Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 469 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the closer we get each step will take way longer then you would think it should. I mean it could take weeks to simply get the area paved correctly.

Exactly, there will numerous corporate walks with tons of changes, errors, revisions, and so on. It will be 100% ready to go before anyone ever sets a foot back there and that means 4-6 months of detail work even after construction is complete. I mean look how long it took to get a stage done correctly and then signed off by Universal, Gilmore, and Warner Brothers. This is the most anticipated theme park addition ever conceived as well as the addition to the most successful, profitable, and well known theme park land ever created. It's going to get very time consuming at points :thumbs:

Exactly, there will numerous corporate walks with tons of changes, errors, revisions, and so on. It will be 100% ready to go before anyone ever sets a foot back there and that means 4-6 months of detail work even after construction is complete. I mean look how long it took to get a stage done correctly and then signed off by Universal, Gilmore, and Warner Brothers. This is the most anticipated theme park addition ever conceived as well as the addition to the most successful, profitable, and well known theme park land ever created. It's going to get very time consuming at points :thumbs:
So in other words, summer 2015?

Not necessarily. It's just a cautionary point that although in normal construction once vertical construction starts it's not to long, in this case we'll have a long trip to being signed off by everyone involved.

If you remember FJ seemed to be "testing" for a very long time..it wasn't ready until several weeks after the stores were already open and ready.

Consider the scope of this project...plus the fact that they will need to create a whole new pricing plan/park switch...I think any hopes for a 2014 opening should definitely be squashed.
Summer 2015 at the very earliest..in my opinion.

I'm not holding my breath but im hoping for a 2014 opening im hoping it will be open by September 2014, next trip to florida and our wedding doubt my fiance will let me postpone the wedding for this haha. And doubt I will be able to get back to orlando for probably 5-10 years, so fingers crossed they pull a transformers lol

Just throwing this out there, the FJ was cycling vehicles for many months before anyone even thought things were happening.

I'm not holding my breath but im hoping for a 2014 opening im hoping it will be open by September 2014, next trip to florida and our wedding doubt my fiance will let me postpone the wedding for this haha. And doubt I will be able to get back to orlando for probably 5-10 years, so fingers crossed they pull a transformers lol

Well congrats on getting married! hahaha

29zexoz.jpg

If this is at all close to what it will actually look like, it will be the best and most money Universal has ever spent.

^ Far fewer 'unique' building facades... but Violarums illustration (the illustration above drawn and first posted by a member of this forum) is a great example of what it will feel like.

Last edited:
BJ, you are definitely the most intriguing member of this site from my perspective. You find the world on the internet and post it here in seconds. It is uncanny. You have a gentle yet firm opinion. I feel confident you would disarm me in a duel. I would never anticipate your next move.

And yeah... that is my compliment and appreciation of your membership here. :wave:

Reactions: BJCool
Just throwing this out there, the FJ was cycling vehicles for many months before anyone even thought things were happening.

It did it's off site testing before there was even a building to test in. But in the building I'd say it was at least a year of testing. Vehicles moved at FJ before they did at Rockit.

It did it's off site testing before there was even a building to test in. But in the building I'd say it was at least a year of testing. Vehicles moved at FJ before they did at Rockit.

:wave:

BJ, you are definitely the most intriguing member of this site from my perspective. You find the world on the internet and post it here in seconds. It is uncanny. You have a gentle yet firm opinion. I feel confident you would disarm me in a duel. I would never anticipate your next move.

And yeah... that is my compliment and appreciation of your membership here. :wave:

Oh... well... thank you! :peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.