Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

A new Donkey Kong game would be cool. The last one, Tropical Freeze was supposed to be really good.

A port of Smash Bros, if not a new Smash Bros completely. But I see that going the way of Mario Kart. Same game with all the DLC.

I've also been waiting years for a proper Banjo Kazooie sequel. They're making some kind of "spiritual successor" but it's not the same. The first one is one of my favorite games of all time. Didn't have any interest in the Nuts and Bolts concept they came out with on 360 either.

I often wonder, when it comes to graphic quality, how much people really take note of things, especially concerning high vs medium settings for light, shadows, texture etc.

I think Xenoblade Chronicles X might get ported as well, in any case, it is a nice list of upcoming games and there should be a lot more that will be announced by third parties once the Switch is out. Nintendo will probably have a great E3 as well.

A new Donkey Kong game would be cool. The last one, Tropical Freeze was supposed to be really good.

A port of Smash Bros, if not a new Smash Bros completely. But I see that going the way of Mario Kart. Same game with all the DLC.

I've also been waiting years for a proper Banjo Kazooie sequel. They're making some kind of "spiritual successor" but it's not the same. The first one is one of my favorite games of all time. Didn't have any interest in the Nuts and Bolts concept they came out with on 360 either.
Tropical Freeze was very good but I'm ready for Metroid. It's been nearly a decade since the last good one.

A Smash Bros. port should not only include all DLC but also all other content of the Wii U and 3DS versions combined. Then a new one down the line.

Banjo Kazooie is owned by Microsoft so it's not happening any time soon.
I often wonder, when it comes to graphic quality, how much people really take note of things, especially concerning high vs medium settings for light, shadows, texture etc.

I think Xenoblade Chronicles X might get ported as well, in any case, it is a nice list of upcoming games and there should be a lot more that will be announced by third parties once the Switch is out. Nintendo will probably have a great E3 as well.
One third party game that absolutely should be ported is Grand Theft Auto 5. The game is insanely popular and is quickly on its way to becoming the best selling video game of all time. A port for the Switch that you can play anywhere could be a potential system seller. Plus they only stand to gain from it due to how much money the other versions of the game have printed already.

To those who think GTA would be too out there for a Nintendo portable I give you Exhibit A:
Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20-%20Chinatown%20Wars%20(USA)%20(En,Fr,De,Es,It).jpg

If there is a time that I am getting VERY curious about, it's going to be the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) this year.

There is a lot riding on the Switch's success, as they can get a lot of third party support very easily come E3 with many games for the console being announced at the expo, or they may not get as much; and it'll be primarly Nintendo announcing things. If I was to say does get announced..

• Retro Studios Property (Prime 3 or whatever it may be, no Gameplay anywhere)
  • Super Mario Odyssey (Full Gameplay at Expo and potentially for certain retailers during the week)
  • Pokemon (Full announcement with gameplay at the expo)
  • Splatoon 2 (trailer to launch the title)
  • Release date on FWW, with Gameplay at Expo (Fire Emblem Warriors)
  • the first look at the Fire Emblem Switch title (vague tease like how BoTW was, no Gameplay Anywhere)
  • Something unexpected from the first party group of Nintendo (Could be anything like Smash or Animal Crossing)
  • Third Party Support of Some Kind (big or small, depending on switch success)

If there is a time that I am getting VERY curious about, it's going to be the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) this year.

There is a lot riding on the Switch's success, as they can get a lot of third party support very easily come E3 with many games for the console being announced at the expo, or they may not get as much; and it'll be primarly Nintendo announcing things. If I was to say does get announced..

• Super Mario Odyssey (Full Gameplay at Expo and potentially for certain retailers during the week)
  • the first look at the Fire Emblem Switch title (vague tease like how BoTW was, no Gameplay Anywhere)
  • Something unexpected from the first party group of Nintendo (Could be anything like Smash or Animal Crossing)
Prime 3 came out in 2007 ;)

That seems to be an old concept based around their cellphones, I don't think PS wants to create any more portables at this point. /hugs my Vita

So I'm back on the OMG SWITCH bandwagon. Financially I'm good and in March I'll be free for a bit so I changed my pre-order to ship to where I'll be in March and pre-ordered Breath of the Wild.

That seems to be an old concept based around their cellphones, I don't think PS wants to create any more portables at this point. /hugs my Vita

So I'm back on the OMG SWITCH bandwagon. Financially I'm good and in March I'll be free for a bit so I changed my pre-order to ship to where I'll be in March and pre-ordered Breath of the Wild.
If it's any consolation the Switch seems as much of a pseudo Vita successor as it is a Direct Wii U/3DS successor when it comes to third parties.

If I remembered correctly; someone once said back before it was announced that the Switch would be able to be ported very easily for games. So in reality, I am not surprised that Capcom is trying to port RE7 in at least some build, and depending on the success of the Switch; it may not be impossible to see it come into play.

If I remembered correctly; someone once said back before it was announced that the Switch would be able to be ported very easily for games. So in reality, I am not surprised that Capcom is trying to port RE7 in at least some build, and depending on the success of the Switch; it may not be impossible to see it come into play.
Thanks. So there is at least a very vague little hope for Resident Evil. I have to say, I think RE7 would be very tricky to get on the Switch. Last week I had a quick play with the PC demo of it, and it is very power hungry.
It seems like it's just talk of the engine and not the game. Remember, despite the name they're not only using it on RE games.

It seems like it's just talk of the engine and not the game. Remember, despite the name they're not only using it on RE games.
RE7 is the first to use the engine though, not? Don't all prior RE games use MT engine? It definitely would be useful if they can get the Re engine to run properly on the Switch.

These last few weeks I've been having fun playing RE Revelations on WiiU. I finished it before and am just enjoying the RAID-mode now (solo-play). There are some points there where the limitations of the WiiU are obvious, as when there are many enemies at once, gameplay sometimes feels a little glitchy.

RE7 is the first to use the engine though, not? Don't all prior RE games use MT engine? It definitely would be useful if they can get the Re engine to run properly on the Switch.

These last few weeks I've been having fun playing RE Revelations on WiiU. I finished it before and am just enjoying the RAID-mode now (solo-play). There are some points there where the limitations of the WiiU are obvious, as when there are many enemies at once, gameplay sometimes feels a little glitchy.
It is the first game to use it but they haven't said anything about the game itself coming, just the engine.

I must admit, I jumped up and had a mini party when I saw this. Resident Evil 7 Switch is slowly becoming a reality!

Whilst this may be wishful thinking, It should be noted that there were leaks/rumours that Resident Evil 7 was coming awhile ago, yet Capcom denied this. I have a feeling to hold off for a little event named E3?

Sounds good... but minor nitpick. Game Freak almost always announces their new Pokemon titles around April or May, with them giving a bit more of information a few weeks later at E3. Sun and Moon's official reveal and the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire reveals were like that, for example. I'm guessing the same will happen this year.

Sounds good... but minor nitpick. Game Freak almost always announces their new Pokemon titles around April or May, with them giving a bit more of information a few weeks later at E3. Sun and Moon's official reveal and the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire reveals were like that, for example. I'm guessing the same will happen this year.
There's a perfect ad I've had in my head for when Pokémon hits the Switch. It follows two friends who started playing Pokémon on the GameBoy and with each successive new hardware generation asking the question everyone had been asking since the beginning, "when will they make Pokémon for the TV?"

We then come to the present. One of them is holding a Switch playing Pokémon Stars and looks at his friend and smiles. He slowly puts the system in the dock...

(Skip to 1:02)

A full main Pokémon game jumps to life on the TV, finally.

Then the commercial ends with the same narrator as other Switch ads.

"The dream is finally real. Pokémon Stars, only on Nintendo Switch."