Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

From what I've gathered from the threads:
1) Ride doesn't always open on time
2) Ride has semi-frequent delays
3) Ride often closes early
4) Animatronics are frequently not working
5) Audio is sometimes not working

That to me....is not fine.
Valid and these points need to be fixed, but you forget to mention number 6: everyone who experienced the ride loves it despite it's imperfections.

Valid and these points need to be fixed, but you forget to mention number 6: everyone who experienced the ride loves it despite it's imperfections.

I don't really have any disagreement there, I haven't heard/read anyone say they don't like the ride itself. But just because a ride is good doesn't mean it's operating or doing fine. I would have expected 4 months after opening for most or all of these issues to be resolved, but that's my opinion.

I don't really have any disagreement there, I haven't heard/read anyone say they don't like the ride itself. But just because a ride is good doesn't mean it's operating or doing fine. I would have expected 4 months after opening for most or all of these issues to be resolved, but that's my opinion.

It't not unusual for a ride to take longer than a year to fix all of its issues.

From what I've gathered from the threads:
1) Ride doesn't always open on time
2) Ride has semi-frequent delays
3) Ride often closes early
4) Animatronics are frequently not working
5) Audio is sometimes not working

That to me....is not fine.

1-3 yup, still working on that. 4 happens when there are shut downs and I’ve only seen an issue once, on the third day of ops. 5 is just not really a *thing*.

That’s all true. But we’re also watching this ride like a hawk more than any others right now. I had no audio on Fast and Furious the other day, things like that just happen sometimes.

As for number 4, really hoping they install the rumored replacements soon.

I've experienced no audio on Gringotts and Spider-man before. They were nice enough to let us re-ride without waiting very long. Do they do anything if you experience issues while riding on Hagrid?

That’s all true. But we’re also watching this ride like a hawk more than any others right now. I had no audio on Fast and Furious the other day, things like that just happen sometimes.
Apples and oranges. Can’t compare an occasional glitch/issue, like every ride has, with a ride that is having consistent issues with little to no resolution occurring thus far.
Consistent is the key word here and why your F&F example doesn’t apply.

I've experienced no audio on Gringotts and Spider-man before. They were nice enough to let us re-ride without waiting very long. Do they do anything if you experience issues while riding on Hagrid?
Ya- you loop right around to the child swap area upon ride exit.

It’s managed very well.

Got in line yesterday around 1 - 150 posted, 120 actual.

not as lucky right now. Got in line at 3:10 to a 150 min wait. Went great though the pre show (under 40 min), but now sitting in extended delay for at least 30 minutes with very limited announcements.

EDIT - It was down for about 45 minutes, but eventually came back up and the total wait was 2:10. What an amazing ride. Got our first two rides in the past two days, and all smiles.

Last edited:
Oh here we are...mid October and the ride appears to have the same problem it did when it opened. So much for working out the bugs.

Opening late
Delays
Closing early
Lower than expected capacity due to # of trains.
AAs not working

I guess we can add no audio to the list?
There aren't as many delays. There certainly a heck of a lot more train running than when it opened. Hagrid was working when I rode so only thing I noticed was the one head on Fluffy. I suppose the could just put a disco light on it....

Opening late
Delays
Closing early
Lower than expected capacity due to # of trains.
AAs not working

I guess we can add no audio to the list?

This discussion is becoming so tired. Sure, let's add no audio to the list because of one instance.

How dare you point out the obvious! :lol::bolt:

I guess which is ultimately my point. Everyone is agreeance that the situation sucks. Poop happened. This isn't the first time a ride that pushes the envelope deals with opening year issues (RS Racers, FoP, Gringotts, etc). It doesn't help that it also had some bad luck with outside forces (rainier than usual summer, f'n bees). As it was said earlier, it is what it is. We don't need to keep beating the dead horse about it.

Seeing as my experience of the no audio seems to have started this up let me go into a little more detail;

Opening line ‘don’t mind the thestrals’ worked everything after that was off.

They were incredibly professional and had us back on the ride within two minutes no questions asked, they also then tested this train with a team member to check the issues multiple times.

My post was to highlight the positive in this situation not the negative (which I hardly see as a negative seeing as they are pretty on it making sure our ride was not ruined).

Yes it still has some issues but we rode 5 times over a two week period and overall it was running great. We never got there early, we always got in line around mid day or later and had a great experience.

.....and the biggest point is it still sits with both of us that this is the best ride we have ever been on (especially the night ride).