Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 471 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't ruin my day, it just showcases the difference between going all the way and cheaping out.

Besides, if it's not a big deal, then why is everyone hoping so hard for Gringotts to be well-hidden? Or complaining about Transformers? That's a little bit of a double-standard don't you think..?

You really think it's cheaping out? You think it makes perfect thematic sense to stand in Jurassic park and be looking at a huge mountain and castle?
You think it makes sense to be seated in Fear Factor Live in Orlando and looking to your left see London?

Some of places where you can see an unthemed version of the building are about allowing that to blend in, forcing you to focus on the theming of the area your in. It's driving your attention.

The FJ show building should be unrecognizable in jurassic park, your not in harry potter.

The gringots building should be clearly a sound stage form world expo, your not in harry potter.

You really think it's cheaping out? You think it makes perfect thematic sense to stand in Jurassic park and be looking at a huge mountain and castle?
You think it makes sense to be seated in Fear Factor Live in Orlando and looking to your left see London?

Some of places where you can see an unthemed version of the building are about allowing that to blend in, forcing you to focus on the theming of the area your in. It's driving your attention.

The FJ show building should be unrecognizable in jurassic park, your not in harry potter.

The gringots building should be clearly a sound stage form world expo, your not in harry potter.

I know there shouldn't be a huge warehouse in the middle of the jungle, especially when you can clearly tell there's a castle attached to the back of it. It ruins the illusion once you do enter the world.

Plus, the side of the building is visible from inside WWOHP anyway. It's to the right.

I know there shouldn't be a huge warehouse in the middle of the jungle, especially when you can clearly tell there's a castle attached to the back of it. It ruins the illusion once you do enter the world.

Plus, the side of the building is visible from inside WWOHP anyway. It's to the right.

Yes, and the point is to allow it to fade into the background allowing you to focus on the theming. As I pointed out, the average guest, the guests that come and drop thousands of dollars in a week don't care.

Thousands of guests do it every day. When your here on a once in a life time vacation and your in JP you know what you look at? JP. The theming levels of all of the parks in Orlando is amazing, and far beyond regional parks that most people are used to.

Theme park enthusiasts notice show buildings like that, park guests don't. And even if they do, they don't care. There's not stacks of negative comments at guest services about it, no one is yelling about how it ruined their day, they just don't care that it's there. They are in the park to enjoy their day.

No one does it. It's impossible to not see certain show buildings, regardless of how immersed you may be in the rest of the theming. FJ is one of them. It's RIGHT ON TOP OF YOU as you pass it. Theme park enthusiasts don't have some sort of super vision that allows them to notice these things while the masses go oblivious. Everyone sees them, many just don't care. Your average person has less knowledge of what exactly they're looking at, I'm sure, but it should still be obvious to anyone that this sort of thing isn't an intended part of the themed experience. Exposed show buildings are always a terrible faux pas for world class theme parks. It just doesn't bother those who care less.

Yes, and the point is to allow it to fade into the background allowing you to focus on the theming. As I pointed out, the average guest, the guests that come and drop thousands of dollars in a week don't care.

And as I pointed out, as an average guest before I found stuff like this website, I noticed it. It didn't ruin my time, but theme park geeks seem to live on the principle that it's the things that you don't obviously notice that makes the difference between theming and immersion. Rockwork or more foliage would definitely have been an improvement to what is there now, even if some people (not all) don't notice it at first.

No one does it. It's impossible to not see certain show buildings, regardless of how immersed you may be in the rest of the theming. FJ is one of them. It's RIGHT ON TOP OF YOU as you pass it. Theme park enthusiasts don't have some sort of super vision that allows them to notice these things while the masses go oblivious. Everyone sees them, many just don't care. Your average person has less knowledge of what exactly they're looking at, I'm sure, but it should still be obvious to anyone that this sort of thing isn't an intended part of the themed experience. Exposed show buildings are always a terrible faux pas for world class theme parks. It just doesn't bother those who care less.

When I say they don't see it I don't mean the shrubs are somehow thicker when they walk by. I mean they don't focus in on it at all, they don't pay it any attention, they don't go "oh I wonder what that is", they focus on the area they are in and the things around them.

Men in Black, The Haunted Mansion, Journey to the Center of the Earth, and Gringotts all have (blank) in common within there queue...

Let the speculation begin!

So anyway... what about that new foundation I found in the aerial photograph? Any thoughts on what that is?

From it's placement I'm thinking a themed wall between london and potter.

Men in Black, The Haunted Mansion, Journey to the Center of the Earth, and Gringotts all have (blank) in common within there queue...

Let the speculation begin!

Why a pre-show elevator of course.

On a side note, is there any way one of the staff members could take all those theming posts and throw them in their own thread? There is obviously interest in the topic, but it doesn't belong here.

I don't remember seeing this link being posted. So I'll share it here just in-case.
CzYJdBH.jpg
BTW. Notice what appears to be a square building foundation at the base of the left tower crane, to the right of it. That isn't on the water mngmnt plans.
So anyway... what about that new foundation I found in the aerial photograph? Any thoughts on what that is?

The one in the middle of this view?

iSRcLcKBE5dx.png

The Haunted Mansion in Disneyland has an elevator, the one in Disney World does not. In the stretching room, it's a scrim.

None of them have real elevators really. Well JttCotE might, never been on it, but I think he just meant an elevator effect will be present, most likely one that will give the impression of moving very quickly in several different directions.

None of them have real elevators really. Well JttCotE might, never been on it, but I think he just meant an elevator effect will be present, most likely one that will give the impression of moving very quickly in several different directions.

No, Haunted Mansion in DL and Phantom Manor in DLP have elevators in their stretch rooms.

Meanwhile I can see a certain princess's tower while at Haunted Mansion

I believe a long while back HTF hinted to Gringotts having an elevator portion in the line. Would be cool if it really moves but would that be practical?

Status
Not open for further replies.