Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 478 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Perhaps, but they seem to close together for that, if they are going for full scale. I suppose we could look up the address in the books and then do streetview in google maps. Search up and down the street for some architectural element that appears similar.

On ANOTHER note...
Going to be very very vague here, but I can tell you that decorative props are currently under construction and anything that isn't a prop, but that is decorative and can be prefabbed, is DONE. In the later vein, virtually no one is working on this project any longer.

Last edited:
^ Perhaps, but they seem to close together for that, if they are going for full scale. I suppose we could look up the address in the books and then do streetview in google maps. Search up and down the street for some architectural element that appears similar.

Pictures can mess with size/dimension and this is the only perspective from which we have seen this, isn't it? :shrug:

BTW, Teebin, I have a note but you don't have an opening...

On ANOTHER note...
Going to be very very vague here, but I can tell you that decorative props are currently under construction and anything that isn't a prop, but that is decorative and can be prefabbed, is DONE. In the later vein, virtually no one is working on this project any longer.

This project?

Telling.

So, let me know when steel is going up on the four, or steel is going up next to disaster service road.

Too... why is densglass going up on the lower half of the Gringotts building? Am I seeing that correctly? I can never figure out why they use perma something on the transformers entrance and densglass on other things and plywood on yet other things. What is the reason for these different substrates when it appears they are going to the same purpose?

This may be kind of random, but for some reason, I feel like I remember Thestrals being talked about for the area. Anybody hear anything about this?

I have a question.
We know there will some kind of grand show entrance into DA with moving walls or projection or something, correct?
Will there be any other entrances coming from the San Fran or FFL area sides? Seems like they would have to have them for crowd flow.

I have a question.
We know there will some kind of grand show entrance into DA with moving walls or projection or something, correct?
Will there be any other entrances coming from the San Fran or FFL area sides? Seems like they would have to have them for crowd flow.

I would think they would prefer limited access... to control crowd flow. Some one here knows whether or not they even allowed people to enter the WW by way of the old JP bridge during high traffic times. From what I could see, they were forcing them all to go over the newer wooden bridge, to enter through the main arch only.

So, let me know when steel is going up on the four, or steel is going up next to disaster service road.

Too... why is densglass going up on the lower half of the Gringotts building? Am I seeing that correctly? I can never figure out why they use perma something on the transformers entrance and densglass on other things and plywood on yet other things. What is the reason for these different substrates when it appears they are going to the same purpose?

Plywood for fastening to the surface, like roofing drip edge, Perma base is usually in wet/tile situations (no rot) and densglass usually gets a plaster/stucco over it.

For what part? Can you elaborate just a little more ?lol

On ANOTHER note...

Orlando Informer posted a few more pics of Hogsmeade Station construction....

ibyalUPaNjsqBC.jpg

i86haqfPqWvXi.jpg

iboP6MjDrxzj97.jpg

ivpckg9G93Yit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.