Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's fair. The implementation of the elevators is an extra engineering wrinkle that Spidey doesn't have. And it's executed well.

Doesn't translate, to me, into a more enjoyable ride, though!
I remember the first time I did Transformers I was like “Wait… do I enjoy that more than Spidey?”

It was my first ride of Vaca, then rode Spidey 2 days later. Spidey is far superior.

That being said Tranformers is still great. The wait is just absurd. I fully expect the Potter ride to be a banger.

I remember the first time I did Transformers I was like “Wait… do I enjoy that more than Spidey?”

It was my first ride of Vaca, then rode Spidey 2 days later. Spidey is far superior.

That being said Tranformers is still great. The wait is just absurd. I fully expect the Potter ride to be a banger.
Transformers is the best adaption of a movie... it's exactly like the movies... lots of cgi, carnage and a completely idiotic plot :D

Transformers is the best adaption of a movie... it's exactly like the movies... lots of cgi, carnage and a completely idiotic plot :D

Forbidden Journey, unfortunately, feels the same way. It's why I've decided Hagrid's is my favorite Potter ride currently, and part of why I'm psyched for Ministry.

Last edited:
Forbidden Journey, unfortunately, feels the same way. It's why I've decided Hagrid's is my favorite Potter ride currently, and part of why I'm psyched for Ministry.
At least there is some resemblance to a story in Potter - we're being hijaked to a Quidditch game and something goes wrong but Harry saves us (although he apparently did go back to finish the game). Transformers is... protect the Allspark until we destroy it?

I think at some point in the fairly near future FJ needs a fresh coat of paint. Make the screens look better, cover up some of the catwalks, etc
Granted I went through the single rider line in FJ but my GOD was that line dark. Part of it could have been adjusting from the brightness of outside. But the line was still dark by the time I got to right before the stair to the load platforms. I thought I was going the wrong way at one point because there was no way a queue line would be this hard to follow.

I think at some point in the fairly near future FJ needs a fresh coat of paint. Make the screens look better, cover up some of the catwalks, etc

The screen quality is what bothers me the most about the attraction. FJ does a great job of blending screens and physical sets, but those screens are in dire need of help. Hopefully we get a FoP-quality projection system. Heck, even Fallon has better visuals.

The screen quality is what bothers me the most about the attraction. FJ does a great job of blending screens and physical sets, but those screens are in dire need of help. Hopefully we get a FoP-quality projection system. Heck, even Fallon has better visuals.
Agreed on FJ...I literally can't ride it anymore and yet I can still ride coasters multiple times in a row

With the Kuka system, unlike others, their potential to make you sick is amplified, add in some motion simulator sickness and it's even worse

Agreed on FJ...I literally can't ride it anymore and yet I can still ride coasters multiple times in a row

With the Kuka system, unlike others, their potential to make you sick is amplified, add in some motion simulator sickness and it's even worse
Hopefully Monsters' lack of screen carousel segments fixes this for a lot of people, I wouldn't mind if the movement in general was toned down considerably compared to FJ either. Ideally, the attraction plays out like a more thrilling Haunted Mansion, but still not necessarily a motion simulator.

For sure. If they got screen quality like FoP or Bourne, it would be a gamechanger.

Same here. When I first went on FJ years ago I had a blast on it. But then I went on it last year and I felt sick coming off the ride and it really messed up the rest of my day cause I had to take it easy. Not just the screens but also the intensity of the kuka arm movements really got to me like when the bench throws you on your back.

I'm thinking no more FJ for me when I go to the parks which bums me out. Meanwhile I can tolerate rides like Cosmic Rewind fine enough.

I hope the people who love FJ love the e-ticket monsters ride, but for me I think it's an automatic pass due to being another kuka arm.

I enjoyed Splash, but I also feel almost nothing in terms of it going away compared to most old rides that close. Why is that? The ride literally is not going anywhere and I know that.

I liked Splash, but I’m looking forward to what the future brings with Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.

The whole coaster area just worries me. Maybe I will feel better about it when I see the finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies.