Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 493 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will likely be somewhere:
boroughmarket.jpg

Wasn't this used for the Leaky in one of the films?

IMG_3026.JPG

I dislike the way the art directors kept changing their minds on how certain locations looked.

Yeah, I was going to pipe in earlier and say that I thought they would build a facade in front of King's Cross that would cover the arches. Can't tell from that picture if it's tall enough to cover the station, though. Time will tell...

You can see the height in this one

BGXrJOGCEAEWSPI.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't this used for the Leaky in one of the films?

IMG_3026.JPG

I dislike the way the art directors kept change their minds on how a certain location looks.
That's from Philosophers Stone. The one I posted was from Prisoner of Azkaban when the look of many things changed.

^Then definitely a facade will cover that. I'm thinking it won't be King's Cross.

As for the Leaky Cauldron, the aesthetics of the first two films were practically thrown out the window when Cuaron came on board. He and Stuart Craig really completely rebranded the films, especially in terms of production design. Sure, DA will be inspired by the first film... then again, it was really only extensively seen in the first film. I have a feeling that the Leaky Cauldron's entrance would be more similar to Cuaron's vision, since that was the film that featured LC the most.

^Then definitely a facade will cover that. I'm thinking it won't be King's Cross.

As for the Leaky Cauldron, the aesthetics of the first two films were practically thrown out the window when Cuaron came on board. He and Stuart Craig really completely rebranded the films, especially in terms of production design. Sure, DA will be inspired by the first film... then again, it was really only extensively seen in the first film. I have a feeling that the Leaky Cauldron's entrance would be more similar to Cuaron's vision, since that was the film that featured LC the most.

I would have to agree. Maybe a slightly more stylized version, because the one pictured about is small/not the most good looking thing on the planet. I'd imagine it will be a combination.

Based on the steel in front of the one arch, I am thinking it will look nothing like the real king's cross and look like St. Pancras. Probably not the entire building, but have that look a feel. The building based on google searches looks too big, so they would have to maybe use a section of it. But I think they stay true to the movies as that is what the GP knows.

I just cant wait for like another month or so, like when these buildings could be closed up and we start to see actual buildings take shape!!

Also, i feel like they are rushing to probably get the main show building closed before it becomes 90+ Degrees!!

A few more from over at the Informer:
019-harry-potter-expansion-universal-studios-florida-03-27-13-8296-oi-550x309.jpg

019-harry-potter-expansion-universal-studios-florida-03-27-13-8340-oi-550x309.jpg

The first one seems to give a better look at this entrance, if I'm correct :shrug:

EDIT: The article references our little tunnel mock up of the once-thought covered KA as being true... teehee.

Last edited:
Wow, reading the books now (on 6)... I have come to understand why millions treat this park like a visit to Mecca. Grimmauld (and its peculiar inhabitants) is far more important than a viewer of the movies is lead to believe.

^ why is there a doorway on the second floor of the left building... leading to the area above the entrance area? For servicing an effect perhaps?

Last edited:
Wow, reading the books now (on 6)... I have come to understand why millions treat this park like a visit to Mecca. Grimmauld (and its peculiar inhabitants) is far more important than a viewer of the movies is lead to believe.

^ why is there a doorway on the second floor of the left building... leading to the area above the entrance area? For servicing an effect perhaps?

Oooooh, that means you just finished up reading OotP. I've been meaning to re-re-read that one (my favorite) but dont want all the sad-feels and man cry all over the place again when... well, you know. No spoilers here. But you're RIGHT ON THE MONEY about Grimmauld place. It's not going to be a building facade. That SOB is going to be a monument honoring the Order and it's fallen members. :drama:

EDIT: Wow, I didn't even notice that, Teebin. Good find. Maybe a small crosswalk over the path below? That could work in with your effect service theory?

Last edited:
Sorry for all of the consecutive posts, but I didn't realize how huge OI's update was. Here's just a few more to fuel the King's Cross debate:
019-harry-potter-expansion-universal-studios-florida-03-27-13-8292-oi.jpg

019-harry-potter-expansion-universal-studios-florida-03-27-13-8285-oi.jpg

019-harry-potter-expansion-universal-studios-florida-03-27-13-8313-oi.jpg

And whats up with the black bric wall in the last pic? Is it just me or does it look pretty clean? HTF, any word on what this could be? Looks too fancied up to me.

Exactly. So many important things are left out of the movies. That's why so many people say the books are better, because there are so many other little things that are a big deal in the books and in the movies are just a setting or a character that never truly describe or show the importance of them.

I would guess that.

My shot at trying to figure things out
c6ace83c954787c1f0957ba02290c36b_zps93bc0061.jpg

I think you are correct. So, it looks like we might have the main and magical entrance from Leaky, and secondary plain, or non-magical entrances/exits through Wyndham's Theater?

Status
Not open for further replies.