Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 464 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Yes, and as I recall, that continued for a few months... You could not go to the WW without having to wait for a considerable period of time (4-6 hours as I recall), they gave out slips of paper with return times etc.

They did this past new years eve! They still were holding people back because it was so crowded.

the walls attached to gringotts... is that a new shop, or gift shop, or just more gringotts building design/facade?

The Gringotts facade is massive, it will be Hogwarts of Phase 2 so to speak. The actual facade stretches out nearly the entire length of the building. See the picture I've posted below. The facade essentially stops where the siding starts. And yes there will be a gift shop off to the far right, this is also your exit area from the ride. More on that, much much later in the project.

IMG_9853.jpg

The Gringotts facade is massive, it will be Hogwarts of Phase 2 so to speak. The actual facade stretches out nearly the entire length of the building. See the picture I've posted below. The facade essentially stops where the siding starts. And yes there will be a gift shop off to the far right, this is also your exit area from the ride. More on that, much much later in the project.

IMG_9853.jpg

I hope they have the gift shop and the lockers separated from each other. That is a mess at Forbidden Journey with everyone trying to put stuff into lockers and people coming off the ride trying to get to lockers, and everyone in general just stopping to look at gift shop/photos in the cramped gift shop. I absolutely hate it.

I hope they have the gift shop and the lockers separated from each other. That is a mess at Forbidden Journey with everyone trying to put stuff into lockers and people coming off the ride trying to get to lockers, and everyone in general just stopping to look at gift shop/photos in the cramped gift shop. I absolutely hate it.

The entrance area is much more spread out, lesson learned :thumbs:

That is them! They are further along then the last I saw them. Answers my gnawing question why the parallel structures were staggered in height. It is a somewhat cantilevered track apparently. Interesting.

I believe it is cantilevered to allow as open access as possible on surface roads, paths and walkways.

That is them! They are further along then the last I saw them. Answers my gnawing question why the parallel structures were staggered in height. It is a somewhat cantilevered track apparently. Interesting.

I dont think they would cantilever the actual train. This might be for an evac platform that may have to extend the entire length of the track in case of a breakdown. Or could also be something else. Who knows ;)

^ Yes, and as I recall, that continued for a few months... You could not go to the WW without having to wait for a considerable period of time (4-6 hours as I recall), they gave out slips of paper with return times etc.

We booked our trip about 8 mths in advance of the opening date and inadvertantly ended up going two days after WW had opened (we thought it would open earlier in "Spring"). It was pretty messy the way things were handled. An unmarked queue to WW started in Marvel that was off round the waterside path of the buildings. Thankfully we found it by accident. By the time the queue reached JP there were handing out paper "tickets" into WW which we had to continue to queue with. There were some families that attempted to push in the queue, but people behind them called them out to staff who had them removed for not holding paper tickets.
All in all, the queue took over two hours to reach the entrance to WW. Once in, we queued for FJ for two hours and tried our best to look around the packed shops. By that time it was lunch but as there was only one place to eat in WW and the queue for that was massive, we decided to eat outside WW..until we were told by staff that once we left WW we would have to re-join the original two hour queue to get back in, even if we just wanted to get some food, so we had to join the crazy queue for Broomsticks. It was another two hours for Ollivanders and that queue was absolutely boiling. After that we left. Whilst it was great to have experienced it so soon after opening, it just wasn't as enjoyable as it should have been given we spent four hours queueing to ride our first ride, and over an hour queueing to get into the restaurant :yikes:

We booked our trip about 8 mths in advance of the opening date and inadvertantly ended up going two days after WW had opened (we thought it would open earlier in "Spring"). It was pretty messy the way things were handled. An unmarked queue to WW started in Marvel that was off round the waterside path of the buildings. Thankfully we found it by accident. By the time the queue reached JP there were handing out paper "tickets" into WW which we had to continue to queue with. There were some families that attempted to push in the queue, but people behind them called them out to staff who had them removed for not holding paper tickets.
All in all, the queue took over two hours to reach the entrance to WW. Once in, we queued for FJ for two hours and tried our best to look around the packed shops. By that time it was lunch but as there was only one place to eat in WW and the queue for that was massive, we decided to eat outside WW..until we were told by staff that once we left WW we would have to re-join the original two hour queue to get back in, even if we just wanted to get some food, so we had to join the crazy queue for Broomsticks. It was another two hours for Ollivanders and that queue was absolutely boiling. After that we left. Whilst it was great to have experienced it so soon after opening, it just wasn't as enjoyable as it should have been given we spent four hours queueing to ride our first ride, and over an hour queueing to get into the restaurant :yikes:

I had a very similar experience on opening day of the New Fantasyland. We waited 5 mins for Little Mermaid! :ears:

They had it under control.

And why do you go during something like that? For the story. Same reason you go to a midnight movie or camp out for a new video game system. If you're a fan, you show it by being one of the first people there.

Sorry, it's just not worth it to me. I feel so bad for that little girl in that picture. I can't imagine forcing your 4 year old to stand in line in the hot sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.