Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 489 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what would be cool? If they placed a special lens over the 3D screens like the Nintendo 3DS so that the video portions of the ride are 3D without the glasses.

Tony Stark technology right there! I wouldn't be surprised with some of the technology today. By the way i don't know if this has been confirmed already or not but i'm really hoping there will be a drop sequence during Gringotts.

BTW, since I have only recently read the two weeks that Harry Potter was forced to stay at the Leaky Cauldron and forced to stay within the confines of Diagon Alley that I have understood why it is so dreamy to fans. I worry that this could shut down I-4 for days when it opens. JKR wrote that he had much gold in the bank. Wait until the tourists arrive. They will outspend him.

Thanks for the pics, Manx27! :sneaky: :thumbs:

Oh and the amount of interior rock work within Gringotts is staggering and will be very very impressive. The interior sets are going to be much more impressive than the FJ.

I'm assuming that Gringotts set-up will give us more visibility all around us, like in Mummy or Spider-Man, which should mean a more detailed, more immersive ride! I'm excited!

BTW, since I have only recently read the two weeks that Harry Potter was forced to stay at the Leaky Cauldron and forced to stay within the confines of Diagon Alley that I have understood why it is so dreamy to fans. I worry that this could shut down I-4 for days when it opens. JKR wrote that he had much gold in the bank. Wait until the tourists arrive. They will outspend him.

You betcha! And seeing how Universal keeps raising the bar, this should be amazing!

^ It's part of the guest area... However what it will all look like is very much a question mark. We only really know what Diagon and Knockturn will look like.

And here is my question and answer picture. What is that thing they are building in the middle of what should be a street? The pink lines are showing what steel work has yet to be started. It hit me while doing this that the service road will go right under the load station of the HE. Ain't that something!

aerial_questions_zps2a340caf.jpg

Thank you. I wish I could help with your picture. I can't believe how huge this project is, there are so many twists and turns and tiny corners. Can't wait until we have all the details! Love the fact that KA is covered too btw.

That large area with the hole on the back of the building will probably become the service entrance for the Leaky Cauldron. Like the Magic Neep, it will probably have themed doors with a sign like, "Thestral Carriage & Stable". I would guess that as much as 30% of this new building will be for food service. Think of the massive kitchen and refrigeration area for Broomsticks.

I forgot to mention, I also believe that any path in the middle of the big waterfront building (64 A/B/C/F) will be a backstage/TM area. I don't think KA will be indoors or covered.

Oh, Teebs, I posted a guess answer to your conundrum over in the Stash...

Last edited:
Oh, Teebs, I posted a guess answer to your conundrum over in the Stash...

Thanks yes, I saw it. I worry that no one on this site has the street plans and can't even hint at what is going on. I maintain that if something looks odd, then it is important and not what we expected. I wondered about four boxes in a row... and I believe what it is turning out to be is really important. So, this distraction in the middle of a presumed street... is important. Call me queer.

Tony Stark technology right there! I wouldn't be surprised with some of the technology today. By the way i don't know if this has been confirmed already or not but i'm really hoping there will be a drop sequence during Gringotts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autostereoscopy#Movement_parallax:_single_view_vs._multi-view_systems
That tech requires two images sent to each at at different angles, making it a frustrating system for more that one person. That requires eye tracking, which, on a rocking and twisting coaster with 20+ people, would be a disaster.

Might work for the Hogwarts Express screens though...

Last edited:
The exit of HE will run together with the entrance to the attraction as well correct? As in we will exit and enter through the same area? Unless Harry exits the train in Diagon I would suspect we would have to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autostereoscopy#Movement_parallax:_single_view_vs._multi-view_systems
That tech requires two images sent to each at at different angles, making it a frustrating system for more that one person. That requires eye tracking, which, on a rocking and twisting coaster with 20+ people, would be a disaster.

Might work for the Hogwarts Express screens though...

I didn't say it was possible lol I just said I wouldn't be surprised because you never know with all the new technology these days. Also from what I've heard it's less a coaster and more of a dark type ride.

Last edited:
I didn't say it was possible lol I just said I wouldn't be surprised because you never know with all the new technology these days. Also from what I've heard it's less a coaster and more of a dark type ride.

I just think that it's always good to keep up and understand the stuff. Especially with this sort of tech, which is relevant to our Theme Park world, or film world, or whatever. Plus it's pretty cool.

I just think that it's always good to keep up and understand the stuff. Especially with this sort of tech, which is relevant to our Theme Park world, or film world, or whatever. Plus it's pretty cool.

Fair enough. I would prefer the ride without glasses anyways but I'm not going to judge before I go on the ride. Plus I'm pretty sure I'm going to love the ride regardless being such a huge Potter fan that I am. The only thing is I don't know what I'm most excited for: Hogwarts Express, Gringotts, or everything else in Phase 2. What do you think?

On the nature of the glasses I'm imagining a resemblance to the protective goggles in the Quidditch match form 3rd film . Does anyone know if their is any issues with having that sort of design?
---

The area I'm most excited for is the Hogwarts Express,frankly, it's 99% of the Harry Potter magic. It's that sort of entering-a-new-land experience born from the theme park world that makes it a perfect match for UO.
But, the competition is very close for me. Had FJ not been built first I'd probably be more excited for the Gringotts experience.

On the nature of the glasses I'm imagining a resemblance to the protective goggles in the Quidditch match form 3rd film . Does anyone know if their is any issues with having that sort of design?
---

The main issue with a design like themed glasses is that they are then more desirable to thieves.

BUT J.K. has the final say in this project so I'm pretty sure she's not going to go for the typical Shrek 4D glasses...I'm sure they will be riders goggles...

Status
Not open for further replies.