Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 488 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
will there be any transitional area between San Francisco and London? It seems like it'll be pretty jarring. I know there isn't much transition between New York and SF but those two architectural styles blend together much more seamlessly (and both places are at least located on the same continent). I dont know, I just feel like they could really help the immersion of the land by featuring some transitional space between the Disaster showbuilding and the beginning of the London facades.

a4.jpg

In the above photo showing an overview of the construction, what is the area I circled? Is it a guest area in DA, or is it behind-the-scenes or used for the Gringott's queue? Didn't know if this would be part of the main pathways of DA or not.

Guest area. Home to 66b and 66c
NumberedMap.jpg

I see what they're talking about. I noticed it in earlier aerials where there were sections divided by orange fencing and there seemed to be a path, but I assumed that was for construction purposes (or for backstage walkways for TMs.)

ETA: love the model USFgeek. I would cover the entrance to the arches with St. Pancras (tall tower on the left corner and flat front to arch tunnel.)

Do you mean Kings Cross?

Like this?

hjTOvLp.jpg

iVO9rJi.jpg

In the above photo showing an overview of the construction, what is the area I circled? Is it a guest area in DA, or is it behind-the-scenes or used for the Gringott's queue? Didn't know if this would be part of the main pathways of DA or not.

^ It's part of the guest area... However what it will all look like is very much a question mark. We only really know what Diagon and Knockturn will look like.

And here is my question and answer picture. What is that thing they are building in the middle of what should be a street? The pink lines are showing what steel work has yet to be started. It hit me while doing this that the service road will go right under the load station of the HE. Ain't that something!

aerial_questions_zps2a340caf.jpg

Last edited:
Also, did I mention to all of you that a certain piece of VERY important artwork is finished and has been approved by at least one of the few VIP's involved? :wave:

I drove by this location and got a few pics. I didn't want to linger 'cause there were Nassal guys eyeballin me.
There were hundreds of these frameworks all lined up and they were working on more too.

Thanks much for taking these! While it might be for Gringotts, it might also be for cliff-work in Japan.

So I have a few questions....

Since the entrance is so narrow, will Universal be creating a Entrance Only/Exit Only on real busy days? or maybe all the time?

Will there be actual shop entrances on the main drag? how will they handle the inevitible "shop" qeues?

Since they are allowing "everyone" to ride the HE...won't that cause a huge capacity problem for non-2 park pass holders? I mean I would imagine a high percentage of people will not purchase a 2 park pass, and the line to get on this ride will just double.

I am really interested to see how this all works. It seems so insane on a crowd logistics level.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, did I mention to all of you that a certain piece of VERY important artwork is finished and has been approved by at least one of the few VIP's involved? :wave:

Thanks much for taking these! While it might be for Gringotts, it might also be for cliff-work in Japan.

So marketing promos are being finalized?

Considering that Borgin and Burkes will be the main attraction in KA, do you think that Knockturn Alley itself will be a queue to get into Borgin and Burkes?

I really think Uni has learned a lot of lessons from Phase 1 and I would think crowd control is one of them. So I believe they should have all of this worked out before opening. I doubt they will make the same mistakes again since they have already corrected some of the mistakes in phase 1 (announcing too early).

Considering that Borgin and Burkes will be the main attraction in KA, do you think that Knockturn Alley itself will be a queue to get into Borgin and Burkes?

Borgin and Bourkes will require a queue set up of some sort due to the interior layout and very unique and cool effects inside. Now how they set those up is beyond me :lol:

Oh and the amount of interior rock work within Gringotts is staggering and will be very very impressive. The interior sets are going to be much more impressive than the FJ.

So much information, my head is spinning!

If Knockturn Alley is, indeed, covered, I think it's a great idea. They could keep that area appropriately dark and spooky-looking. Also, a covered walkway would be a great place for respite from rain or sun.

Watch they pull off something like, pay an extra $5 and you get an all day boarding pass to ride the hogwarts express. And when buying a two park pass, it's free.

Last edited:
:wave: This is my first post but have been following for a while, just want to thank everybody for all the updates and pictures! I am very excited for phase II to be completed.

BTW... based on the water management plans (and a bit on the movies)... the grading is somewhat curious with the streets of Diagon alley. I believe we will be walking a light grade uphill towards Gringotts Bank... a grade of 1 foot to 200'. To the left of Gringotts (facing), it will be somewhat level to a point, and then drop off towards the turn into what will probably be Knockturn. It might include both staircases and ramps. Let's see if that is what the grade plans mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.