Project 727 | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 727

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be bold, but anyone who is against this project has unrealistic expectations for its goals. No, this will not be an E-ticket. No, this will not be a food/bev/merch machine. This probably won't even get much of an ad campaign.

Synergy, synergy, synergy. It will show off Jimmy's talents and likability to unbeknownst park-goers; it will be a fun, shiny new thing to replace an old, dilapidated thing in the park; it will get Jimmy to do his show at Universal hopefully annually, drawing crowds to the parks while advertising to those not at the parks.

It's a business move, but that doesn't mean that it will be poor of quality. It will spruce up the New York area and provide a family-friendly thrill, on the level of a Soarin' or Toy Story Mania, which Universal desperately needs. It's win-win-win all around.

Some of his YouTube videos alone have like over 50 million views. I think.. I think some people know who he is.

I have no problem with Jimmy Fallon having an attraction. I love the guy. My main gripe is that its another screen-based one.

I just don't get it, I don't get it at all, maybe it is lost in translation but a ride/attraction based on a talk show and it's host. really?

I love what Uni has been doing over the last few years and am genuinely excited for the future, but I really cannot see what the attraction is with this attraction I am certainly not attracted to it. This is one project I have little to no interest in following, never mind riding, surely they have better options to base this ride system on.

I don't usually bash Uni, as I stated I love what they have been doing recently. I am a huge fan who travels over 4000+ miles a year (sometimes twice a year) to visit, but on this occasion they have left me scratching my head, maybe I am being short sighted or missing the bigger picture but as it stands I am unimpressed.

Quotes I used were taken at random and by no means chosen to single anybody out :thumbs:

While I don't know for sure, I more think this will be "Something Something" presented by Jimmy Fallon. That he might only appear in the queue videos with funny safety quips and goofy observations about NYC. I can't imagine this will include Fallon in the presentation.

I believe this might be quite good if the flight system can tilt towards the screen at least 45° or possibly even more with seats that tilt horz. as the floor is raised. I am mostly perplexed because the current system being used seems such a waste of (floor) space, compared to the Vekoma system.

I do know with 100% certainty that this will be 3D and that the main entrance will have a deco Rock Center feel to it.

How is that for a person who went berserk a few weeks ago upon hearing info regarding the flight system being used. :smiley:

Reactions: maxairmike
I do know with 100% certainty that this will be 3D and that the main entrance will have a deco Rock Center feel to it.

How is that for a person who went berserk a few weeks ago upon hearing info regarding the flight system being used. :smiley:

Many thanks, because the facade is what intrigues me the most out of this project (weird, I know.) I'm excited to see New York look like New York if they really are gonna bring 30 Rock to the Twister facade.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The one thing that I'm really excited about this new attraction is the facade! I love the idea of a theming upgrade in the New York Area (Twister's Soundstage looks horribly out of place in there).

Challenge Task: Design a D Ticket attraction based on "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon". Use a "Flying Theater" ride system. Make it funny. Make it happen. Go!

Challenge Task: Design a D Ticket attraction based on "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon". Use a "Flying Theater" ride system. Make it funny. Make it happen. Go!
Seems pretty easy to me! And UC has proven time and time again that they can work with the IP holders/creatives. I'm sure there's at least one theme park nerd on the Tonight Show staff chomping at the bit to help.

Geez with the critics in this thread. We know next to nothing about this. Does UC have a reputation for producing garbage, or high quality attractions? Have a little faith, why don't ya?

Geez with the critics in this thread. We know next to nothing about this. Does UC have a reputation for producing garbage, or high quality attractions? Have a little faith, why don't ya?

Because it's a pretty lame concept. I'm not saying it can't be good, but it's just not exciting in the least.

But you don't even know what it is yet? Why rob yourself that opportunity?

I live in New York City. Born and raised. If this is a Fly Past The Manhattan Tourist Attractions With Jimmy Fallon ride, I have no interest. I don't like Jimmy Fallon, I don't find him funny, and pardon me for not getting any thrill flying though the neighborhood I literally just left when I land in Orlando. I know New York is iconic, and I get the idea of it being fun for people who don't live here to experience this sort of attraction, but it's simply not for me. I can enjoy New York themed attractions (like the old Kong) or even New York based sections of the park, but a motion simulator where I fly down 5th Ave isn't for me. The only worst simulator would be The NYC Subway Experience.

But the urine sentsorama would be so cool...

It would be. But if you want the full NYC subway experience, I fear the smell of urine alone would not be authentic. There are countless other smells that mix together to create a real genuine experience. That and crowed trains, delays and the non-stop rising price of fares.

Sadly, I don't think Universal could turn that into an attraction, at least not a super realistic one, but if Universal Creative wants a man who can help create such an experience, I'm their guy! :thumbsup:

Hello, my name is Teebin.

Park Ave will soon have the look of 49th St. NYC

p1105557050-3.jpg

You are most welcome. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.