Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 472 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have to recheck once I get home but 64f is Borgin and Bourkes if I remember correctly. Can't tell by Teebin's picture on my phone. Gonna have to get to a bigger screen.

I will have to recheck once I get home but 64f is Borgin and Bourkes if I remember correctly. Can't tell by Teebin's picture on my phone. Gonna have to get to a bigger screen.

Now 64f makes perfect sense... that is where I have always thought it should be located; end of the narrowing alley.

This apparent new building that I am talking about is off the southeast corner of the Gringotts show building... and not connected to it. To clarify, in the area of 66c yet it is not in the shape of what 66c is on the plans.

Last edited:
How does an elevator tie into Gringotts? Gringotts doesn't have an elevator in the movies or books.

To be fair, we don't know much about Gringotts from either source. It's not out of the realm of possibility that they took an elevator from the lobby to the cart areas. In JKR I trust.

Like the Ministry of Magic, the majority of Gringotts is far underground. Taking an elevator down makes sense.

Last edited:
I might notice the occasional show building but I'm normally so happy and excited to be in the parks I don't care.

Now 64f makes perfect sense... that is where I have always thought it should be located; end of the narrowing alley.

This apparent new building that I am talking about is off the southeast corner of the Gringotts show building... and not connected to it. To clarify, in the area of 66c yet it is not in the shape of what 66c is on the plans.

64F does make sense, and I'd love that location because it's pretty secluded from the rest of the land.

It looks like 66c, with a square part added to it. If you look at the pic BJCool posted, the orange outline forms a square with a little leg, and 66c looks like that "leg" on the building.

It is interesting that, from Hogsmeade, one will have to wait in line for the HE and then after 3-4 minutes of entertainment, you will exit out into the streets of London, only to have to get in line and wait yet again to get into Diagon Alley. What a slap in the kissuh that will be. On special vacation days, the same will apply to Hogsmeade. "Welcome London/Hogsmeade! Now, if you will please wait for 3 hours in this line to visit the attraction."

It is interesting that, from Hogsmeade, one will have to wait in line for the HE and then after 3-4 minutes of entertainment, you will exit out into the streets of London, only to have to get in line and wait yet again to get into Diagon Alley. What a slap in the kissuh that will be. On special vacation days, the same will apply to Hogsmeade. "Welcome London/Hogsmeade! Now, if you will please wait for 3 hours in this line to visit the attraction."

If the whole Wand Quest/Magi Quest --whatever you want to call it goes through, then they could add certain things in the queues to help pass the time...

This is one of the reasons I will only visit Uni again in the off season.

And as I pointed out, as an average guest before I found stuff like this website, I noticed it. It didn't ruin my time, but theme park geeks seem to live on the principle that it's the things that you don't obviously notice that makes the difference between theming and immersion. Rockwork or more foliage would definitely have been an improvement to what is there now, even if some people (not all) don't notice it at first.

You have to realize that it's practically impossible to hide something that massive... They did their best to make it seem as if it wasn't there without blowing an impractical amount of money just to make it slightly less visible... Plus ill have you know I've never noticed a show building there... Even if I did last time I was there, it must've been so unimportant to me that I already forgot about it

When I first saw Hogwarts, yes I was a "veteran" of theme park fan websites. I always looked for small little imperfections that others would point out online. However, I never once noticed the show building attached to Hogwarts. Why? I was too amazed at the beauty and spectacular design of Wizard World. I was too busy taking everything in and loving the land. Wasn't until I got home and looked through pictures did I notice any indication of the show building. And in fact, I didn't notice it until I read online that the building was visible.

I'd imagine the typical theme park visitor, the casual fan, would fall into that same category. Not saying some do not notice it. I'm saying majority probably don't. And if they do, they probably couldn't care less.

I wonder if once this opens if any of the 3 HP e-ticket attractions will have express (FJ, Hogwarts Express, and Grigotts)???? Surely Universal won't exclude 4 major attractions from express (HP + HRRR)??

FJ keeps flirting with adding it. They on paper have been 4 weeks out from accepting it several times. They've got the process down for how they will handle it, they've got the signage. They just need the pressure to be off. I'd imagine once the new area comes they'll be able to roll it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.