Cyberpunk 2077 | Inside Universal Forums

Cyberpunk 2077

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 7, 2016
Riding Lightning Rod

Cyberpunk 2077 is a narrative-driven, open world RPG set in the most vibrant and dangerous metropolis of the future — Night City. You play as V, a hired gun on the rise, who just got their first serious contract. In a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate life-hackers, today is your first step to becoming an urban legend.

Cyberpunk 2077 is set in the same universe as Mike Pondsmith's classic pen & paper RPG system, Cyberpunk 2020.

People cannot stop talking about this game at E3, it's easily the game of the event. I am so pumped for this.

Yeah, everything I have seen has been nothing but praise for what CD Projekt Red has come up with in this game, and honestly, I am extremely jealous that people got the chance to take part in the demo early, as everything that people are saying, is incredible. Extremely excited about this new game from them, and I hope we get some gameplay later in the year at-least.

Reactions: Magic-Man

giphy.gif

What makes me so giddy, is how this truely feels as if they are finally going into a level of roleplay and customization that can be seen in crap like D&D5E (or even Cyberpunk 2020).

This game, even from 48 minutes of footage; is a day one. The amount of things you can do and become, is staggering; and the fact that it's a small fraction of time, in an RPG like game; makes me completely sold.

Just finished watching the gameplay demo. My God, the driving looks on point, the mechanics looks great, and the voice acting is outstanding! I'm speechless.

I'm glad you brought up the VA work, as it sounds to me in the video; that FV will be played by Cherami Leigh. And for context, she is notable in gaming for A2 in Nier Automata, Makoto Nijima (bae) in Persona 5, and Caeda from more recently Fire Emblem Heroes and Fire Emblem Warriors. She also does a lot of Vocal Work with Funimation too (and Bang Zoom).

Message from the last frame of the video:

"Sorry to have kept you waiting for this for so long!

Did you like what you saw? Because for us, the fact that we're finally showing you Cyberpunk 2077 is HUGE. Please go to our forums, twitter, facebook, discord, and do tell what you think. Is the game world how you imagined? Do you see what we meant by "immersion" when we talked about CP2077 being an FPP RPG? How does our vision of "cyberpunk by day" make you feel? We really want to know.

Aside from that, we think we owe you a few words of explanation on why we're showing you this gameplay now, some time after industry professionals and media saw it at E3 and gamescom.

Each time we discussed the idea of showing the game to you (and we discussed this idea a lot), we were ending up in this "we're not 100% sure" limbo. Why? Because (for most people), when a game dev shows gameplay footage from their game, it means that this is how the game is going to look or play like. It's not the case here. Cyberpunk 2077 is deep in development. We have a lot of design ideas, a lot of mechanics being playtested, but we don't know what we'll end up with at launch. This makes publishing videos like what you just saw risky --we don't want gamers saying 'but in that previous video that gun was shooting differently', or 'why did you change the interface?'. Change is inherent to game development and there's a ton of things being modified each day. Our fear was (and kind of still is) that you'll think what you just saw is how Cyberpunk 2077 will look like 1:1.

What gave us that extra confidence to show you a work in progress game? Good initial feedback from people who are accustomed to see games at various stages of development. What they told us (and they told us they really liked what they saw) gave us the boost we needed to show the current version of Cyberpunk 2077 to the most passionate and insightful audience --you.

So... here's what Cyberpunk 2077 looks like today (or rather looked like when we recorded the video). We sincerely hope you liked it.

Again, thank you for your patience and all the thoughts you shared with us.

Yours,

CD PROJEKT RED"

After watching the video:

Meeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It looks fine. Special? Not really. Good? Probably. As of now I'm waiting to see the final product.

Don’t get why Fallout and Smash make the list, but I’m really looking forward to Red Dead. Isn’t Sekiro similar to Dark Souls?

Fallout is Fallout. Next to Zelda it's probably my favorite gaming world. Smash is the most fun multiplayer game out there.

Sekiro is from FromSoft, yes. Dark Souls-like in difficulty, if not actual gameplay

this kind of looked like a FPS GTA in the future with RPG stats and loot. I know this sounds odd, but I'm getting "too old" to play some of these "mature" games. I can just see my wife's eyes roll , when I pick up a nude cyborg lady out of a bath tub full of other nude cyborgs.

this kind of looked like a FPS GTA in the future with RPG stats and loot. I know this sounds odd, but I'm getting "too old" to play some of these "mature" games. I can just see my wife's eyes roll , when I pick up a nude cyborg lady out of a bath tub full of other nude cyborgs.
I mean, my eyes rolled at that point. Especially with the "THIS IS A MATURE GAME" voice over going over it

Reactions: rhino4evr