Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 473 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When it gets announced we should have at least one piece of concept art. But it probably won't be satisfying to you.

You have to realize that it's practically impossible to hide something that massive... They did their best to make it seem as if it wasn't there without blowing an impractical amount of money just to make it slightly less visible... Plus ill have you know I've never noticed a show building there... Even if I did last time I was there, it must've been so unimportant to me that I already forgot about it

Radiator Springs Racers has a pretty large show building.

Radiator Springs Racers has a pretty large show building.

Okay, we all get that the show building is visible and that some people find it annoying. In fact I remember that a lot of people complaining about it for a period of time.
But as others have pointed out, this isn't the MOST important thing in a theme park. This isn't going to warrant a guests attention for more than a few moments, and even then they usually forget about it by the end of the next attraction they visit. The goal of a theme park is not to have every visible building covered with amazing themeing that NEVER loses a guests immersion. It's not what a guest is worried about in the slightest, and therefore it's not what Universal's Corporate heads are worried about. There will always be flaws with immersion because it's a theme park, and funds are often allocated to much bigger projects that the majority of the general public will notice, as opposed to a small touch-up project that members of this forum would notice but no one else really cared about. It's all about getting the biggest bang (or return) for your buck.

On that note, if we want to keep this discussion of covering a show building going can we please start a new thread for it? It sounds like it would be good for the united forum since it's talking about both Disney and Universal (and Seaworld with Antarctica for that matter).

On that note, if we want to keep this discussion of covering a show building going can we please start a new thread for it? It sounds like it would be good for the united forum since it's talking about both Disney and Universal (and Seaworld with Antarctica for that matter).
:iagree: , let's get :focus:

So I'm still curious about that building Teebin was talking about - have we figured out what it is or?

To kind of wrap it back to the theme of this thread. Do you think the cold and show theme will come over from phase 1? Obviously it causes issues with the wardrobe the team members wear, in addition to the fact that it's over 90 degrees for about half the year.

To kind of wrap it back to the theme of this thread. Do you think the cold and show theme will come over from phase 1? Obviously it causes issues with the wardrobe the team members wear, in addition to the fact that it's over 90 degrees for about half the year.

I don't think so - Diagon Alley was always shown in mid to late September, so I imagine it'll be more like Summer/Fall wear. It'll help to differentiate the areas in my opinion. But IDK :shrug:

Also, does anyone know how intense the Gringotts coaster will be? I'm guessing Mummy terms?

Everything I've heard has said it will be much less of a "coaster" than most are thinking.

I don't think so - Diagon Alley was always shown in mid to late September, so I imagine it'll be more like Summer/Fall wear. It'll help to differentiate the areas in my opinion. But IDK :shrug:

Right. Diagon isn't really a winter location in the books or movies.

Valid point, although it would also make sense to make it winter to keep it consistent if you ride HE. If it is summer would you think that's something that needs to be addressed on the HE?

Valid point, although it would also make sense to make it winter to keep it consistent if you ride HE. If it is summer would you think that's something that needs to be addressed on the HE?

But we're also talking about two very different geographical locations, with Hogsmeade (and Hogwarts for that matter) being very far north, and Diagon Alley being located in central London... And both are shown at different times of the year in the films and books, so guests will have an idea in mind about what each village is like...

you know you can just start a thread yourself, right? lol

I don't think it's really that big of a deal. We'll be walking from San Fransisco to Diagon Alley, and currently walk from Jurassic Park to Hogsmede. I don't think going from summer to winter is all that big of a deal.

Well in London we rarely get snow ever, it's only because Hogsmeade/Hogwarts is based in a hilly area of Scotland, we would normally get snow 1 or 2 days if we are lucky in the year (this winter has been crazy though). So I hope it doesn't have snow and besides I always got the impression that Diagon Alley was quite drab in comparison to Hogsmeade.

Another note on the difference in weather is not everyone will be necessarily going from one land/park to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.