Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

King Kong Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving how quickly Universal is getting this going, Diagon isn't even open yet and we're making some early progress on Kongstruction.

Long time lurker, first (real) comment lol. I'm really excited for this project. It will really show what the New Universal Creative can do outside Potter. Is it going to be as amazing as the rumors or is it going to be a show building that sticks out and doesn't quite fit in like Transformers? I'm also curious how the entrance to this area will be. Do you think Jurassic Park and Skull Island will be their own islands or do you think they will go the route of Universal Singapore and have one "Lost World" with Jurassic Park and Skull Island as sub lands.

Long time lurker, first (real) comment lol. I'm really excited for this project. It will really show what the New Universal Creative can do outside Potter. Is it going to be as amazing as the rumors or is it going to be a show building that sticks out and doesn't quite fit in like Transformers? I'm also curious how the entrance to this area will be. Do you think Jurassic Park and Skull Island will be their own islands or do you think they will go the route of Universal Singapore and have one "Lost World" with Jurassic Park and Skull Island as sub lands.

It should be a fully theme show building, according to the rumors. And Hatetofly's original report said Kong would be seperate from Jurassic Park

Welcome!
First off..you're avatar makes me sad..good ole Enchanted Oak

Second..As of right now we are in the dark, but wishful thinking (for me at least) is to have it be 'lost world'

^^ I can't answer your questions (although I like to think the answers will all be positive ones!) however I can and must congratulate you on an excellent avatar!

Edit - Snap s38 haha! :)

Welcome!

And I'd guess a pretty elaborate temple facade from what has been rumored. Shaping up to be a great addition to IOA! Can't say I'd want Lost World since Kong will be one ride only. Should just be separate

Welcome brotha, awesome pick for your avatar!!! I'm hoping the temple fits in with the jungle and able to see from the waterfront, I'm still wondering what they'll do with the JP gates though

Thanks assh**es you made me do a spit take on my iPad, well done :lol: but anyways I'm definitely curious about the merch of this ride, what the hell are you going to sell besides kong stuffed animals?

Thanks assh**es you made me do a spit take on my iPad, well done :lol: but anyways I'm definitely curious about the merch of this ride, what the hell are you going to sell besides kong stuffed animals?

Well Bananas in Pajamas of course!! :p don't forget Donkey Kong :lol:

Really, I could see Kong hands being a hit with little kids. Maybe collectible, detailed models of Skull Island? Obviously, clothes and the usual stuff. I mean the unique banana-themed food and beverages in a food cart would probably be enough as far as unique goes. But I'd reckon Universal Creative has some great merch idea we never even thought of.

Well Bananas in Pajamas of course!! :p don't forget Donkey Kong :lol:

Really, I could see Kong hands being a hit with little kids. Maybe collectible, detailed models of Skull Island? Obviously, clothes and the usual stuff. I mean the unique banana-themed food and beverages in a food cart would probably be enough as far as unique goes. But I'd reckon Universal Creative has some great merch idea we never even thought of.
I don't know about bananas in pajamas but if they made banana pajamas I'll definitely buy that. Kong hands would be awesome. Can anybody who's been on the original kongfrontation tell me what they had at that gift shop?

I remember that lol, oh late 90s pre school TV. How incredibly weird you became in the passing stages of our lifes

Teletubbies, Blue's Clues, Bananas in Pajamas, Gullah Gullah Island, so out there :lol: only Yo Gabba Gabba gives similar vibes today.

But thankfully Kong isn't weird :lol:

I can see Kong busts and maybe an Empire State Building coin bank with Kong hanging off of it. As well as a bag of miniature plastic toys of the bugs and or other creatures from the ride, V-Rex toys, rubber toys of the dinosaurs, plush Kongs with roaring sound effects, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.