Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 475 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah when they did phase 1 It was a big deal because everyone (myself included)thought the only one with room to do this was Disney.I am glad Universal got it.But at the time if you had asked most would have thought it would go to Disney.
Also it was a big gamble to expand during a economic downturn/recession they needed some buzz
to make sure the people who's jobs were on the line(for deciding to do this) had some cover.

The Pottermore look and the movies' look differs, but still cool to see this, and get even more pumped for Phase II:

[video=youtube;Wbr97SVUPGI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wbr97SVUPGI[/video]

(More on this can be found on the Pottermore thread)

The Pottermore look and the movies' look differs, but still cool to see this, and get even more pumped for Phase II:

[video=youtube;Wbr97SVUPGI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wbr97SVUPGI[/video]

(More on this can be found on the Pottermore thread)

I saw this earlier and thought it was very interesting. I can't wait to play through it! I think it's safe to assume that we'll be getting something more based off of the movies rather than this/the books though.

I saw this earlier and thought it was very interesting. I can't wait to play through it! I think it's safe to assume that we'll be getting something more based off of the movies rather than this/the books though.

Oh definitely, the design and style is gonna be the well-known look from the movies. This is just fun to look at, as we will be in those locations in a few months' time :smiley:

I've never actually thought about this, and I'm sure the answer will be ridiculously obvious, but since they pretty much gutted Lost Continent to build the Wizarding World, why didn't they just use all of Lost Continent to make Hogsmeade and Hogwarts? Seems like it would have been a lot easier on crowd flow and the massive crowding issues we see there, and more space to do much more attractions and take what is already an outstanding addition to the park and make it even better? Now with it already built, it's highly unlikely they could use the remainder of Lost Continent to add to Hogsmeade, so they pretty much have to either keep it as is or do some other kind of expansion for it.

For starters im sure they wanted to spread some of the Potter crowds and money coming in over on the Studios side. Not sure what their game plan was all along but this may have been their "Blue Sky" idea from the get go.

I've never actually thought about this, and I'm sure the answer will be ridiculously obvious, but since they pretty much gutted Lost Continent to build the Wizarding World, why didn't they just use all of Lost Continent to make Hogsmeade and Hogwarts? Seems like it would have been a lot easier on crowd flow and the massive crowding issues we see there, and more space to do much more attractions and take what is already an outstanding addition to the park and make it even better? Now with it already built, it's highly unlikely they could use the remainder of Lost Continent to add to Hogsmeade, so they pretty much have to either keep it as is or do some other kind of expansion for it.

I'm not sure if you mean originally why didnt they make hogsmeade bigger, but Ill give it a shot. Its been mentioned above a bit, but the original wwohp was an extreme gamble for Uni. The original plan had some other features, but they were scaled back to keep the cost and subsequently the risk, low. LC is a huge area, so doubling the size would have been crazy expensive.

If you meant, why didnt they just convert whats left of LC into more hogsmeade, Hockeyman is correct, it was a way to bring HP's popularity to the Uni park.

So this was just posted to Reddit under the title "Hey Harry Potter fans! Here are the plans for your amusement park."

TbnOgrf.jpg

Although as i type this, I read further into his comments and it turns out this is actually for the USH expansion.

Still cool though, that's a **** load of plans.

So this was just posted to Reddit under the title "Hey Harry Potter fans! Here are the plans for your amusement park."

TbnOgrf.jpg

Although as i type this, I read further into his comments and it turns out this is actually for the USH expansion.

Almost had a heart attack, then i saw they were for universal Hollywood.

It is possible that was just said to prevent a loss of employment... The wide track right through the middle of the plan looks quite similar to the walled walkway guests use to walk through the London area, wouldn't you say? The right side looks like the open area of San Francisco just in front of Disaster. If you zoom in you can see it much clearer... By the way, that binder is a maintenance manual for the IOA wizarding world... Not sure whether that proves more to the side of it being Hollywood or it being Orlando... You decide

Just a thought, of course...

EDIT: Also if you look very closely on the far middle(ish) of the plans, you can see what looks almost exactly like the London waterfront...

Last edited:

TbnOgrf.jpg

Can you post a link to this reddit thread? I've been looking for it and can't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.