Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 467 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure if anyone is allowed to say (or knows for sure) but will there be a general merch store... like a flourish & blotts? or am i just hoping here? ):

1. Awesome update HTF! thanks so much!

2. Im going to be greedy since all this progress is so exciting. We know phase three will just be updates/maintenance to the existing two lands. Do we know if either may include another build/addition? Or i wonder if they created this design so they would never have to have construction after it is completed

If interactive wands don't make it for Phase 2 (it's gone quiet) then that would be a great addition to both lands.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks and welcome everyone on the updates across the boards!

Interactive wands have been my dream since it was rumored for wwohp. It shouldnt be that hard/different than what Disney is doing with the pirates interactive game or agent p's missions.

Interactive wands have been my dream since it was rumored for wwohp. It shouldnt be that hard/different than what Disney is doing with the pirates interactive game or agent p's missions.

Maybe I missed it somewhere in these 623 pages (and wasn't around for Phase I) but what are the interactive wands?

There was some testing of them. For example there's a demo light post that can be turned on and off with a wand. (It's to demo, it's stored back of house, not in the park). Problem is the wands look goofy (kinda light the light up tip wands that were very briefly around). The second issue (that came about after opening) is with how popular potter is, now do you pull it off without having the light just strobe? You need each kid to be able to do it (so a timer of only once every few minutes isn't going to work) but you need each interaction to be individual (can't have a flashing light, no one knows if their wave worked)

Reactions: Felipe
If interactive wands don't make it for Phase 2 (it's gone quiet) then that would be a great addition to both lands.

Just as long as they manage to stay away from tacky territory or ruin the existing theming. And manage to make the wands look like the authentic HP wands, not chunky, plastic, accessorized (ugly :p), like the MagiQuest wands.

There was some testing of them. For example there's a demo light post that can be turned on and off with a wand. (It's to demo, it's stored back of house, not in the park). Problem is the wands look goofy (kinda light the light up tip wands that were very briefly around). The second issue (that came about after opening) is with how popular potter is, now do you pull it off without having the light just strobe? You need each kid to be able to do it (so a timer of only once every few minutes isn't going to work) but you need each interaction to be individual (can't have a flashing light, no one knows if their wave worked)

Basically my worries about the interactive wand situations. Disney's interactive games clutter up their areas and ruin all the surprise because you see 5 people do the same thing in front of you. And with Potter's insane popularity there's no room for the stuff.

Universal is moving so fast with this HP 2.0 construction. I believe if they continue a certain pace we are gonna see a summer 2014 opening. Also i remember HTF saying that Universal wanted to delay the JP expansion plans(like they have) to speed up the HP 2.0 process(which i believe is also happening by the looks of things). The only thing that worries me is that i know the Gringotts attraction needs a lot of time to test and make rite..but even with that being said i still think a summer or late summer 2014 opening for Phase 2 is still a very realistic possibility.

Last edited:
Universal is moving so fast with this HP 2.0 construction. I believe if they continue a certain pace we are gonna see a summer 2014 opening. Also i remember HTF saying that Universal wanted to delay the JP expansion plans(like they have) to speed up the HP 2.0 process(which i believe is also happening by the looks of things). The only thing that worries me is that i know the Gringotts attraction needs a lot of time to test and make rite..but even with that being said i still think a summer or late summer 2014 opening for Phase 2 is still a very realistic possibility.

While I'm very excited for phase 2, I personally would rather see IOA add their JP expansion before Potter. I think IOA could use the extra boost right before phase 2.

I've been thinking late summer 2014 since construction went vertical but everyone keeps saying summer 2015. I don't see how it would take Uni another two years to complete this whole thing, I mean it's possible with the complexity of everything but it just seems like a stretch. How long did it take for Phase 1 to be built?

Status
Not open for further replies.