Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 485 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Yep... Thanks to Disneyhead's feet and my begging, and their putting the SF firehouse on the water plans... it appears we have had the layout and size pegged pretty well! Good news is that it seems they have moved the icecream place off from the main alley. That would have been disaster otherwise.

Update... I don't see any HE "track" in these aerials. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
waiting to hear from teebin felipe and the rest of you experts on these photos

I wish I was an expert! :lol: I'm just very curious and analytical, and I can't rest till I get to the bottom of things. And I'm extremely passionate about theme parks and Harry Potter!

This helps visualize things:

PotterAerial3-24-13_zpsb2b4e156.jpg

Pics credit goes to TPI and Parkscope

(Un-shrunk, though not much bigger... I wish we had the original pics in their full resolution)

^ And why is the Gringotts facade being built so substantially... solid concrete form walls. For those of you who don't know... it doesn't require solid concrete... unless there is more to what it will be. Hmmmmmm.

Anyone want to jump in here?

^ Yep... Thanks to Disneyhead's feet and my begging, and their putting the SF firehouse on the water plans... it appears we have had the layout and size pegged pretty well! Good news is that it seems they have moved the icecream place off from the main alley. That would have been disaster otherwise.

Update... I don't see any HE "track" in these aerials. Am I missing something?

HE track has been installed down behind the Mummy :thumbs:

This was already discussed, in detail, and DA will be at least as wide as the widest path in Hogsmead at all times.

No... not correct at all.... it will be as NARROW as the narrowest path in Hogsmeade... 19-23' in some locations. Check my somewhat accurate diagram. It will be 30-40' in the first entrance area... then it will go all to pieces, like a pollack net.

now it all makes sense! is knockturn a part of london or diagon? and is the only part of "london" going to be the facades closest to the waterfront?

So since King's Cross seems to be the first thing that people will see when they enter London, will King's Cross/Platform 9 and 3/4 be completely separated from Diagon Alley? The way it looks to me is that you will access King's Cross from the London street and not from Diagon Alley, which makes sense since that's how it is in the movies. But from a themed land perspective in a theme park, it doesn't make sense that Platform 9 and 3/4 would not be accessible from the main area of the land (Diagon Alley).

So since King's Cross seems to be the first thing that people will see when they enter London, will King's Cross/Platform 9 and 3/4 be completely separated from Diagon Alley? The way it looks to me is that you will access King's Cross from the London street and not from Diagon Alley, which makes sense since that's how it is in the movies. But from a themed land perspective in a theme park, it doesn't make sense that Platform 9 and 3/4 would not be accessible from the main area of the land (Diagon Alley).

I stand by my thought process that, as a theme park, it does not make sense to dump people directly into DA. Rather, dump people out onto London, and they can go anywhere in the park, not just DA. That way they can control the amount of people inside DA.

I stand by my thought process that, as a theme park, it does not make sense to dump people directly into DA. Rather, dump people out onto London, and they can go anywhere in the park, not just DA. That way they can control the amount of people inside DA.

Which thematically makes sense. In the films King's Cross is definitely not connected or even near Diagon Alley.

No... not correct at all.... it will be as NARROW as the narrowest path in Hogsmeade... 19-23' in some locations. Check my somewhat accurate diagram. It will be 30-40' in the first entrance area... then it will go all to pieces, like a pollack net.

Ugh, why?? I understand wanting to be accurate to books, films, etc.. but this is an amusement park and having a really small area for your most popular/visited attraction and area just seems like a nightmare. I already hate it when I go to WWoHP where it feels like I have to be a ninja just to get through the crowds and get to FJ or DC, get to the lockers on FJ, and then leave the area. :nunchucks: Making it narrow doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.