MSHI Expansion? | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They can use X-Men at Universal. There are many characters in the art around the land and Wolverine, Cyclops and Rogue are some of the land’s walkaround characters.

EDIT: And Storm Force Acceletron of course lol.
Ok I thought so, I wonder if they would ever do a full on X-Men ride in or as an expansion? Yeah when I am off and am over at IOA, it seems I always miss Rogue another of my favorites. Yeah not a fan of Storm Force Acceletron, since I got older spinny rides are not my friend at all.

Too much on their plate, new ride tech for Iron Legion didn't work when tested, Disney looking over their shoulder so more emphasis placed on updating and upgrading... Take your pick.

Personally, I'm glad they upgraded Spider-Man when they did rather than add another ride. I can't believe how much better it is now.
They could’ve done the upgrade and add a new ride.

It does seem like two years ago they were replaced... I have always assumed all of the graphics in MSHI were printed on some material.

It will be regular old sign vinyl judging by how perfect the dirt is left behind. Currently in the market for a new printer/cutter just now. Looking at this one if you feel so intrigued:

Man, reading the first couple pages of this thread makes me depressed. Why in the world hasn't there been a Marvel expansion yet?

I think the truth is is that MSHI simply doesn’t need one. I see the whole strike while the iron is hot point and I share your frustration.

Maybe they are upgrading their looks? Adding Stan Lee?

That would be a nice touch.

It is odd that they are already re-doing the shards after it was redone within the past 2-3 years. They looked fine to me during my recent visits. Don't wanna get too ahead of myself, but here's hoping.

If they’re not going to add anything new, updating the land to the same style as Spider-Man and Hulk is a good move in the right direction.

It looks like something out the 90s.

Reactions: Mike S and ChrisFL
It is odd that they are already re-doing the shards after it was redone within the past 2-3 years. They looked fine to me during my recent visits. Don't wanna get too ahead of myself, but here's hoping.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Fox purchase - maybe they've been asked to remove or minimize particular characters?

It looks like something out the 90s.

I think that's half of the issue - it's the comics, not the movies, that it's being based on. Are they able to update to the most current comic lines? If so, they could get a bit more cleaned up and "streamlined".

I think that's half of the issue - it's the comics, not the movies, that it's being based on. Are they able to update to the most current comic lines? If so, they could get a bit more cleaned up and "streamlined".
The new Hulk update changed to a more current comic book version, as did some of the characters in the Spider-Man update (Doc Oc’s haircut mainly I think). It’s possible they continue to update art around the land, but personally I’d be bummed to be losing the great works by Adam Kubert.

The new Hulk update changed to a more current comic book version, as did some of the characters in the Spider-Man update (Doc Oc’s haircut mainly I think). It’s possible they continue to update art around the land, but personally I’d be bummed to be losing the great works by Adam Kubert.
Wonder if Adam would consider coming back in...that could be a cool draw for some people.

Now that I think about it, as awesome as the new Hulk statue is, I kinda miss that flat that used to be by the ride entrance showing Banner transforming into the Hulk. Was really cool and felt very comic booky.

Yay!

Before anyone wastes their time like I did, it is exactly the same as before. I compared these pics to pics I took earlier this year.
Glad you took the time to do so because I was about to do the same! I was hoping they'd slip a Stan Lee in there somewhere.

On a semi-related note, do we think they'll add some kind of tribute to Stan Lee in MSHI somewhere? Perhaps a statue like the Lew Wasserman one over on the Studios side? Or even a smaller easter egg such as a desk nameplate on one of the ones in the queue?

Reactions: truejonas
Glad you took the time to do so because I was about to do the same! I was hoping they'd slip a Stan Lee in there somewhere.

On a semi-related note, do we think they'll add some kind of tribute to Stan Lee in MSHI somewhere? Perhaps a statue like the Lew Wasserman one over on the Studios side? Or even a smaller easter egg such as a desk nameplate on one of the ones in the queue?
He does appear six times on Spider-Man ride and has the street named after him already.

EDIT: And a couple references in the new Hulk queue.

4188C1AB-4230-4983-AA38-AEA3FB6120B5.jpeg

Reactions: natespf and Mike S