Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it’s funded by the local government and not UOR since it’s only partially or UOR property.
Funded by FDOT through the I-4 Ultimate project. Additional funding for design work from Tax Increment Funding through City of Orlando. Designed in partnership with Universal by the city.

Opening January 2019 according to the project website.

Last edited:
The start date for Kirkman expansion is January of next year.

View attachment 10233
I meant it more generally. Endless Summer is the only project that appears to be on an accelerated schedule; both JP and the T2 replacement currently look to be long and slow construction schedules. They also have a long way to go still on south resort permits, with relatively little recent progress.

As for the Kirkman extension specifically, how far into the referenced 6-9 months are we?

I meant it more generally. Endless Summer is the only project that appears to be on an accelerated schedule; both JP and the T2 replacement currently look to be long and slow construction schedules. They also have a long way to go still on south resort permits, with relatively little recent progress.

As for the Kirkman extension specifically, how far into the referenced 6-9 months are we?
It’s start this coming January, so about -5 months.

There's a lot to work out in that deal, and no real rush to do it. The road doesn't really have to be functional until the park is.

Well, based on a certain tweet quoted in the Blue Sky thread, it looks like we might be getting some "fantastic" news next week. While I have no idea if that's true or not, I figured it was time to share some information I've been digging up that basically confirms at least one land in Fantastic Worlds, (not that it will come as any surprise) and should help with piecing together the larger puzzle that is Project 304.

So first, some brief context/background info. As we know, Universal assigns project numbers to everything. Project 887 was the overall project number for Beijing Park 1. All the lands of the park were separated into zones, and when each zone was sent out to bid, each had its own project number. They used project numbers in the 700 range - for example Project 712 was Jurassic World, I believe.

It appears Universal is doing the same thing for the development of Fantastic Worlds - Project 304 is the main project number for the overall park, and each individual land is getting a 900 series project number. There have already been some 900 series project number permits for the back of house work, as can be seen here:

ojOVg3Q.png

Today, I managed to stumble upon the resume of a Concept Designer who does a lot of work for both Disney and Universal, and they just happened to have a nice long list of all the projects they've worked on for Universal Creative:

qeTm7ey.png

Some of those numbers will look very familiar - others not so much. The most interesting ones to me are Projects 903 and 905. I wasn't able to find much on Project 903, but some people on Linkedin are working on Project 905 and have had some very telling other gigs and live in a very specific part of the world:

7uqhzrO.png

---------------------
e3JWhxF.png

---------------------
Op1125K.png

You may recall a very similar situation happening when Project 722 permits started getting filed - many people with Project 722 listed on their Linkedin's also worked on Harry Potter films and also were working at Leavesden Studios. So I think it's a pretty safe bet that Project 905 is the Fantastic Beasts land in Fantastic Worlds. Again, it's not really anything we didn't already know, but at least we now we have some fairly concrete evidence of its existence, and a project number!

So anyway, I hope some of you find this interesting - I know it doesn't tell us much in the grand scheme of things, but at least we now have specific things to look out for in the future!

Last edited:
Well, based on a certain tweet quoted in the Blue Sky thread, it looks like we might be getting some "fantastic" news next week. While I have no idea if that's true or not, I figured it was time to share some information I've been digging up that basically confirms at least one land in Fantastic Worlds, (not that it will come as any surprise) and should help with piecing together the larger puzzle that is Project 304.

So first, some brief context/background info. As we know, Universal assigns project numbers to everything. Project 887 was the overall project number for Beijing Park 1. All the lands of the park were separated into zones, and when each zone was sent out to bid, each had its own project number. They used project numbers in the 700 range - for example Project 712 was Jurassic World, I believe.

It appears Universal is doing the same thing for the development of Fantastic Worlds - Project 304 is the main project number for the overall park, and each individual land is getting a 900 series project number. There have already been some 900 series project number permits for the back of house work, as can be seen here:

ojOVg3Q.png

Today, I managed to stumble upon the resume of a Concept Designer who does a lot of work for both Disney and Universal, and they just happened to have a nice long list of all the projects they've worked on for Universal Creative:

qeTm7ey.png

Some of those numbers will look very familiar - others not so much. The most interesting ones to me are Projects 903 and 905. I wasn't able to find much on Project 903, but some people on Linkedin are working on Project 905 and have had some very telling other gigs and live in a very specific part of the world:

NXkma3k.png

-------
e3JWhxF.png

You may recall a very similar situation happening when Project 722 permits started getting filed - many people with Project 722 listed on their Linkedin's also worked on Harry Potter films and also were working at Leavesden Studios. So I think it's a pretty safe bet that Project 905 is the Fantastic Beasts land in Fantastic Worlds. Again, it's not really anything we didn't already know, but at least we now we have some fairly concrete evidence of its existence, and a project number!

So anyway, I hope some of you find this interesting - I know it doesn't tell us much in the grand scheme of things, but at least we now have specific things to look out for in the future!
I hope the FB movies get better...

ojOVg3Q.png

qeTm7ey.png

NXkma3k.png

-------
e3JWhxF.png

Wonder what land they are working on

Also, great find!

Status
Not open for further replies.