Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 465 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually very much looking forward to attending the grand opening for Phase II. Yeah, I'll probably get there obscenely early to try and avoid the worst of the lines, but I'll spend the entire day in WWoHP and if the lines are horrible by the time I get there I'm not going to turn back.

I guess I understand the "not worth it" mentality for the casual Potter fan. I mean, I love the Marvel Cinematic Universe franchise but it's not one of those things I would wait days for.

But there are no conceivable limits for me when it comes to Potter. As far as the why, attending premieres and grand openings is about the sentiment and the meaning, as well as the story. Like, yeah, I get a good story out of the times I waited six hours for the midnight premieres of DH Pt. 1 and 2, or that time I spent over 13 hours straight in WWoHP on the fifth anniversary of DH. But it's also about the intrinsic value-- it's about being there in that exact moment, of knowing that something that means so much to you and something you've waited so long for intersects with where you are the very second it opens or premieres. It's about the intensity of the last bit of anticipation, and finally being able to experience the real thing. It's about being among the first to experience it because you wouldn't have it any other way.

So when 2015 rolls around and I wait as long as it takes to experience an extension of something that's been a part of my life for over a decade, the expansion on something I've been obsessed with since just before the WWoHP announcement, something I have so many memories of seeing develop on places like OU? When the gates finally open and I get to see it all, probably with some close friends who love HP as much as I do and hopefully alongside more than a handful of theme park nerds? Yeah, that's going to be magic.

And it's going to be so worth it.

Update from Attractions Magazine.....

iuYgTjPqdgXww.png

ibxl9CFsU1fcFp.png

iC3d3Q5mRZReY.png

i2kUExHCpdOo4.png

There is a lot of crappy romance from fanboys because they are building HP 2.0

Really all that construction in any park is exciting. Most parks are on an every third year at best plan for capital projects. In this market we have several major projects going up at once. It's not crappy romance, it's exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.