Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I"m a little nervous if Pokemon is part of the new park it won't be as epic as it would be if added to USF or IOA, as it can just be added as a random one off attraction to a brand new park.

Am I the only one who has never heard of She-Ra?
I haven't personally. I also don't have Netflix but I tend to at least here about some of their popular shows. Seems cool though

I"m a little nervous if Pokemon is part of the new park it won't be as epic as it would be if added to USF or IOA, as it can just be added as a random one off attraction to a brand new park.

I think of it this way, they have an entire new park to build it in, while they have a select space available in USF. I feel like if anything Im more excited its in FW because they would have more space to do what they want with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah almost forgot, Mario and Pokémon in the same park are going to make things incredibly lopsided. Those two things are absolutely huge and would’ve better served as separate draws. If something just had to be paired with one of these it should’ve been Zelda. Now if all three are in the new park there’s almost no incentive for an uber Nintendo fan to ever leave that one park. Sure there’s a good chance there’s crossover with Harry Potter but if they’re there mostly for Nintendo why not save money with a one park pass?

Its one aspect where it can be argued, that they won't spend money at other parks. Won't matter because I'm pretty sure UFW will be so immersive that it will be a multi-day park just within each area
Remember the goal of this park isn't to spread people across the campus. Universal wants to become a week-long vacation location.

Yea they can do it by spreading people out or they can use a blank canvas with no limitations for size or sight lines from other areas and everything to make the most immersive area in the theme park world that will keep those Nintendo fanboys buying up all the multi day passes and annual passes they can. Also with more size you can prevent things like what we saw Hogsmeade opening day because you will have so much more space and the fact people will still want to try everything.

Lets go back to some of the earlier statements by insiders where Universal was going to make the HUB free and each area its on turnstile making each area its own theme park essentially. Based on those statements alone, it made me believe that each land was immersive and jammed pack with entertainment, you would be able to do one or two in a day and still not do everything. Obviously if Universal is pushing to put what it seems all Nintendo in one park, they truly do believe that what they are doing with the other IPs are just as strong

I think maybe the biggest reason why Pokemon and nothing has gone to Kidzone is the deals made with the IP owners. If Uni has a WWOHP like deal with Nintendo couldn't it effect some of the logistics for HHN with another area they couldn't put a houses/scarezones in? Last year didn't Kidzone hold two houses? For an event that gets more popular every year, capacity for a huge money making event probably was more important than just selling one day park to park tickets.

Lastly Pokemon Company already got huge multiday twitter trending pushback from fans just because the upcoming game won't support all the old Pokemon for other generations. That alone should be a statement that means whatever Universal wants to do is still probably too small and the last thing you want to do is piss off the Hardcore fans because while the average fan spends money, the hardcore fans are a decent and consistent revenue stream.

Last edited:
Its one aspect where it can be argued, that they won't spend money at other parks. Won't matter because I'm pretty sure UFW will be so immersive that it will be a multi-day park just within each area
Remember the goal of this park isn't to spread people across the campus. Universal wants to become a week-long vacation location.

Yea they can do it by spreading people out or they can use a blank canvas with no limitations for size or sight lines from other areas and everything to make the most immersive area in the theme park world that will keep those Nintendo fanboys buying up all the multi day passes and annual passes they can. Also with more size you can prevent things like what we saw Hogsmeade opening day because you will have so much more space and the fact people will still want to try everything.

Lets go back to some of the earlier statements by insiders where Universal was going to make the HUB free and each area its on turnstile making each area its own theme park essentially. Based on those statements alone, it made me believe that each land was immersive and jammed pack with entertainment, you would be able to do one or two in a day and still not do everything. Obviously if Universal is pushing to put what it seems all Nintendo in one park, they truly do believe that what they are doing with the other IPs are just as strong

I think maybe the biggest reason why Pokemon and nothing has gone to Kidzone is the deals made with the IP owners. If Uni has a WWOHP like deal with Nintendo couldn't it effect some of the logistics for HHN with another area they couldn't put a houses/scarezones in? Last year didn't Kidzone hold two houses? For an event that gets more popular every year, capacity for a huge money making event probably was more important than just selling one day park to park tickets.

Lastly Pokemon Company already got huge multiday twitter trending pushback from fans just because the upcoming game won't support all the old Pokemon for other generations. That alone should be a statement that means whatever Universal wants to do is still probably too small and the last thing you want to do is piss off the Hardcore fans because while the average fan spends money, the hardcore fans are a decent and consistent revenue stream.
I don't believe any houses are in Kidzone. Just the lines to get to the tent houses in that big backstage plot next to the parade building.

I agree with this, but that’s about as far as this IP is going. I would definitely welcome a She-Ra show there. It’s better than nothing, right?

I donno, man. Didn’t we play this game with F&F?

No, but seriously. I’d welcome any show to IOA, it needs it.

This has all the makings of being a classic that comes out of no where with zero expectations.

If they were to shift Pokemon to FW, maybe it leads to shifting Monsters to the current resort. I think visually, Transylvania would make a good replacement for LC.

Another thought is maybe they are going to put all of the Nintendo properties into FW. It might be their only chance to draw the uber Nintendo fans

out of their parent's basement.... :rimshot:

Anyone heard any whispers about a ‘record breaking’ coaster?

It doesn’t exactly fit into any of the four lands though. Who knows what it is breaking... length?

It doesn’t exactly fit into any of the four lands though. Who knows what it is breaking... length?
The Mack? My guess is just the highest budget coaster Mack has done or something along those lines.

Perhaps you might be confusing parks?

Because Beijing's getting the Mack inverted-pow, from what track and support seem to suggest for the Jurassic World Aviary attraction.

I would separate Pokemon and DK/Mario into different "worlds". Especially since they aren't the same world and never will be.
Are you trying to say that you believe Nintendo and Pokémon will get different dedicated “worlds”

Im all for it but I think it’s about 1000% done that Pokémon will be sectioned within the broader Nintendo “world”

Status
Not open for further replies.