Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 490 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The main issue with a design like themed glasses is that they are then more desirable to thieves.
And Universal (and Disney I assume) already have a big enough problem with that. Especially at Spider-Man and Despicable Me. Guests come into Despicable Me and see the shiny new Dolby 3D glasses after using the old kind at Shrek and elsewhere around the park and they seem very impressed by comparison. Lot's of "These are the good kind!". Some occasionally do ask if they can taken them home with them too.

The team members at Transformers, Spidey, etc actually compete to see who can prevent the most stolen glasses. So, they're being proactive about glasses theft now that they have the more expensive ones.

The team members at Transformers, Spidey, etc actually compete to see who can prevent the most stolen glasses. So, they're being proactive about glasses theft now that they have the more expensive ones.
Yup. There's a reason a TM hands out the glasses. Guests WILL steal extra pairs of the glasses if left unattended.

So, it is looking as if we will not be able to enter The Leaky Cauldron restaurant from London, but only through the "back door" from Diagon. Anyone have thoughts on this?

gotta be for crowd control purposes

although those alleys look tiny and not nearly big enough for what s about to hit them next summer

On the Quidditch goggles suggestion... I believe somewhere in the original WWoHP threads when we weren't sure whether or not it would be in 3D, I suggested the very same design.

Funny glasses story.. At a sitdown restaurant at DHS, a family of four is sitting down and the kids were playing with their Star Tours 2 glasses at their table and the server goes up to them and says, "I'm sorry. They're not supposed to have these. They have to go back to the attraction." And takes them. The family had the biggest WTF face on. :lol:

I'd be surprised if that was the case. Leaky is accessible from London and Diagon in all the books/movies.

I think we'll enter through a Leaky themed space, but the restaurant will be separate for obvious reasons.

I also think the area that looks wide open right now is actually the exit. We'll enter to the left of the concrete wall through "Leaky" and exit through the open area (an alley between Leicester and Wyhndam?)

*All guesswork. I have no knowledge other than what I read online and being a huge Potter fan.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny glasses story.. At a sitdown restaurant at DHS, a family of four is sitting down and the kids were playing with their Star Tours 2 glasses at their table and the server goes up to them and says, "I'm sorry. They're not supposed to have these. They have to go back to the attraction." And takes them. The family had the biggest WTF face on. :lol:

I'm shocked that a CM had enough backbone to do that. They probably got reprimanded by their superiors afterwards.

I'd be surprised if that was the case. Leaky is accessible from London and Diagon in all the books/movies.

I know this very well... I am merely offering that it doesn't appear possible with the current setup. I also offer that if the Wyndham Theater is in fact true, it does not appear it was part of the plan when they filed papers with the water management district. BTW... does anyone have the original water district multi-page PDF or at least a link to it?

I agree this was out of line. How did the employee know where the glasses came from in the 1st place? For all we know, they already had these glasses before they even entered the park. Where they couldve gotten them from originally, that's another story. The more appropriate thing to do would've been to ask "Say, where'd you get those cool glasses?" If they did in fact incrimintae themselves by saying "From Star Tours", or from whatever ride from the park, than yes, than they would be able to say "They need to go back to that attraction." But unless the employee actually witness them taking the glasses, or they admit it, they shouldnt say a word.

When I wear 3D glasses, when not using them I just put them on top of my head. 1 time I forgot & walked out of T2 3D with them still on my head, & a TM approached me & said "Are those 3D glasses? If they are, you shouldnt have them on your head like that as it magnifies the suns radiation & you can burn your head." I dont even remember if she even asked for them or if I gave them back, but either way I didnt feel like I was being interrogated or accused of anything or anything like that, I felt more like she was concerned about my head more than she was concerned about the glasses.

I agree this was out of line. How did the employee know where the glasses came from in the 1st place? For all we know, they already had these glasses before they even entered the park. Where they couldve gotten them from originally, that's another story. The more appropriate thing to do would've been to ask "Say, where'd you get those cool glasses?" If they did in fact incrimintae themselves by saying "From Star Tours", or from whatever ride from the park, than yes, than they would be able to say "They need to go back to that attraction." But unless the employee actually witness them taking the glasses, or they admit it, they shouldnt say a word.

When I wear 3D glasses, when not using them I just put them on top of my head. 1 time I forgot & walked out of T2 3D with them still on my head, & a TM approached me & said "Are those 3D glasses? If they are, you shouldnt have them on your head like that as it magnifies the suns radiation & you can burn your head." I dont even remember if she even asked for them or if I gave them back, but either way I didnt feel like I was being interrogated or accused of anything or anything like that, I felt more like she was concerned about my head more than she was concerned about the glasses.

Good, quick thinking on the TM part.

Well they do mess with your eyes if you wear them in the sun, but that is a pretty clever way to get them back

Status
Not open for further replies.