Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

I'm starting to think that BGT will get a more intense B&M launch coaster

Basically the sit-down version of the articulated seats on the surf coaster

But it will be B&M's take on something like a Maverick or Veloci

And Grey

I'm starting to think that BGT will get a more intense B&M launch coaster

Basically the sit-down version of the articulated seats on the surf coaster

But it will be B&M's take on something like a Maverick or Veloci

And Grey
God I hope not. The park needs more family friendly coasters first. Give them a Darkoaster clone and a Gerstlauer Bobsled instead.

God I hope not. The park needs more family friendly coasters first. Give them a Darkoaster clone and a Gerstlauer Bobsled instead.
I know they were looking at the Jungala plot for a Gravity Group woodie...but that was pre-2020

I wouldn't count a family coaster out though

If you took out the playground and used some backstage space you could fit a really good family coaster back there

I keep hearing the Screamin Swing is the first part of a larger expansion plan...and keep hearing rhinos lol

Really does need some slower, dark rides to balance out being thrown around all day. Really good park, but that balance is needed desperately.
I get this argument, I really do, and they *used* to have some of these options back in the 80s/90s...but tbh they really lean on the animal exhibits to be their "slow" experiences

Along with the train and skyride (whenever they decide to re-open it)

I'm not saying their way of thinking is correct, but they've made it obvious where they intend on focusing their energy

I would be floored if we ever saw SWP do a dark ride again

I think it is also because coasters are easier to maintain. Dark rides and everything that is heavy on show elements are more prone to technical issues, and unlike Universal, I don't think SWP wants to pay to have a whole army of techs constantly at hand. The amount of techs we have at Universal is insane, where most rides have their own tech break room. One thing I learned now that I over at Kong, a lot of times there are small issues, one thing happening quite often at Kong is the doors of the RV not closing properly and then we need a tech to come help.

I think it is also because coasters are easier to maintain. Dark rides and everything that is heavy on show elements are more prone to technical issues, and unlike Universal, I don't think SWP wants to pay to have a whole army of techs constantly at hand. The amount of techs we have at Universal is insane, where most rides have their own tech break room. One thing I learned now that I over at Kong, a lot of times there are small issues, one thing happening quite often at Kong is the doors of the RV not closing properly and then we need a tech to come help.
Frankly it cost money to maintain that type of stuff. We see the struggles Disney and Uni have at keeping their rides working properly.

Last edited:
Precisely, see Journey To Atlantis

Coasters are getting more and more efficient, Dark Rides are getting more and more complex

Although the flying theater at Legoland would be fun for BGT or SWO...but...you know

Let's see here, a list of everything rumored so far:
  • Family Wooden Coaster in Jungala Area
  • Pantheon-type launch coaster near Serengetti Flyer
  • Zamperla ride replacing The Phoenix
  • ATV Launched Ride not unlike Wave Breaker
Also worth noting, we have not seen any permits filed with the Southwest Florida Water Management District or the City of Tampa for 2024 at this point, other than Project Paradise at Adventure Island and the Sultan's Sweet Remodel (Coaster Coffee Co.)

If it does stay they should put a sign/photo op promoting Howl-O-Scream, and if Santa's House stays up again the same thing but promoting Christmas Town. Use them as opportunities to promote!