Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd say 2016 was the first. (Halloween II and AHS)

Ahh, I forgot about that!

Nonetheless, I feel like last year is going to be the most Halloween-feeling year in a while, with the two mazes and the TrT scarezone., plus the Classic Monsters.

For some reason I always thought Killer Klowns was set on Halloween.

Honestly, it feels like it should be. Maybe for the sequel, lol.

Reactions: chris.g
Speaking of Klowns...

I know I pointed out awhile ago that I didn't want to see Klowns in 3D but I gotta say after thinking about it I think there's a chance it may happen.

(Not sure if he is referring to Would like to give a Comedy maze a shot again or Evil Dead Maze)

Like certain things already work for the 3D aspect (The Tent from Beginning, Polka Dots from Police Station, Carnival at the end of the film). And although I wouldn't want this I kinda see it being hugely tempting and possible since Klowns isn't really a dark and non colorful property to begin with. Additionally I feel as though Orlando may do their maze in 3D and I feel as though we would follow suit. Which could also be a Trick as well because most people wouldn't expect a 3D maze this year.

Speaking of Klowns...

I know I pointed out awhile ago that I didn't want to see Klowns in 3D but I gotta say after thinking about it I think there's a chance it may happen.

(Not sure if he is referring to Would like to give a Comedy maze a shot again or Evil Dead Maze)

Like certain things already work for the 3D aspect (The Tent from Beginning, Polka Dots from Police Station, Carnival at the end of the film). And although I wouldn't want this I kinda see it being hugely tempting and possible since Klowns isn't really a dark and non colorful property to begin with. Additionally I feel as though Orlando may do their maze in 3D and I feel as though we would follow suit. Which could also be a Trick as well because most people wouldn't expect a 3D maze this year.

Is there talk about Killer Klownz being 3d at Orlando? I wouldn't mind, but it would be a little strange.

(Side note: this trailer just came out and it looks like a prime candidate for a future Horrors of Netflix

)

Reactions: Theme Park Stuff
Is there talk about Killer Klownz being 3d at Orlando? I wouldn't mind, but it would be a little strange.
There have been a lot of mentions of it being 3D or how it's likely that Klowns could be 3D. Again I wouldn't want it but I see it as likely. Seeing as though the Klowns doesn't fit the standard dark and claustrophobic maze atmosphere.

Part of me feels Murdy would wanna wait for the reboot of Candyman, given that it's a lot closer to fruition than Trick 'r Treat 2 and the Hellraiser reboot (the latter projects he originally wanted to wait to be released before giving in to audiences pleas, at least for TrT that is).

Part of me feels Murdy would wanna wait for the reboot of Candyman, given that it's a lot closer to fruition than Trick 'r Treat 2 and the Hellraiser reboot (the latter projects he originally wanted to wait to be released before giving in to audiences pleas, at least for TrT that is).

Haha, of course.

If we do get Us this year, it would be a very good sign that Candyman is coming

As far as I know it seems Murdy will likely pull a TrT on Hellraiser; in that he just wanted to do it now instead of wait for a sequel that’ll likely not happen anytime soon

Do we know if it's likely we'll get the soundstage again + is it at all possible to have two soundstage mazes this year (Stranger Things 2 and Haunting of Hill House)?
It really depands. Because ST2 will most likely get the same location as before. And Haunting could get SS747 which would make sense.

Which they finished in November 2017 for their last episode of Season 6. So as far as anyone using SS747 I don't know. But I think it's possible.
Haunting will probably need a Soundstage for some of the bigger sets and possibly some original gags and effects/ideas.

"Scripts" - Possibly for Blumhouse 3?

It really depands. Because ST2 will most likely get the same location as before. And Haunting could get SS747 which would make sense.

Which they finished in November 2017 for their last episode of Season 6. So as far as anyone using SS747 I don't know. But I think it's possible.
Haunting will probably need a Soundstage for some of the bigger sets and possibly some original gags and effects/ideas.

Haunting feels like a soundstage maze if ever there was one. Big sets, lighting effects, ghosts appearing from behind scrims...

But then, so does Stranger Things 2. Hawkins, the iconic mind-flayer scene with the kids on the bike...

Weren't there rumors about the mummy queue getting scrapped? A second sound stage could do alot to even out the crowds.

"Scripts" - Possibly for Blumhouse 3?

Devil's advocate: he could just be doing multiple new properties at once and just received the scripts for them. But yeah, that's totally Blumhouse.

Not sure if anyone has brought it up. But has anyone brought up Rob Zombie's 3 from Hell as a possibility? It's been a while since Rob Zombie has been at the event and it is a future 2019 film which could be one of the scripts. Could be Trilogy maze with HOTC, The Devil's Rejects, and 3 from Hell.

Not sure if anyone has brought it up. But has anyone brought up Rob Zombie's 3 from Hell as a possibility? It's been a while since Rob Zombie has been at the event and it is a future 2019 film which could be one of the scripts. Could be Trilogy maze with HOTC, The Devil's Rejects, and 3 from Hell.

If they were to do that, as the way to bring back HoTC for Orlando, per say..then maybe that may correlate.

Add in the Rob Zombie name, and you may have something if you combine the trilogy for marketing..but, it could be more of a risk; especially in the case of Devils Rejects (and not as knowing for 3 from Hell)

HoTC would be awesome to see brought back. Devil’s Rejects would be cool to see to the event, but I wouldn’t be that excited to see 3 From Hell. But, if last year taught me anything it’s that literally ANYTHING is better than ToD, Unfriended, and The First Purge(even though the first two translated well).

On another note I’m curious to see the potential curveballs this year. The lineup usually leaks in February or January and then a curveball comes and changes all of the speculation