Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 466 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Here is a better shot . . .

WWoHP-051.jpg

And Reel, you are correct that the upper right corner of the form will not be poured. Instead, the mix will be vibrated to make sure it gets into the corners and will have the same angle as the formwork when set. Also notice the window form at the top.

2 former rides have giant posters up for them but then there's a poster of JPRA. Is this a sign of of JP closing? Prob not since there's supposed to be an expansion. I just thought it was interesting. I bet some people who walk by think BTTF and Jaws is what's being built.

Interesting point to bring up

^ Here is a better shot . . .
And Reel, you are correct that the upper right corner of the form will not be poured. Instead, the mix will be vibrated to make sure it gets into the corners and will have the same angle as the formwork when set. Also notice the window form at the top.

Aaaah.. hadn't noticed that, thanks Bob, sorry for the misunderstanding Reel.

Yet another gabled roof. This is where Violarum went a wee bit off in his incredible drawing. Mansard roofs are incredibly rare in London's old cityscape while gabled roofs are rare in the classic Paris' cityscape. The late 19th century saw both of these cities in a serious "industrial period" design war. The "Mansard" is so French. Sadly, I could go on and yet, happy for you, I shall not. :smiley:

I was looking in the earlier section of the thread for early construction photos and I realized I was looking through posts in December 2011. :doh: But seriously though, it's amazing how far they have gotten and now it's hard to believe this used to be Amity.

IMG_0766_zps66936de6.jpg

two qs: the pointed-top building on the left side background, that isn't the same as this building, is it (sorry camera angles are throwing me off)?

if they are two separate buildings... which ones are they? i assume the one in the middle there is ollivanders? but i can't tell due to camera angles (not your fault, just all the steel overlapping from this pov)

When will they just officially announce this project? I hate watching construction update videos where people are like "I bet they're building office building there." :bang::bang:

- - - Updated - - -

Did her ever get any details on how the whole Olivanders thing will work in Diagonal Alley, and if the one in IOA will remain untouched?

Also, did we ever get any info of what shops they are building and which ones we ca actually go in?

Finally, have we gotten any info about the entrance/leaky cauldron????

Sorry, I'm new. A link to a previous post(s) would be awesome if necessary.

When will they just officially announce this project? I hate watching construction update videos where people are like "I bet they're building office building there." :bang::bang:

- - - Updated - - -

Did her ever get any details on how the whole Olivanders thing will work in Diagonal Alley, and if the one in IOA will remain untouched?

Also, did we ever get any info of what shops they are building and which ones we ca actually go in?

Finally, have we gotten any info about the entrance/leaky cauldron????

Sorry, I'm new. A link to a previous post(s) would be awesome if necessary.

Announcment will come after Transformers opens, late Summer. Ollivanders in Diagon will feature three showrooms and vastly increased capacity. To my knowledge the one in IOA remains untouched. The only shops I'm allowed to say are Ollivanders, Borgin and Bourkes, Gringotts shop and an indoor butterbeer location. The entrance will be elaborate and the Leaky Cauldron will play a part.

Announcment will come after Transformers opens, late Summer. Ollivanders in Diagon will feature three showrooms and vastly increased capacity. To my knowledge the one in IOA remains untouched. The only shops I'm allowed to say are Ollivanders, Borgin and Bourkes, Gringotts shop and an indoor butterbeer location. The entrance will be elaborate and the Leaky Cauldron will play a part.
Could you give us a hint for an opening date? *crosses fingers for summer 2014, or at least 2014*

two qs: the pointed-top building on the left side background, that isn't the same as this building, is it (sorry camera angles are throwing me off)?

if they are two separate buildings... which ones are they? i assume the one in the middle there is ollivanders? but i can't tell due to camera angles (not your fault, just all the steel overlapping from this pov)
Looks like it could be Kings Cross, but I'll defer to the gentleman who took the picture.

first, indoor butter beer is brilliant
second, surely weaslys will be apart of this phase at least i hope so

Status
Not open for further replies.