Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 418 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I've never seen Intamin track like this and quite frankly Universal would be stupid to go with Intamin in any way, shape or form, their record from the last decade is marred with delayed openings, redesigns, and unreliability. Didn't they learn their lesson from RRR?

If by RRR, you mean Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rock it- that was made by Mauer Sohne not Intamin.

Just because you don't like Intamin does not make Universal stupid for going with them. Intamin is a great choice for the fact they do not just construct coaster track like some manufacturers rather they construct all sorts of theme park rides from drop towers, log flumes, even Ferris wheels. This type of company of a perfect fit for a coaster that is combining multiple types of ride systems in one. Although Intamin has had their share of issues with rides, they also have success stories. In my opinion, they dominate the steel coaster top 10 list.

Intamin's new style of track does look very "premierish" to me.

If by RRR, you mean Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rock it- that was made by Mauer Sohne not Intamin.

No I'm aware of that but considering the growing pains that ride had, my line of thinking was why, considering that situation, Universal would go with a manufacturer that hasn't exactly had a stellar (no pun intended) track record for the last 10-15 years.

Personally i believe Fortescues will for sure be a shop in the expansion. I don't think they would miss out on that opportunity to have an ice cream shop related to Harry Potter . Anyways i got a question i noticed on the Diagon Alley/London map. There is future space behind that area..do u think they will use it for actual future plans? if so..what do you guys think it will be?? and same goes for the Fear Factor. Do we think that will be Harry Potter related?! just trying to start more conversation topics here..

Last edited:
Making WWOHP a seperate admission would seem likely, but what could warrant Phase III?

I think the phase III would just be the idea of making WWoHP into a separate theme park entirely, which isn't that far fetched considering half the people that go to it think it's a completely separate park and that's how it was marketed extensively since pre-opening. I'll pose the same question here that I did on WDWMagic though: how would such a move affect APs?

Gosh, I hope that they never market The Wizarding World as a separate park... I also hope there is no "Phase III", unless it just involves hiding the Forbidden Journey show building. I feel like a 3rd Harry Potter land would be overkill, and the parks would just be dominated by Potter.

Maybe it's just me... :inquisitive:

how would they make it a third park? how could you seperate the entrance so you are not going through ioa or uso?

From Theme Park Insider:

potter-usf-car-front.jpg

potter-usf-car-rear.jpg

4 x 3 x 2 hmmm. Sounds right.

4 x 3 x 2 hmmm. Sounds right.
Yeah, but possibly early concept as opposed to final

And I believe what Spirit was getting at was a 2 park pass that doesn't include Potter and a 2 Park + Potter pass. Essentially making The Wizarding World of Harry Potter an upcharge add on. And I don't doubt that that was discussed, but I believe that a precedent was set when it wasn't an upcharge in IOA. The only way I can see that happening is if they changed to entire ticket structure to a more a la carte (Magic Your Way) kind of thing.

Last edited:
Yeah, but possibly early concept as opposed to final

And I believe what Spirit was getting at was a 2 park pass that doesn't include Potter and a 2 Park + Potter pass. Essentially making The Wizarding World of Harry Potter an upcharge add on. And I don't doubt that that was discussed, but I believe that a precedent was set when it wasn't an upcharge in IOA. The only way I can see that happening is if they changed to entire ticket structure to a more a la carte (Magic Your Way) kind of thing.

I feel like that would be a hassel to police in park.

Have any of those in the know heard even a whisper of this so-called Phase 3? Spirit mentioned it so off-the-cuff.

Suddenly it has me thinking - could this be destined for KidZone?

Have any of those in the know heard even a whisper of this so-called Phase 3? Spirit mentioned it so off-the-cuff.

Suddenly it has me thinking - could this be destined for KidZone?

I don't think it would make sense simply because there would be no way to connect it to the rest of the Wizarding World. But in theory, this would be cool because they could make the Gringotts ride more thrilling and leave the less thrilling HP rides in KidZone

Status
Not open for further replies.