Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I think the pile-on can stop, now, folks.

To be clear: I'm not asking for a "dark and depressing" land. I also don't want a "goofy" land, either. I don't know why that's somehow an unfair desire around here, and I think the implication that I must hate fun, or something, is a wildly inaccurate reading of my position.

Maybe slow the roll on determining you won’t like something before any official information or art. Or even opening.

Would I be crazy to call the Paris section of this park Wizarding World Batuu? A killer E-Ticket based on a beloved property stuck in a land that no-one has any preexisting emotional connection to. Unlike Hogsmede, Diagon Alley, Pandora, or Radiator Springs, no fan of Star Wars has ever dreamed of actually being at Batuu (because it was created for the land) and I would argue that no Potter fan has ever dreamed of visiting Wizarding Paris (because the only time we have seen it is in a Fantastic Beasts movie that almost no one saw and basically no one who did liked) I am really curious how that will affect visitor behavior in the land compared to the other Potter sections. Will people be less interested in exploring every knook and cranny, shopping and dining, less willing to wait to take the perfect photo?

Would I be crazy to call the Paris section of this park Wizarding World Batuu? A killer E-Ticket based on a beloved property stuck in a land that no-one has any preexisting emotional connection to. Unlike Hogsmede, Diagon Alley, Pandora, or Radiator Springs, no fan of Star Wars has ever dreamed of actually being at Batuu (because it was created for the land) and I would argue that no Potter fan has ever dreamed of visiting Wizarding Paris (because the only time we have seen it is in a Fantastic Beasts movie that almost no one saw and basically no one who did liked) I am really curious how that will affect visitor behavior in the land compared to the other Potter sections. Will people be less interested in exploring every knook and cranny, shopping and dining, less willing to wait to take the perfect photo?

It will definitely be less interesting/relevant than Hogsmeade/Diagon... but this land will probably have interactive windows that would at least make it obvious you are in the Harry Potter universe and not some random non-descript outpost in the middle of nowhere.

It may actually be a bit of the inverse since the benefit of having the existing/well known lands exist. In short, the opportunity to explore something a little more unknown and exotic is it's own draw - with the delight of it also having familiar roots. Consider how many Potter-heads seem to claw for details about international wizarding schools and how the compare to Hogwarts, etc. And the look/architecture (and hopefully better cuisine!) has its own intrinsic benefits!

Or maybe not.

Maybe slow the roll on determining you won’t like something before any official information or art. Or even opening.

I have not determined anything yet! I shouldn't have to caveat every post expressing a reservation with "Disclaimer: This doesn't mean the land won't be good or that I won't like it." I'd hope most people would take it as a given that I'm always open to being wrong or having overreacted.

But I'm also one of the biggest fans of the Classic Monsters films around here, and it's a collection of properties I've wanted to see Universal utilize better in the parks for almost the entire 30 years I've been visiting Universal in Orlando. And I want to see them get it right (acknowledging that "right" means different things to different people).

I’ve been knocking around this same question. I don’t know the exact proportions of exterior/interior parts of the land. But to me, the France part is a neutral and the real heart of the land is inside with the ministry. Honestly, I would have loved if they just went all in and made a massive indoor land. Practicality of that, cost, and gsats were probably prohibitive.

I wonder how much of the Ministry interior from the movies we will get to see? Department of Mysteries? Hall of Prophecy? Death Chamber?

Maybe, but don’t forget a huge part of this land will be the UK Ministry of Magic.

I mean, it's a recreation of Paris. Feels more like world showcase vs Batuu in execution especially if it act as if it is Paris with hidden potter elements.

Maybe, but don’t forget a huge part of this land will be the UK Ministry of Magic.
And I am very excited to see it (as cautious as I am for how much of a stretch it will be for a Paris land's main and potentially only ride to be set in England) but is the UK Ministry part of the land or part of the ride? The most Star Wars-y part of Galaxy's Edge is the Star Destroyer parts of Rise but if you aren't or can't ride it you can't see it. Contrast that will a guests ability to see/take photos of Hogwarts, Gringotts, The Floating Mountains of Pandora, without entering the queue of a single ride.

And I am very excited to see it (as cautious as I am for how much of a stretch it will be for a Paris land's main and potentially only ride to be set in England) but is the UK Ministry part of the land or part of the ride? The most Star Wars-y part of Galaxy's Edge is the Star Destroyer parts of Rise but if you aren't or can't ride it you can't see it. Contrast that will a guests ability to see/take photos of Hogwarts, Gringotts, The Floating Mountains of Pandora, without entering the queue of a single ride.

It’s an interior land, think a much larger Knockturn. Paris acts as London in this Diagon Alley metaphor.

Status
Not open for further replies.