Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 480 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No there's not, or at least none is ever mentioned.

There is a Ollivander's in Hogsmeade in the books. It's in High Street, it's similar to the one In Diagon Alley. It was run by an associate of Garrick Ollivander. Speaking of Ollivander's I've literally never been in it. It's ALWAYS a long wait. Even when the park opens there is like an hour wait.

Last edited:
Two hints: 3D bent rebar. A company that got into the metal works business in the past 5 years or so. I didn't know about this location until two weeks from now, which of course is today, for moi. :wave:

I actually don't remember but I knew there was. Also I double checked and it says on this link: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Ollivanders_Wand_Shop and now I'm going to find out where it mentions it in the books because now that's picking at me lol

Its not in the books. I promise you. As a devoted Harry Potter fan, I promise you there was no mention of Ollivander's in Hogsmede. The Wiki references the fact that it appears in Hogsmede in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

As a matter of fact, in the 3rd book, Ron breaks his wand and they reference a wand repair shop, but state that Ron will have to go back to Diagon Alley to get a new wand.

Hi everyone! Just a newbie here, but I've been following this thread for quite some time. I was trying to hold off until the announcement, but mehh. Things are springing up pretty quickly, so I thought I'd just jump in. To add my two cents: I believe the whole "Hogsmeade Ollivander's Branch" theory can be chalked up to this new Pottermore nonsense. The books never incorporated a seperate branch, but Rowling must have added it into Pottermore. It's something I've never heard about until recently, and I'm a pretty avid Potter fan.

Reactions: Andy
Hi everyone! Just a newbie here, but I've been following this thread for quite some time. I was trying to hold off until the announcement, but mehh. Things are springing up pretty quickly, so I thought I'd just jump in. To add my two cents: I believe the whole "Hogsmeade Ollivander's Branch" theory can be chalked up to this new Pottermore nonsense. The books never incorporated a seperate branch, but Rowling must have added it into Pottermore. It's something I've never heard about until recently, and I'm a pretty avid Potter fan.

Welcome aboard and thanks for the insight!

Its not in the books. I promise you. As a devoted Harry Potter fan, I promise you there was no mention of Ollivander's in Hogsmede. The Wiki references the fact that it appears in Hogsmede in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

I guess I got away from what we were talking about. And that was if it was in the books, and I thought it was. My main point though and me being a devoted Harry Potter fan also is that there is a other Ollivander's wand shop in Hogsmeade in the Harry Potter universe. That's my bad though because I was almost certain it mentioned it in the books but I guess not. What's your favorite book Riddle??

Last edited:
I know the park came first, I'm just not too familiar with the whole Pottermore thing. The linked wiki page lists a small amount of information about the backstory to a Hogsmeade Ollivander's. I only assumed it was Pottermore content. Personally, I think they should just keep the existing shop along with the "original" shop. Even if there's some debate as to it's conception, it still fits in pretty well. As long as the two shops differ in design. Maybe each of the three new showrooms have a different experience? Merlin help the poor soul who allows a carbon copy in Diagon Alley.

Don't believe everything you see on the internet. Or more specifically, believe me on the internet. :sneaky:

The site uses all HP media as a source as long as it doesn't directly contradict the novels. WWoHP is the source for the Hogsmeade Ollivanders, whereas Pottermore art is used as a source for the look of Diagon Alley because it's considered closer to the novels. But Pottermore says nothing of a alternative Ollivanders shop location.

Don't believe everything you see on the internet. Or more specifically, believe me on the internet. :sneaky:

The site uses all HP media as a source as long as it doesn't directly contradict the novels. WWoHP is the source for the Hogsmeade Ollivanders, whereas Pottermore art is used as a source for the look of Diagon Alley because it's considered closer to the novels. But Pottermore says nothing of a alternative Ollivanders shop location.

I am indeed a HUGE Potter fan. Just throwing that out there lol and I don't believe everything on the internet of course but I believe it to be true.

I know from context that A: WWoHP came first B: Pottermore came second. The books don't mention an Olivanders in Hogsmeade, and Pottermore is derived directly from the books. Therefore Pottermore couldn't have mentioned an Ollivanders in Hogsmeade.

Also, it states Pottermore is only up to chapter 8 in Prisoner of Azkaban. I checked, Hogsmeade is first explored in chapter 10, therefore making it impossible for Pottermore to be a source.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.