Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 481 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole Ollivander's in Hogsmeade discussion has long been played out in the original WWoHP thread. True, there is no mention of Ollivander's in the books; however, just because there isn't an explicit reference to one doesn't mean there wasn't one. It's just that the story JK Rowling was telling did not nessecitate the reference or visit to said store. I don't believe there is a Magic Neep in the books either, yet we have a facade in WWoHP. Books state Muggles didn't know Hogsmeade or Hogwarts existed bc of the charms, yet here we are. In the end, JK Rowling approves everything that appears in the park, so if she's ok w/ Olivander's in Hogsmeade, then it's good enough for me (and it should be good enough for everyone else, as well).

The whole Ollivander's in Hogsmeade discussion has long been played out in the original WWoHP thread. True, there is no mention of Ollivander's in the books; however, just because there isn't an explicit reference to one doesn't mean there wasn't one. It's just that the story JK Rowling was telling did not nessecitate the reference or visit to said store. I don't believe there is a Magic Neep in the books either, yet we have a facade in WWoHP. Books state Muggles didn't know Hogsmeade or Hogwarts existed bc of the charms, yet here we are. In the end, JK Rowling approves everything that appears in the park, so if she's ok w/ Olivander's in Hogsmeade, then it's good enough for me (and it should be good enough for everyone else, as well).

id2QFPObYZbG.gif

Whatever Rowling approves, then becomes acceptable.

Last edited:

True..there are always people looking to make themselves out to be HP experts though while at the parks..For instance complaining that Zonko's and the Candy Shop are not connected in the book...always those that are critical

True..there are always people looking to make themselves out to be HP experts though while at the parks..For instance complaining that Zonko's and the Candy Shop are not connected in the book...always those that are critical

Well, obviously, that's because the Harry Potter books, films, and theme park attractions are all alternate universes, with slight tweaks and changes between them all. Remember, each choice leads to another parallel universe. ;)

Theme Park Insider throwing out some info http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201303/3420/

If he's right, it jives with what I was thinking about the plywood box area/stoop conversation being Grimmauld Place facades the other day.

So next summer is what he is saying! Amazing this whole land will take half the time it took Disney to build the mine coaster.

On a side note, I will be nowhere near the parks when this grand opens after seeing pictures from 1.0s opening :lol:

I hope when this land opens that Hogwarts Express has an Express pass. I won't be able to take two unbearable lines.

HOF, do you think July 2014 is accurate?

More fuel to the Grimmauld Place rumor. Felipe is a genius btw.

Look at the roof slope:

41f20c38e34360617317a423ae573a32_zpsbfbbe673.jpg

Look at the steel on the far right:

BF-X6BSCUAERbwT.jpg

^credit OrlandoInformer of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: Felipe
Wait wait wait.!!! Felipe and Reel! You are right and you are wrong at the same time... Those aren't the stoops... they are the skylight basement holes BETWEEN the stoops. That is why they have a wrought iron fences in front of them. Woo hoo!

My argument was that Pottermore wasn't a source for the Hogsmeade Ollivanders, since Pottermore originated started in 2012. If you want to argue that the Theme Park is story factual accurate then that's fine.

Could Grimmauld place be acting as the lands alternative entrance? Or the Gringotts ride exit and gift shop? An expansion for a phase 3, or just a facade? I find this rather intriguing.

I just had a Pottergasm. Grimmauld place! 2014!! My wife and I went to Disney and Universal for the first time ever in october 2011, we are going back this october and again in 2015. It takes us that long to save up the money and we live up in Maine so we stay for a week to 10 days. I am really looking forward to Diagon alley and especially knockturn alley. Thanks to everyone who is posting all these updates.

My argument was that Pottermore wasn't a source for the Hogsmeade Ollivanders, since Pottermore originated started in 2012. If you want to argue that the Theme Park is story factual accurate then that's fine.

Could Grimmauld place be acting as the lands alternative entrance? Or the Gringotts ride exit and gift shop? An expansion for a phase 3, or just a facade? I find this rather intriguing.
Just a facade.

See, nothing there
Capture.png

Last edited:
Edit. thought I didn't reply. Oops

I had a thought though, since the Leaky Cauldron is very inconspicuous, what if, as a parallel to the current phase 1 entrance, they had the Knight Bus marking off the London Diagon Alley entrance?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.