entrance.

This isn't Disney, which for some reason refuses to put signs in front of Pandora and Star Wars rides, so I bet we get a ride entry sign outside of the entrance, theme integrity be damned.

I would guess once you are inside the Ministry the only ride signage we'll see is the Express lane and standby split at that left turn off of atrium.
Interesting! I don’t mind the decision but I find this aspect fascinating. Atrium is part of the queue it seems rather than it’s own space. Makes sense overall, but I’d love to just sit and chill in there lol

Reactions: Ahmanet
Interesting! I don’t mind the decision but I find this aspect fascinating. Atrium is part of the queue it seems rather than it’s own space. Makes sense overall, but I’d love to just sit and chill in there lol
Gotta imagine they'll let you chill in there about as long as the First Order officers let you chill in the hangar bay on Rise... unfortunately.

That is what I am saying. You enter from Paris, and are immediately diverted to outside covered queue, and then back in right before fireplace Floo network. It is like the Greenhouse section of queue at Forbidden Journey.

You can see the door to outside queue and door back in in this image

MinistryEntryQueueLABELS.jpg
That looks WACKY. Dialed my excitement for this attraction up to 11.

• Love
Reactions: Ahmanet and Alicia
Think of it this way, the land is Paris. The main ride is Britain.

it doesn’t have to make sense, cause “”Magic””

I could see it being like Japan's ToT, with newspapers about Umbridge's trial? It's custom in the Wizarding World to take the floo network to go to the ministry in the way that people IRL would take the subway to get to work, and the conceit seems to be we're doing just that to see the trial. It does make sense to me...

...except that they're setting the Paris section in the 1920s. Seriously, zero harm in just setting it in modern day!

(But why are we acting like the Wizarding World areas were some great beacon of continuity in the first place?)

Last edited:
Talked to a friend and they believe the atrium will be explorable and not a part of the queue. So we’ll see.

Smart move. While some fans will notice the connection to Harry Potter in the outdoor portion of the land, the majority won't be able to tell unless they look closely. The Ministry will essentially act as the land's icon like Hogwarts/Gringotts, albeit a bit harder to find.

Anyone see the Mario movie?

The "Jungle Kingdom" in the movie definitely shares a lot of elements with the Donkey Kong area/ride concept art, mainly the giant waterfall with the ape head temple statue. Wouldn't be surprised if the land and movie were in development at the same time.

I also want them to play Take on Me on the ride now lol

Talked to a friend and they believe the atrium will be explorable and not a part of the queue. So we’ll see.

Looking at the two images posted, that would mean the exterior queue would be just to get to the floo experience and into the "land" for lack of a better term. Might be a mini show type deal where they pulse your group through. Once inside you can take time before getting into the ride queue. Probably the better way to handle it.

I wonder if they'll have any shops or food/bev in the atrium. Theres some potential areas there, but that layout isn't high enough resolution to tell what's going on.

Reactions: alias8703
Anyone see the Mario movie?

The "Jungle Kingdom" in the movie definitely shares a lot of elements with the Donkey Kong area/ride concept art, mainly the giant waterfall with the ape head temple statue. Wouldn't be surprised if the land and movie were in development at the same time.

I also want them to play Take on Me on the ride now lol

they better add this character as a meet and greet and have them sing this song

Last edited:
Donkey Kong Land looked great in the movie. Very looking forward to different Kong characters making appearances at Epic too.

So smart of Universal / Nintendo to preview Epic ... even the Yoshi dinosaurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.