Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 468 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
On site construction - Flying Unicorn closed in September of 2007. And they had already started moving dirt for Forbidden Journey at that point.

How long did it take for Phase 1 to be built?

I have a picture from December 2008 of the FJ showbuilding complete and enclosed. The outside theming work hadn't really begun at that time. It was finished and opened about a year and a half later. If we are around the same point now with Phase 2, the best we could hope for based on phase 1 precedent is late 2014.

Universal is moving so fast with this HP 2.0 construction. I believe if they continue a certain pace we are gonna see a summer 2014 opening. Also i remember HTF saying that Universal wanted to delay the JP expansion plans(like they have) to speed up the HP 2.0 process(which i believe is also happening by the looks of things). The only thing that worries me is that i know the Gringotts attraction needs a lot of time to test and make rite..but even with that being said i still think a summer or late summer 2014 opening for Phase 2 is still a very realistic possibility.

YES but they could open it even earlier if they do it in stages- The london area ,than diagon alley and last the Gringotts ride could be open. They could spread it out over a year .

LOL

I have a picture from December 2008 of the FJ showbuilding complete and enclosed. The outside theming work hadn't really begun at that time. It was finished and opened about a year and a half later. If we are around the same point now with Phase 2, the best we could hope for based on phase 1 precedent is late 2014.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they working at a much faster rate on phase 2 than they ever did on phase 1 ??
If so wouldn't that make the correlation between the two construction timelines inaccurate ?

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they working at a much faster rate on phase 2 than they ever did on phase 1 ??
If so wouldn't that make the correlation between the two construction timelines inaccurate ?

Not really. Phase 1 just sat there for over a year, bare ground after the destruction. All that was half built was the entry arch and even then, it just sat there as a bare steel frame for months. Once Hogsmeade steel work began, it began like this... FAST, almost overnight.

I'm personally hoping for a Holidays 2014 opening.

YES but they could open it even earlier if they do it in stages- The london area ,than diagon alley and last the Gringotts ride could be open. They could spread it out over a year .

LOL

I know there's an "LOL" at the end of that statement, but it's possible. Though, I hope the opening won't be that staggered... I'd love it if they could finish the London facades and the whole waterfront area first, and have that unveiled ASAP, then finish Diagon Alley, and grand open that whole area and the HE all together, not in more phases.

Pretty sure the London Waterfront will open as soon as they finish the facades along the wall. Would be ideal if this could happen by HHN, but I doubt it. That would mesh with HTF's proposed announcement late summer. Opening up this area and adding seating would be great for congestion during HHN since Bill and Ted is so popular.

Once they announce this thing, there's no reason to hold back on the waterfront.

Pretty sure the London Waterfront will open as soon as they finish the facades along the wall. Would be ideal if this could happen by HHN, but I doubt it. That would mesh with HTF's proposed announcement late summer. Opening up this area and adding seating would be great for congestion during HHN since Bill and Ted is so popular.

Once they announce this thing, there's no reason to hold back on the waterfront.

So you think that is why they are hammering out those front buildings??? So they could have something up so they could take down the temp walls?

So you think that is why they are hammering out those front buildings??? So they could have something up so they could take down the temp walls?

It's "2 birds, one stone" type thing. They effectively block the view of Diagon Alley construction and open up an aesthetically pleasing park area.

And it's a good advertisement when they do announce it.

I'm personally hoping for a Holidays 2014 opening.

I know there's an "LOL" at the end of that statement, but it's possible. Though, I hope the opening won't be that staggered... I'd love it if they could finish the London facades and the whole waterfront area first, and have that unveiled ASAP, then finish Diagon Alley, and grand open that whole area and the HE all together, not in more phases.

I'm hoping / wishing for a June / July 2014 opening just after the CBBH opens in March giving UNI 3 months to work out the kinks.
Announce the Grand Opening of Phase2 , early entry for onsite guests only , than bam full capacity in all 4 hotels and let the fun begin now that would be a perk but I doubt it will happen like that

nah that is Disneys style

blue180 got the disney mock

I agree, like Simpsons, they will try to get rid of the walls as quickly as possible. But nothing will really be "open" I don't know that you can call that phases. The only thing thay may be phased is soft openings. Because some stuff (just like with phase 1) will not be working, but they will let you do the other things. I bet you to keep crowds down during the beginning of softs they will only have the Studios side of HE open doing round trips. And actually I doubt the rides will even be open when they first let people into the land for softs. Because they will probably want to work out how to let people in with their special effects before being fully opened to limit the number of people coming in. I totally see softs being a phased approach to control crowds. I personally cannot wait for softs, I LOVED phase 1 softs because it was not crowded and it really allowed you to enjoy the atmosphere.

I'm hoping / wishing for a June / July 2014 opening just after the CBBH opens in March giving UNI 3 months to work out the kinks.
Announce the Grand Opening of Phase2 , early entry for onsite guests only , than bam full capacity in all 4 hotels and let the fun begin now that would be a perk but I doubt it will happen like that

I should have specified that I was hoping for "Holidays 2014 at the latest." :lol:
The sooner this opens, the better! I wish it was open today! :p

Remember, Phase One was built when Universal didn't have much to spend on fast-paced construction like today, They spent alot of money and resources to get it constructed and areas of the park/resort felt it, but look at how doing that changed Universal today, Transformers built in 10months, a Simpsons Area in 3-4 Months, and now Possibly WWOHP2 in 18months.

I don't think everyone should get so excited with all this steel. Each and every one of these facades are massive and the planned detail staggering. On top of that they want to be cycling both Etickets for a huge amount of time. I was given a length of time but I won't even post it because it seems so out there. Oh and Simpsons in total is a 8 month project, not 3-4:thumbs:

I don't think everyone should get so excited with all this steel. Each and every one of these facades are massive and the planned detail staggering. On top of that they want to be cycling both Etickets for a huge amount of time. I was given a length of time but I won't even post it because it seems so out there. Oh and Simpsons in total is a 8 month project, not 3-4:thumbs:

And the closer we get each step will take way longer then you would think it should. I mean it could take weeks to simply get the area paved correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.