Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poke. Mon.

Gosh darn it, I complain about there not being any rumors, and then as soon as I go offline for the night Alicia drops a bomb. Just my luck :lol:

Oh yeah almost forgot, Mario and Pokémon in the same park are going to make things incredibly lopsided. Those two things are absolutely huge and would’ve better served as separate draws. If something just had to be paired with one of these it should’ve been Zelda. Now if all three are in the new park there’s almost no incentive for an uber Nintendo fan to ever leave that one park. Sure there’s a good chance there’s crossover with Harry Potter but if they’re there mostly for Nintendo why not save money with a one park pass?

I see this argument a lot when people brought this idea up in the past, but I think it makes a lot of sense. What if SNW were to fail somehow? It's good to have a backup plan. And this could be in response to the troubles that the Fantastic Beasts franchise has been having.

So with it seemingly separate from Nintendo, and as of now; no-one has said anything of Monsters being canned..that may indicate that UFW has five lands at the start, as opposed to the four (with Pokemon now seemingly into the card).

In a way, I actually do agree with Lin, perhaps it might be Universal's way of strengthening the park in the case of FB not performing as well with the next film.

Depends on your definition of postponed.

Hm. Could be postponed as in "Well, lets wait and see what we do with this property" and it gets put on the back burner never to be brought up again. Or, its postponed for like 10 years, or is postponed to FW. I remember when the original rumors started I believe the timelines was 2020/2021 so we would've seen construction probably awhile ago. I guess we should've known

So with it seemingly separate from Nintendo, and as of now; no-one has said anything of Monsters being canned..that may indicate that UFW has five lands at the start, as opposed to the four (with Pokemon now seemingly into the card).

In a way, I actually do agree with Lin, perhaps it might be Universal's way of strengthening the park in the case of FB not performing as well with the next film.

I agree re strengthening the lineup but I can't see Pokemon being it's own land, or rather it's own world. It makes more sense for it to be one of maybe 3 or 4 'lands' in SNW. Just like Dreamworks world will have 2 or 3 'lands'

Personally I'd rather see Mario, Donkey Kong and Zelda lands over Pokemon if it comes to it but maybe we get all of them!

I agree re strengthening the lineup but I can't see Pokemon being it's own land, or rather it's own world. It makes more sense for it to be one of maybe 3 or 4 'lands' in SNW. Just like Dreamworks world will have 2 or 3 'lands'

Personally I'd rather see Mario, Donkey Kong and Zelda lands over Pokemon if it comes to it but maybe we get all of them!

Pokemon has more than enough potential to be it's own thing, even if Nintendo has a share of ownership with The Pokemon Company.

It's still one of the largest evergreen properties in entertainment, and could potentially spark some very interesting questions. Some we haven't had since Potter, if I'm being honest; due to just how far the IP goes.

I wouldn't be surprised if DreamWorks World only had one land, that being HTTYD. They won't need a lot in that world if Pokemon is going to be in the park as well (not to mention that @Brian G. sort of hinted at something Scooby-Doo related in the park, if I'm interpreting that correctly).

Pokemon has more than enough potential to be it's own thing, even if Nintendo has a share of ownership with The Pokemon Company.

It's still one of the largest evergreen properties in entertainment, and could potentially spark some very interesting questions. Some we haven't had since Potter, if I'm being honest; due to just how far the IP goes.

Just doesn't stir the same excitement for me personally as Mario, Donkey and Zelda.

I take your point, but still feels odd for it to be it's own World. I'd rather another a totally different world to keep variety in lineup.

I wouldn't be surprised if DreamWorks World only had one land, that being HTTYD. They won't need a lot in that world if Pokemon is going to be in the park as well (not to mention that @Brian G. sort of hinted at something Scooby-Doo related in the park, if I'm interpreting that correctly).

I'd love to see Scooby in the park.

I'll be surprised if Dreamworks is only one land, especially as Universal now own all the IP's. KFP would be the perfect land 2 but I guess that might be restricted by the Beijing deal, unless they do something different with the IP.

I'll be surprised if Dreamworks is only one land, especially as Universal now own all the IP's. KFP would be the perfect land 2 but I guess that might be restricted by the Beijing deal, unless they do something different with the IP.

I thought it was more indicated that DWA would have multiple IP's involved for the case of UFW (with Trolls, HTTYD, and Croods mentioned in past context)?

Based off nothing but what people here have been hinting:

I get the feeling the scope of the park has gotten bigger recently

Y'know, I can buy that at this point. Would definitely explain Pokemon and other IP's (like potentially Scooby-Doo, which I am guessing is partly due to a particular WBA project in the works).

Status
Not open for further replies.