Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 245 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these white slides coming from the Volcano or are they stand-alone slides?
View attachment 3572

They are stand alone slides. I've actually been trying to figure out which ones. The closest thing they match is "Runamukka Reef: Three stories tall, a water fortress with its own small slides." however, they're in the wrong section of the park. They are essentially in the Krakatu section of the park. So in other words I'm 99% sure it's an unannounced attraction. The slides seem geared toward a younger crowd based on their size. Maybe a kids play area for parents to wait with kids while the other parent rides the drop slides ? Not really sure.

Here's a look at those slides we're discussing, taken from a screenshot in the video, so we can see how far away they actually are from the volcano:

01519.MTS_.Still001.jpg

Photo showing slides on very left of image, and volcano slides to its right:

P1090086.jpg

Here's a look at those slides we're discussing, taken from a screenshot in the video, so we can see how far away they actually are from the volcano:

01519.MTS_.Still001.jpg

Photo showing slides on very left of image, and volcano slides to its right:

P1090086.jpg
Awesome! Thanks for getting those screenshots. The metal work makes me wonder about the theming for those slides.

Looking like Universal & Disney are dueling big time to one up each other on their blockbuster openings (VB versus Pandora). Disney is reportedly diverting workers from other projects to get Pandora done quicker. My guess is that Universal will push for the earliest soft opening timetable they can achieve so they can beat Disney to the finish line & reap the publicity bonanza.
I'm not sure why Disney is doing such. Disney has nothing to worry about. Avatar is going to be wayyyy more popular than a water park that discourages individual tickets.

I'm not sure why Disney is doing such. Disney has nothing to worry about. Avatar is going to be wayyyy more popular than a water park that discourages individual tickets.

I think this is a difficult one to compare but the overall impression I get is that most people are more excited for VB than Avatar.

This is another step into making Universal more of a one stop resort which should worry Disney.

Reactions: tielo and Mad Dog
I wasn't that excited when SeaWorld was building Aquatica, but now it's my favorite water park and I visit it practically weekly during the summer.

Way back when, I specifically purchased the multi-park annual pass to include it because I liked it so much after a free day came with my Discovery Cove ticket.

I think VB may be one of those things Universal offers as an add-on to multi-day tickets that people end up enjoying so much it becomes a must-visit park every time they visit Orlando in the future.

I wasn't that excited when SeaWorld was building Aquatica, but now it's my favorite water park and I visit it practically weekly during the summer.

Way back when, I specifically purchased the multi-park annual pass to include it because I liked it so much after a free day came with my Discovery Cove ticket.

I think VB may be one of those things Universal offers as an add-on to multi-day tickets that people end up enjoying so much it becomes a must-visit park every time they visit Orlando in the future.
Yep, I think that's going to happen. The buzz around this park is more than even I expected. They're going to need every on site hotel room they can get. They're 90% full now (per Universal's own statement). With more extended stays once VB opens, rooms will get even tighter. Tourists that were spending a couple of days on site can easily stretch it to 5 days or a week when VB opens. ...Of course, I've been a crazy fan for a while with my three to four weeks onsite every year. But that's definitely the exception.

Yep, I think that's going to happen. The buzz around this park is more than even I expected. They're going to need every on site hotel room they can get. They're 90% full now (per Universal's own statement). With more extended stays once VB opens, rooms will get even tighter. Tourists that were spending a couple of days on site can easily stretch it to 5 days or a week when VB opens. ...Of course, I've been a crazy fan for a while with my three to four weeks onsite every year. But that's definitely the exception.

To add to this slightly, I think Universal are going to see a huge benefit of having their hotels so close to the parks. CB, SF and Aventurea once it opens are all a small walk away which makes the hotels even better value.

In the call today, Comcast officials stated quite boldly that Volcano Bay will be the world's best water park.

I feel like, in reality, this may be slightly difficult to achieve. The nearby sight lines of Orlando neighborhoods, highways, and I-Drive could pull a lot of guests out of the immersion. Something to consider.

I feel like, in reality, this may be slightly difficult to achieve. The nearby sight lines of Orlando neighborhoods, highways, and I-Drive could pull a lot of guests out of the immersion. Something to consider.

The drop zone area on top of the Volcano will be facing towards the resort and not I-Drive, and the other smaller towers will have some type of block to limit wat guests see outside of the park.
Also, you won't be spending that much time looking around since you'll be going directly to the slide itself with a minimal wait.

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
Historically what has the deal been with prices for softs for a new park? Are they as they are intending to set the day rate or discounted since there is no guarantee everything will be up and running?

Status
Not open for further replies.